Did the first iPhone have the most responsive touch screen?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014

Hi doing a project on the Cell phone evolution and need to know whether or not the iPhone had the most responsive touch screen when it came out?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7

Well, on the 2007 Keynote, Steve Jobs introduced a touch screen smartphone which "no longer needed a stylus". The iPhone  was certainly once of the first entirely stylus-free touch-screen devices. And indeed at that time, it featured the most responsive touch-screen among the rest of smartphones available on the market.

• Reply 2 of 7
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

I believe that all iPhones have had the most responsive touchscreens at their respective times of introduction. You can see testing videos of this on the Internet.

• Reply 3 of 7
    Thank you guys you've helped!
  • Reply 4 of 7

It is not just the touchscreens but also the software or the operating system is totally synced with the hardware and that is the reason Apple will give you good results every time.

• Reply 5 of 7

I second to the above posts. I had quite a few touch-screen phones prior to having my iPhone and I believe iPhone has the most responsive touch screen of all. Better than my capacitive phones before, I should say! 

• Reply 6 of 7

Hello,

The android and iPhone are really about the same. Each maybe better in certain areas but do exactly the same thing. I wish iPhone could upgrade memory and change battery as easy as the droid does. Oh yeah.. And the droid has superior battery life I think even to the 3GS iPhone. I recommend them both as I have watched multiple reviews comparing these two heavy weight powerhouses. Each won there share but really it was not like either phone just left the other behind. 

• Reply 7 of 7
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by saniyah View Post

The android and iPhone are really about the same. Each maybe better in certain areas but do exactly the same thing.

Well, yeah. Google designed it that way.