Moshi Luna Illuminated Keyboard

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014

Well, I went ahead and bought the Moshi Luna Keyboard, and here are some of my observations. I noticed that the Moshi Luna Illuminated keyboard can't perform a Pram reset by holding the p,r,option, command keys on restart. Other than that one issue the keyboard is simply a joy to use! The key's have a better more solid tactical feedback than the standard Apple keyboard. A much better height angle at 9 degrees feels very comfortable, and totally brilliant white backlighting. The construction is really first rate. even though it is plastic, it is a very high grade thick plastic. The keyboard is actually quite a bit heavier than the Apple keyboard. I'm very pleased so far. Guess I'll have use my Apple keyboard to perform a Pram reset. No biggie really. The benefits far out weigh that. If you can live with the Pram thing, I would recommend this keyboard to anyone looking for a solid illuminated keyboard. Oh, and every function key works perfectly!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    I'm not sure why Apple don't make their desktop keyboards illuminated, especially the wired ones. They can use it as an indicator with the wireless one to let you know it's connected ok.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    hmmhmm Posts: 3,405member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

I'm not sure why Apple don't make their desktop keyboards illuminated, especially the wired ones. They can use it as an indicator with the wireless one to let you know it's connected ok.

I would guess due to cost. They do carry the moshi ones in the Apple store.

• Reply 3 of 4

overall, i think it is great. did not know about not being able to do a pram reset. good to know. what i did find is that in adobe acrobat, photoshop and illustrator (i do not use in-design) the shift key is not recognized correctly. that is bad news since it is used for constraining moves in all. if i hit shift 2 or 3 times then hold and move it will work as expected.

if anyone has hit this and has a fix, i would love to hear it. i have searched and not found anything on this one as of yet.

• Reply 4 of 4
    tony3dtony3d Posts: 47member
    Figured out how to get the pRam reset to work. If I Plug the keyboard into the left most USB slot on the back of my Mac Pro it works fine. The Mac keyboard works in any slot.