Motorola's seven-patent ITC complaint against Apple detailed

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 69
    A few. And you'll notice there are zero Apple trolls on any of them. And barely any posts that say good things about Apple at all.

and 50% of the articles aren't about Apple nor referencing Apple ....so your point is moot.
  • Reply 62 of 69

Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

and 50% of the articles aren't about Apple nor referencing Apple ....so your point is moot.

Yeah, because we certainly only get trolls in our Apple articles. My point couldn't be further from moot, but I would have been more shocked had you not said anything about it.

• Reply 63 of 69
    Frankly I have been quite unimpress with the majority of dialogue surrounding the patent situation of late. After the endless parade of suits--oft to garner a favorable ruling in another country when the desired results were not achieved at home--I entertained prematurely that the news was being followed, that a measurable degree of knowledge would improve. Samsung vs Apple in specific has illustrated quite vividly what motivates, what necessitates and what is outright strategic posturing when it comes to patent disputes. Case in point, where's the historical background of these new claims made by Google, oh right it's Motorola that's technically bring these infringements to light. Why now? How on earth has it taken them this long to acknowledge these infringements? Really, first generation devices are being cited. True Apple has not always been timely with their complaints but they appear less strategic in regards to the state of the marketplace, impending product reveals, or bad quarterly report statements. As excercises in fruitly goes the mobil OS platform debate takes the cake. I comprehend that those not using iOS are innodated with often favourable reviews and analysis, however consider the years of endless put downs of Apple users endured. Prehaps Apple's profits have been mistaken for market share. Do your research, a blog here and there is not the way to get to the facts. (I read every page of released documents, followed historic evidence online and sourced numberous websites, foreign news service and read countless posts. And I still don't believe I could vote without reasonable doubt--on some of the matters.) This rampant emotional back and forth between OS platform users has been as tiresome as it has been informative. No platform will satiate the diverse range of needs and wants of users. All this bickering when, if investigated, the product knowledge and ability to use all the hundreds of smartphone features are unknown to their users.
  • Reply 64 of 69
    Frankly I have been quite unimpress with the majority of dialogue surrounding the patent situation of late. After the endless parade of suits--oft to garner a favorable ruling in another country when the desired results were not achieved at home--I entertained prematurely that the news was being followed, that a measurable degree of knowledge would improve. Samsung vs Apple in specific has illustrated quite vividly what motivates, what necessitates and what is outright strategic posturing when it comes to patent disputes. Case in point, where's the historical background of these new claims made by Google, oh right it's Motorola that's technically bring these infringements to light. Why now? How on earth has it taken them this long to acknowledge these infringements? Really, first generation devices are being cited. True Apple has not always been timely with their complaints but they appear less strategic in regards to the state of the marketplace, impending product reveals, or bad quarterly report statements. As excercises in fruitly goes the mobil OS platform debate takes the cake. I comprehend that those not using iOS are innodated with often favourable reviews and analysis, however consider the years of endless put downs of Apple users endured. Prehaps Apple's profits have been mistaken for market share. Do your research, a blog here and there is not the way to get to the facts. (I read every page of released documents, followed historic evidence online and sourced numberous websites, foreign news service and read countless posts. And I still don't believe I could vote without reasonable doubt--on some of the matters.) This rampant emotional back and forth between OS platform users has been as tiresome as it has been informative. No platform will satiate the diverse range of needs and wants of users. All this bickering when, if investigated, the product knowledge and ability to use all the hundreds of smartphone features are unknown to their users.
  • Reply 65 of 69
    Yeah, because we certainly only get trolls in our Apple articles. My point couldn't be further from moot, but I would have been more shocked had you not said anything about it.

dude, you've been called a troll even on other Apple fan sites...your input is truly worthless.

My point is do you think ANY or a majority of the Android fans would be here if Apple Insider didn't make it it's duty to appear in RSS feeds?

That's why I'm here...reading articles, seeing the constant disinformation.

Fact: You'd be down at least one Android fan if not for the site's need to mention Android every other article.
  • Reply 66 of 69
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

dude, you've been called a troll even on other Apple fan sites...your input is truly worthless.

In what regard? What's your point? I don't worship every decision Apple makes. That makes me a troll to some. Who cares? My input is of no less worth than yours.

My point is do you think ANY or a majority of the Android fans would be here if Apple Insider didn't make it it's duty to appear in RSS feeds?

Why not… just remove it from the RSS feed, then? Is… that not possible for some reason?

Fact: You'd be down at least one Android fan if not for the site's need to mention Android every other article.

Or… you could just… not… read the site. 

Someone else chime in here, is anything I'm saying somehow impossible or wrong?

• Reply 67 of 69
    In what regard? What's your point? I don't worship every decision Apple makes. That makes me a troll to some. Who cares? My input is of no less worth than yours.

Why not… just remove it from the RSS feed, then? Is… that not possible for some reason?

Or… you could just… not… read the site. 

Someone else chime in here, is anything I'm saying somehow impossible or wrong?

I chose to be here, BECAUSE of what I've read here...simple a that. I'm not saying I'm forced...but I'm explaining what prompted my decision.
  • Reply 68 of 69
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

I chose to be here, BECAUSE of what I've read here...simple a that. I'm not saying I'm forced...but I'm explaining what prompted my decision.

In and of itself, there's nothing at all wrong with that statement.

But upon seeing and being intrigued by the ludicrousness of a 'Baby Eating Convention' flyer, I wouldn't remain at the convention after having seen that people are actually eating babies there. 

• Reply 69 of 69

Quote:

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

No, I think the official list puts that one just after "Apple stole the GUI from Xerox".

LOL