LG exec says mass production of in-cell displays has started ahead of rumored iPhone launch

Comments

• Reply 21 of 47

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

It's good to hear that production is happening ahead of the launch¡

Heheh. Who'da thunk it?

• Reply 22 of 47
    strat09strat09 Posts: 158member

I'm not concerned much on how the public receives the new iPhone ...everyone has been waiting for this update since the 4th iPhone... and guess what?? The design that they are currently showing of the leaked photos on this website... will not really make them so happy but its okay because it's really thin and it has a widescreen display. But I think most people are expecting something like this... since they aren't AI's.

http://9to5mac.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/iphone-5.jpg?w=508&h=362&h=362

( with the edges fixed to look like the 3GS's) and instead they are getting the design we've been seeing all over here, and last time Apple stuck to their old design the stock went down 20 bucks at launch and Steve Jobs passed away the day after. If it was up to him he would of made the iPhone more like the one in the photo I showed... and it would come in all colors like those of the iPod shuffles.

And if Apple is to launch an iPhone during Septemeber you'd be wrong, just like last years predictions... they had an event on October, and I think they will launch it on November just in time for the holiday season shopping.

• Reply 23 of 47
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    strat09 wrote: »
    I'm not concerned much on how the public receives the new iPhone ...everyone has been waiting for this update since the 4th iPhone... and guess what?? The design that they are currently showing of the leaked photos on this website... will not really make them so happy but its okay because it's really thin and it has a widescreen display. But I think most people are expecting something like this... since they aren't AI's.

( with the edges fixed to look like the 3GS's) and instead they are getting the design we've been seeing all over here, and last time Apple stuck to their old design the stock went down 20 bucks at launch and Steve Jobs passed away the day after. If it was up to him he would of made the iPhone more like the one in the photo I showed... and it would come in all colors like those of the iPod shuffles.

And if Apple is to launch an iPhone during Septemeber you'd be wrong, just like last years predictions... they had an event on October, and I think they will launch it on November just in time for the holiday season shopping.

That design is awful! I absolutely hate those mockups. Not all, just the ones that eschew any critical thinking or logic when designing something. It's great someone wants something to "look cool" but it also has to be practical and a solid metal back isn't even close without a lot of qualifiers.
  • Reply 24 of 47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Napoleon_PhoneApart View Post

Wow. Just looked over your posts. No agenda there. :D

No rational person would consider a larger screen with much lower resolution and gaudy, over-saturated images superior.

No rational person would consider “customization” of paramount importance.

Assessing a category of products or services solely on the basis of two properties portends a deficit of thought applied to the assessment.  A rational person would consider the product and service holistically by reviewing importance factors such as:

• battery life 

• content availability (apps, books, movies, music, podcasts, ringtones, television)

• cost (TCO)

• customer service (availability and quality of service)

• customization (no definition has been provided)

• display quality (brightness, color gamut, contrast, ppi, size, viewing angle, etc.)

• ecosystem ("made for iPhone" products)

• enterprise management

• ergonomic design (size, weight)

• lifecycle

• integration of services

• reliability

• security

• synchronization of services

• user interface design (consistency, ease-of-use, intuitiveness, latency, etc.)

• etc.

• etc.

• etc.

This suggests a reason that Android-based smartphone proponents seem incapable of properly delineating their reasoning process regarding choice of smartphone.

#next_pages_container { width: 5px; hight: 5px; position: absolute; top: -100px; left: -100px; z-index: 2147483647 !important; }

#next_pages_container { width: 5px; hight: 5px; position: absolute; top: -100px; left: -100px; z-index: 2147483647 !important; }

• Reply 25 of 47

Originally Posted by Strat09 View Post

But I think most people are expecting something like this... since they aren't AI's.

I don't get what people's obsession is with the 3GS' design. It's not really that good anymore, considering. It wasn't very good at all when it was released on the 3G, even. The 1st-gen iPhone had the best design until the iPhone 4 came along.

That design is awful! I absolutely those mockups.

I absolutely those mockups, too.

????

• Reply 26 of 47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I absolutely those mockups, too.????

• Reply 27 of 47
    mcrsmcrs Posts: 172member

The US and Canada [and the Americas] are ONE DAY behind many countries around the world, including Australia. I am a bit confused by your saying "getting it first" and then "thanking the date line". 

Quote:

Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

We should get them first, again.

Thanks to the International date line.

While you are sleeping in Australia we will have them.

• Reply 28 of 47
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by 845032 View Post

Another year, Another iphone.

Yes this one like it too, many, many good.
  • Reply 29 of 47
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcrs View Post

The US and Canada [and the Americas] are ONE DAY behind many countries around the world, including Australia. I am a bit confused by your saying "getting it first" and then "thanking the date line". 

That's why, I had had my 3G for about 14 hours when America was still lining up, the 4 launch was delayed here so missed out on having that first, the fifth iPhone model the 4S was launched here the same date, except you write it backwards.

Posted from Australia 2:55pm, 23/8/2012

• Reply 30 of 47

Ahh..that...

Quote:

Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

• Reply 31 of 47
    hill60 wrote: »
    That's why, I had had my 3G for about 14 hours when America was still lining up, the 4 launch was delayed here so missed out on having that first, the fifth iPhone model the 4S was launched here the same date, except you write it backwards.

I believe he is confused by the missing comma. He read your post as, "While you are sleeping in Australia, we will have them." When you meant, "While you are sleeping, in Australia we will have them." The lack of a comma made him think that Tallest Skil was in Australia.
  • Reply 32 of 47
    Have you seen the Jack-in-the-Box commercials that parody Siri?
    Classic. Too bad it's so true though.
    Very happy with my Samsung G2, which has a larger screen than even the new iPhone. Plus, a much more customizable UI.

My dumb TV (2003) has even a larger screen than your Samesung G2!
    How cool is that?
  • Reply 33 of 47
    sleepy3sleepy3 Posts: 244member

Sweet. In cell tech. Finally they caught up to what Samsung has been doing for about three years now image

• Reply 34 of 47
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Why do people want the new iPhone to look like the iPad or worse the magic mouse.
  • Reply 35 of 47
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Is customizable screen just codeword for widgets? So we're all supposed to drool over Android because it has widgets?
  • Reply 36 of 47
    hentaiboyhentaiboy Posts: 1,252member
    hill60 wrote: »

You're all ass about face. If it's released on the DAY of the 21st in the US then it's night time here in Australia. So we don't get it until the next morning (22nd).
  • Reply 37 of 47
    sleepy3 wrote: »
    Sweet. In cell tech. Finally they caught up to what Samsung has been doing for about three years now :lol:

Which Samsung phones have in-cell LCD? Why is LCD significant over AMOLED? Simple, they are different technologies.

Here's a pic from Apple's patent on the tech. The whole thing is based on TFT-LCDs, not on a completely different display tech.

• Reply 38 of 47
    hentaiboy wrote: »
    You're all ass about face. If it's released on the DAY of the 21st in the US then it's night time here in Australia. So we don't get it until the next morning (22nd).

They start releasing the same day for all available markets. They don't start with the US and then start releasing to the other countries after that. We've seen plenty of unboxings that first started in Australia or New Zealand.
  • Reply 39 of 47
    mcrs wrote: »

That's as accurate as saying that Pacific Time is a day ahead of Central Time because you could argue that there is a time frame in which the days aren't the same.
  • Reply 40 of 47

Nope. For some people who've never been living outside of the US, then they start thinking that the time table for the universe revolves around the States' PST, CST, EST. We go with GMT for universal timing first of all. And, as for the "Date Line", it is pretty fixed already, as shown on this picture below. You can blame it on the Brits who very much demarcated this "Date Line" along the area of the map since the early 1900's. Yupe, Like Hill60 had said, Australia is indeed one day ahead of the States for any foreseeable future. Hence, Australians will get their new Iphones first before Americans do. 

Quote:

That's as accurate as saying that Pacific Time is a day ahead of Central Time because you could argue that there is a time frame in which the days aren't the same.