Samsung guilty of patent infringement, Apple awarded nearly $1.05B [u]

Comments

• Reply 101 of 446
    cycomikocycomiko Posts: 716member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar View Post

The picture says it all. There's really no other way for this to go other than Apple winning BIG time. Anything else and American/Western innovation might as well self-immolate or simply farm its R&D off to China, Korea, or any other lowest-common-denomitator knock-off artists.

The picture doesnt really say much at all

• Reply 102 of 446
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Hey, where are our usual trolls? /s

This verdict is so dumb! Apple thinks that they invented the square? You can't patent a square! Apple users are such sheep. They've gotta be brainwashed and dumb to choose the best phone and tablet on the market! Who would ever do such a thing?

• Reply 103 of 446
    jragosta wrote: »
    True, but Apple has won almost everything but the tablets - for at least some of the devices.
    Samsung would have to win big on their FRAND counterclaims to defeat Apple's wins here. The big one will be in how much the jury awards in damages.

That why I said wait, since FRAND counterclaims are not in

Edit Samsung have not proven their case, do far no damages awarded .lol
  • Reply 104 of 446
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Samsung claims:

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no…

BA HA HA HA HA HA!

• Reply 105 of 446
    crunchcrunch Posts: 180member
    I agree with the verdict. As an American (Californian even haha), I'm also happy with a U.S. win. :-P I hope Samsung won't try anything in the way of trying to disrupt Apple's supply chain, as there are quite a few Samsung parts in the iPhone, iPad, and MacBook's. For example, I REALLY like the 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, which is in all the new Retina MacBook Pro's as well as at least half the Mac Book Air's, which Apple renames "Apple SSD SM256E". And whenever you find "0x80AD" next to any part, you're once again looking at a part from Samsung.

Then again, at least using the SSD example, Intel's 520 Series SSD is basically equally as phenomenal but would likely increase Apple's overall costs for making its notebooks. I'm not so sure if that's the case for the various Samsung parts needed to make the iPhone and iPad.
  • Reply 106 of 446

LOL the trolls are stupefied, they must report to their samsung leader for more of their rhetoric bullshit. 

• Reply 107 of 446
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    The only big thing left is whether damages are trebled for willful infringement or whether there are punitive damages.
  • Reply 108 of 446

Up to around 2.3 billion now...

• Reply 109 of 446

Quote:

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Hey, where are our usual trolls? /s

Maybe their 'pay per post' money just dried up. image

• Reply 110 of 446
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

Sammy has literally not scored a single point. Nothing! Lose, Lose, Lose!

• Reply 111 of 446

I'll bet the appeal by Samsung has already been filed...

• Reply 112 of 446

Woo-hoo!

• Reply 113 of 446
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

AAPL up $7.78 as of 7:13 PM.image

• Reply 114 of 446
    rot'napplerot'napple Posts: 1,839member

"And boy have we patented it!" - Steve Jobs

/

/

/

• Reply 115 of 446
    strat09strat09 Posts: 158member
    Samsung is Guilty... it has been copying Palms designs, Blackberry's and then Apple's. Book 'em Judge! For selling smartphones that suck!
  • Reply 116 of 446
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Interesting. Samsung isn't guilty of antitrust for its FRAND / SEP games.

However, even if Apple infringed, Samsung could not collect due to patent exhaustion.

This is HUGE. Aside from the monetary damages, it sends a clear message. More importantly, it establishes a precedent that Apple can use against other infringers.
  • Reply 117 of 446
    4:43 AM | by David Hamilton
    Scorecard so far:
    * Jury finds Samsung infringement of Apple utility, design patents for some (though not all) products
    * Jury upholds Apple utility, design patents
    * Jury upholds Apple trade dress '983
    * Jury finds Samsung "diluted" Apple's registered iPhone, iPhone 3 and "Combination iPhone" trade dress on some products, not on others
    * No Apple infringement of Samsung utility patents
    * Jury found Samsung violated antitrust law by monopolizing markets related to the UMTS standard

Damages owed by Samsung:
    * $2.3 billion and counting
  • Reply 118 of 446
    hill60 wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see the London newspaper headlines:-

[SIZE=48px]SAMSUNG COPIED APPLE BUT THEY ARE STILL NOT COOL[/SIZE]

There I corrected that for you.
    ;-)
  • Reply 119 of 446
    macbook promacbook pro Posts: 1,605member

#next_pages_container { width: 5px; hight: 5px; position: absolute; top: -100px; left: -100px; z-index: 2147483647 !important; }
    Total Damages to be paid by Samsung = $2,490,185,000 USD

Total Damages to be paid by Apple = $0 USD

Team Apple!  Fu.. Yeah!

• Reply 120 of 446
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,093member

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  Oh man! I just got home and read the news.  It's about time!!  Scamscum and its phandroid b!tches are getting a really good taste of humble pie!

Samsung had it coming, and while they didn't get the machete to the head, they certainly had the sledgehammer dropped on them!

This will be great for consumers.  Why?  Because this sends a message that competition is good only if you make your own stuff and not steal from others.  Let's see what Samesung can do if they actually have to think for themselves!!

It's a great day!