It will be interesting to see the London newspaper headlines:-

SAMSUNG COPIED APPLE

I'd be curious to see the Korean newspaper headlines....image

• Reply 122 of 446

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

AAPL up $7.78 as of 7:13 PM.image

And Google down about $10.

Love to see Apple wipe the smirk of Larry (The Rat) Page's face.

• Reply 123 of 446
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    mstone wrote: »
    Sammy has literally not scored a single point. Nothing! Lose, Lose, Lose!

That's not true. Samsung won almost all the design patent issues related to tablets. That's an important win for them. They also won the arguments on whether they abused FRAND / SEP

Not important enough to make up for the massive losses, but it's incorrect to say that they didn't score a single point.
  • Reply 124 of 446
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member

I think Google just sh*t in their pants.

• Reply 125 of 446
    doh123doh123 Posts: 323member

why did the headline change to say 1 billion in damages?  from what I saw, it was much higher... 1 count alone was 1.5, and many other million ones... it should be over 2 billion.

• Reply 126 of 446
    jccjcc Posts: 326member
    bigdaddyp wrote: »
    Whoa. That seems awfully fast for such a complicated case. I mean complicated in the amount of information and instructions presented to the Jurors not the charge itself.
    Methinks this might not be good, hope I am wrong.

Not complicated at all if you have eyes and a brain. The copy was plain to see. Blatant.
  • Reply 127 of 446
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    doh123 wrote: »
    why did the headline change to say 1 billion in damages?  from what I saw, it was much higher... 1 count alone was 1.5, and many other million ones... it should be over 2 billion.

Roughly $2.3 B was the number reported.
  • Reply 128 of 446

Yeah what happened to Google helping Samsung?  The kinda petered out eh?  Google let them crash and burn. 

• Reply 129 of 446

And BOOM Goes The Dynamite!!!!

Rest in Peace Mr Jobs, congratulations. Huzzahh!! :) 

• Reply 130 of 446
    dickprinterdickprinter Posts: 1,060member

This suit was completely frivolous and without merit. You can't patent a rectangle. Apple, with their huge war chest, must have paid off the jury for this verdict to happen. Samsung will appeal and win.

Signed, DaHarder 

;-)

/Sarcasm

• Reply 131 of 446

Apple just got a $1 Billion discount on parts...nothing more.

So how much of it do the lawyers get?

• Reply 132 of 446
    doh123doh123 Posts: 323member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

i thouht so.. but Appleinsider post here still says "$1.05B"

• Reply 133 of 446

HAHAHHAHA.

The android troll army will be out in force this weekend doing damage control.

• Reply 134 of 446
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

Quote:

That's not true. Samsung won almost all the design patent issues related to tablets. That's an important win for them. They also won the arguments on whether they abused FRAND / SEP

Not important enough to make up for the massive losses, but it's incorrect to say that they didn't score a single point.

Apple didn't win everything they claimed but that is not a win point for Samsung. They just didn't lose on those points. In the claims that Samsung was making against Apple they did not win a single one so my statement stands as is.

• Reply 135 of 446
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by doh123 View Post

I saw that and was about to fix it, but the article still says "Developing". Don't worry, if they don't change it by the time it's fully written, I will. You're both correct that it's wrong.

Originally Posted by Technarchy View Post

HAHAHHAHA.

The android troll army will be out in force this weekend doing damage control.

Don't remind me… image

Not that our rules let me do anything about it…

• Reply 136 of 446
    macbook promacbook pro Posts: 1,605member

Quote:

Originally Posted by doh123 View Post

The Verge initially reported $1.5 BN but neglected to note that was for a single award.

My earlier post:

#next_pages_container { width: 5px; hight: 5px; position: absolute; top: -100px; left: -100px; z-index: 2147483647 !important; }

Total Damages to be paid by Samsung = $2,490,185,000 USD

Total Damages to be paid by Apple = $0 USD

#next_pages_container { width: 5px; hight: 5px; position: absolute; top: -100px; left: -100px; z-index: 2147483647 !important; }

• Reply 137 of 446
    Very happy that justice has been served. Well done Apple!

Up yours samscum!
  • Reply 138 of 446
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    not sure where the $2.3 billion is coming from? $1.051 billion was the total awarded; this was announced first and then broken down by device. Perhaps someone took the total, then added on the breakdown with dodgy arithmetic?
  • Reply 139 of 446
    dilliodillio Posts: 106member

It's about time. Back when Steve Jobs introduced the iPhone, and said they patented the hell out of it, I was shocked to see the Android phones with a slide to unlock, and was wondering when Apple might take them to task. I didn't know it might take 5 years, but glad it's come to this, and Google and their partners can finally stop being evil, if even forced.

• Reply 140 of 446

Quote:

Hey, where are our usual trolls? /s

I am guessing they've self-immolated. image