Samsung guilty of patent infringement, Apple awarded nearly $1.05B [u]

Comments

• Reply 281 of 446
    mac512mac512 Posts: 37member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTR View Post

Dude, quit your day job and start making the T-shirts; you'll sell those by the score (maybe just send me a freebee?)

Patent it first, NOW ;-)

• Reply 282 of 446
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

They done gone home, it is over...for now.

$1,049,343,540.

• Reply 283 of 446

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcrs View Post

This is huge in the US, yes. But, elsewhere? I don't think the impact will be that big. Different countries always mean different jurisdictions. Although, many, if not all, of Android phone makers will try harder to make sure that their phones are not infringing Apple's patents just to avoid of being hassled or haggled in the court of law by Apple anywhere on the planet. 

Even if other jurisdictions don't agree with the U.S. decision, no manufacturer will want to deal with the legal hassle or make two versions of a device with one for the U.S. market. Ultimately, playing nice makes the most money.

• Reply 284 of 446

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Ha now the fandroids are moaning that the jury came back with a verdict too soon, and that this will be overturned on appeal. LOL How often do 3 panel judges overturn jury verdicts? Oh and they're also whining about the setting being favorable to Apple even though both companies signed off on the jury. Sorry fandroids Samsung got pwned. And what's really hilarious is TouchWiz seems to be the biggest culprit and most fandroids would prefer stock Android anyways. image

Microsoft having some fun with this verdict.

s31yk3.jpg

So that's what FUD stands for - "Fresh. Unique. Different."  Thanks for clearing that up!

• Reply 285 of 446
    tylerk36tylerk36 Posts: 1,037member

Keh-Goggi E-Se'o Adashi?  Samsung E-Se'o EEmee Sheemee Peck peck poji-da!!!!!!!!

???? ? ???  Samsung ??? ??? ??? ?? ?? ?????? ??

Now that is not how it is really spelled. I spelled it this way so you would know how it is pronounced.

• Reply 286 of 446

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrey View Post

I don't care about both Apple and Samsung. I'll buy best technology. Looks like someone takes it personally. image

Like he said, go away.

• Reply 287 of 446
    andreyandrey Posts: 108member
    hill60 wrote: »
    So how many Blueray quality DVD's do you download or stream using your corporate phone?

Like how much faster do you get those corporate emails, is it quicker than the lag between touching something and it doing something on the screen?

Your download speed spec means NOTHING to most of the people on earth, it makes very little difference in the real world.

It's a useless, stupid pissing contest.

How about 2 adults sitting on iPads and 2 kids streaming pandora on iTouches from my hotspot without any lag during this summer vacation on a ocean. Use your imagination.
  • Reply 288 of 446

Quote:

How about 2 adults sitting on iPads and 2 kids streaming pandora on iTouches from my hotspot without any lag during this summer vacation on a ocean. Use your imagination.

What's an 'iTouch'?

• Reply 289 of 446
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    All these comments I'm seeing on the web about the jury not being smart enough to decide this case because they're not experts in patents...well had Samsung won would these same people still be claiming that? Of course not. We'd hear about how brilliant the jury was and thank god for common sense, blah blah blah.
  • Reply 290 of 446

Quote:

What's an iTouch? And why - it sounds uncomfortable - are adults sitting on iPads?

edit: Damn, beaten to the punch by anantksundaram!

• Reply 291 of 446
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    What's an 'iTouch'?

Lol why are you even arguing with a 8 post troll?
  • Reply 292 of 446
    andreyandrey Posts: 108member
    What's an 'iTouch'?

Our Nickname for iPod Touch.
  • Reply 293 of 446
    sunsun Posts: 5member
    It's a great day. Nice to finally see some justice served. Well done, Apple!!
  • Reply 294 of 446

Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Lol why are you even arguing with a 8 post troll?

If he (or she) doesn't feed the small trolls how will they ever grow up to be big and strong...oh wait...damn!

• Reply 295 of 446

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewan View Post

Name calling and belittling others because you have 9,000 posts and no life. How very sad.

It's not the number of posts, it's because YOU'RE WRONG. 

• Reply 296 of 446
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

What's an 'iTouch'?

A discontinued Logitech keyboard.

Our Nickname for iPod Touch.

Oh, so like my iPod touch is called "The Emulation" or how my iPhone is called "The Triumverate"…

Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

It's not the number of posts, it's because YOU'RE WRONG. 

I'd like to put that in my signature, but I've more important stuff there right now. Crying shame… 

• Reply 297 of 446
    As much as it's a good thing that Samsung was called out for being the blatant Apple copying machine that they are, it's still tragic that software patents for trivial "inventions" (like one-click shopping) are rampant in the U.S.

Software patent law needs to be reformed, or software patents need to be abolished altogether.

Also, how much you want to bet this gets quickly appealed?
  • Reply 298 of 446
    radarradar Posts: 271member

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac512 View Post

Patent it first, NOW ;-)

Damn, Samsung beat me to it ;)

• Reply 299 of 446

I must say I am disappointed. Before the iTrolls pounce on me, I've been a Mac user for many years and love my iPhone 4 and iPad. 

But I am also an avid Android user. My Galaxy S3 is leaps and bounds better than my iPhone, but it will never replace it. It sits in harmony alongside my trusty iPhone. They get along well. Each phone does certain things better than the other. It's just down to what phone I feel like using on a certain day. If I want to use my phone in bright daylight, I use my iPhone. If I want to enjoy submersive 3D gaming on a vibrant screen (indoors), then it's the S3.

Anyway, back to the point. I don't label myself as a fan of either mobile platform, because neither of them is perfect. Heck, no. I couldn't really care less whether Samsung did copy Apple's ideas or not. If they did, then they incorporated some good ideas into a phone/tablet that combines the best of both worlds. Ethically, I don't give a damn. I pay good money for my devices and the more bang I get for my buck makes the experience so much more enjoyable.

Now please excuse me, I'm going to play a few games on my Nexus 7 while I make a few calls on my Galaxy S3. And later on, I think I'll edit some videos and images on my Mac. And then tomorrow I'll take my iPhone out with me for the weekend 'cos my Galaxy S3's battery life blows.

Just sayin'.

• Reply 300 of 446

Thank you members of the jury.

You helped right this wrong.