Apple cleared of infringing Motorola patents, avoids U.S. import ban

Comments

• Reply 81 of 111

Originally Posted by Pgkavana View Post

He lost an Apple phone his friends stated he was terrified what apple would do to him.

Funny how none of your links or mine say that. Mind linking us to where that is said?

And the fact of the matter a company Apple employ beat someone because he lost a Iphone. 

EXCEPT NO, THIS DIDN'T HAPPEN. STOP SAYING THIS. Foxconn employees are not Apple employees. Even if he was beaten (which, like absolutely everything else you have said, is up for grabs), it was not Apple that did it.

And Apple still use them

Not you them, but them you you them them you.

Even though they don't abide by their own rules over there, I gotta say that I respect MacRumors for at least writing down a rule that should be everywhere:

Originally posted by MacRumors' Forum Rules

Instantly Bannable Offenses

6. Hoaxes. Purposely misleading other members to their detriment. Giving advice you know to be incorrect or harmful. Sensationalism.

• Reply 82 of 111

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevonga90 View Post

I think you are taking the articles out of context.

I don't think so i have never heard of such treatment by a company. Even if the story is half true it is very scary.

• Reply 83 of 111

Quote:

No one really care that someone was beaten and decided to kill themselves after losing a phone. Are you a bit of a Nazi , this is a human being we are talking about.

Chill out, I feel sorry for the man, But I think he overreacted when he jumped, Apple would have just replaced the lost phone.

• Reply 84 of 111

Quote:

I don't think so i have never heard of such treatment by a company. Even if the story is half true it is very scary.

And How do you know he was beaten.

• Reply 85 of 111
    muppetrymuppetry Posts: 3,331member
    Come on guys - you let this entire thread get derailed by a low-grade, juvenile troll. Show some restraint and quit engaging him.
  • Reply 86 of 111

I wonder how samsung will cope with this reality check.

• Reply 87 of 111

Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

Come on guys - you let this entire thread get derailed by a low-grade, juvenile troll. Show some restraint and quit engaging him.

Without correction, the lies stand as accepted truth to guests of the forum and users that don't know better.

And since lies aren't a bannable offense… 

• Reply 88 of 111
    muppetrymuppetry Posts: 3,331member
    muppetry wrote: »

Without correction, the lies stand as accepted truth to guests of the forum and users that don't know better.

And since lies aren't a bannable offense… 

Well refute once and move on then. Not that anyone was likely to believe his badly written nonsense; anonymity is all well and good, but still doesn't disguise an uneducated kid pretending to be an industry professional.
  • Reply 89 of 111
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

Quote:

If Apple find you mislayed a new prototype you die after a fall from a building after getting a good beating as what happened with Sun Dan-yong.

No, the weak person committed suicide. Shit happens. 

• Reply 90 of 111
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member

Quote:

No one really care that someone was beaten and decided to kill themselves after losing a phone. Are you a bit of a Nazi , this is a human being we are talking about.

What's that got to do with anything? One person deciding to off themselves because of a lost phone is none of my damn business (or yours), not only because we don't know the exact circumstances, and we don't know what was going on in his head, but also because the only person who is accountable for that act is the victim. Whether they felt "compelled" to do it for one reason or another is for the realm of psychology to determine. The circumstances are not only too nebulous for you or I to render a judgment on, but it is galactically preposterous to lay the blame at Apple's doorstep (or on anyone else's, for that matter.)

You're bringing this (non)issue up because you are REACHING. You are reaching because people like you have been outed. Trolls do that kind of reaching. Some nebulous, hazy human rights issue used as a last resort argument because you have nothing else left in the tank with which to attack Apple, who has been completely vindicated not only in the court of public opinion but also *legally* as well.]

And as for human rights at Foxconn, Apple's done more good in that area than any other company (especially the ones no one cares to talk about.)  How about pointing a finger at Microsoft's factories in China? After all, MS is a CONVICTED MONOPOLY ABUSER. What else are they capable of?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/microsoft-studies-claims-of-child-labour-abuse-at-chinese-supplier-1946356.html

http://www.businessinsider.com/microsoft-slammed-over-child-labor-accusations-2010-4?op=1

Oh well. But we only like to talk about Apple, because they're the ones who get the glory in the market. 

How about pointing a finger at Samsung while you're at it:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/technology-blog/report-paints-dire-picture-samsung-factory-working-conditions-030044518.html

And they're loser copycats *on top* of all that. 

Meanwhile . . .

http://business.financialpost.com/2012/08/22/apple-supplier-foxconn-improves-china-factories-faster-than-scheduled-audit/

• Reply 91 of 111
    vicpvicp Posts: 11member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Oh, can you not see the emoji? I probably shouldn't hitch the meaning of my posts on them until everyone is on Mountain/Lion… 

I wonder how few people saw my explosive emoji post in the main Samsung trial thread… 

FYI, I'm on Mountain Lion, but normally use Firefox, and as a result the emoji wasn't visible. Had to go to Safari to appreciate your post. (And I do mean appreciate!)

• Reply 92 of 111
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by vicp View Post

FYI, I'm on Mountain Lion, but normally use Firefox, and as a result the emoji wasn't visible.

Oh, well, that's a crock! What's the point of having the character support if third parties can ignore it?! Thanks for the insight, though.

• Reply 93 of 111
    Looks like Aple takes the W x2, but do they deserve it?
  • Reply 94 of 111
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member

Quote:

If you are happy with Apple stay with them. But around 90% of computer users don't use Apple. People who buy Apple are very loyal and will continue to buy apple no matter what. Even in the late eighties early nineties when Apple made sh###.  I have not used an apple product in 10 years I think since the first ipod.

Apple are very good at controlling people. That's what they do they lock people in. Stop them thinking. Apple in the the industry make a very narrow product range. They control this range very well. It is of excellent quality but if you break down there hardware is behind the curve. Slower processor's less memory, smaller HD's etc. But they tell there "followers" people you don't know better that this the best that they can get.

The iphone despite what you way is very similar to the LG phone. There was plenty of tablets before the Ipad some even had the same 'unique" shape.

Again you use the phase race to the bottom. These phones have larger better screens, faster processor's and work on a faster network. It seem's like a weird race to the bottom. Apple make great products but i like thinking for myself. 

When apple destoys companies with there neighbour judges that they help fund in local taxes. And a jury they that may employ. When they are the last ones standing see what happen's then.

I think if I read one more of your posts I'll officially become brain-dead. The level of idiocy is hard to quantify. Besides the mountain of lies/untruths/garbage in your posts, try to work on your appalling grammar before posting again. 

• Reply 95 of 111
    xrcxxrcx Posts: 117member

Quote:

lol it's like the little engine that couldn't, its like watching a wounded animal trying to crawl across a busy highway just to get a piece of food on the other side that is really only a pinecone.

Such a laughable train wreck that I don't think there are words to describe its level of depraved masochistic attention seeking. I want to ignore its pathetic psychotic, paranoid screams but I just can't look away because its sheer ignorance coupeled with its impossible plight makes me laugh despite how otherwise horrific its situation is.

Its like something that deserves a mercy kill but watching it suffer is just far more entertaining.

Poor little angry troll is angry....

• Reply 96 of 111
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

It's not a pickup truck, air conditioner, or frisbee, either. So?

You're arguing in circles. You should ignore Apple's under-$1000 computer because it's their only sub-$1000 computer? You're not making sense.

One (and only one) sub $1000 computer that isn't a notebook. 

It's not exactly ideal for market-share building. The Mini is interesting and certainly affordable, but it isn't a well-positioned product in the current market.

• Reply 97 of 111
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    quadra 610 wrote: »
    One (and only one) sub $1000 computer that isn't a notebook. 

It's not exactly ideal for market-share building. The Mini is interesting and certainly affordable, but it isn't a well-positioned product in the current market.

Maybe, maybe not.

That still doesn't explain the logic behind excluding it when listing Apple's price range.
  • Reply 98 of 111
    jfanningjfanning Posts: 3,398member
    s4bones wrote: »

2. those housewives landing the curiosity on mars must be crazy using such low tech slow computers...

Um, they weren't the people "landing" it
  • Reply 99 of 111
    The people who think Samsung/Motorola/HTC/Nokia should be allowed to copy Apple are probably the same people who sided with Creative when Apple had to pay out 200m to them over that interface patent.

They change their stance on copying based on their hate for Apple.
  • Reply 100 of 111

Why you guys are replying to this PK (whatever..)? Isn't it obvious he/she is showing his friends (probably in a 3rd grade) that he/she can make some mature guys dance?

Do you really think you can awake somebody who is really awake and pretending to be asleep?