I saw an iPad up close and personal the other day.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

I was suprised by how small it was, it's only a few inches bigger than my hand. :O

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

YES… wait, you only saw one for the first time today

Anyway, I agree with you. But did you mean for this to be part of another thread?

• Reply 2 of 5

LOL, like I've seen people using them and all that, but it was from so far away that you really couldn't see how big it actually was, today I saw that they're damn tiny lol, why would ANYONE want a 7 inch iPad?!

• Reply 3 of 5
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by marcusj0015 View Post

…why would ANYONE want a 7 inch iPad?!

It's even more striking when you've an iPad of your own to hold up right next to one of the 7-inchers available from other manufacturers. Steve Jobs was right when he said, "hold an iPad in portrait and draw an imaginary horizontal line right down the middle. The bottom half of your iPad is the size of the screen on these 7" devices. We just don't think that's enough for great tablet applications."

• Reply 4 of 5

Which is one reason why I give little credence to all these rumors of a smaller iPad.

• Reply 5 of 5
    twoseetwosee Posts: 58member

Yeah, I'd hate to see one come out also, but I think it's a pretty sure thing... and it'll fly off the shelves. I've heard from a few people that they'd love to have a smaller one strictly for reading, checking mail and minor things like that. And if it's in the $200-$250 range...