New Java vulnerability affects Macs, could lead to more malware

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 47

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffreytgilbert View Post

You are just filled with misinformation, aren't you? That person wasn't talking about JavaScript, and Java and JavaScript are NOT both plugins. Java is a plugin (as that person stated) that can be turned off. Java and JavaScript are NOTHING alike. 

... I never said Javascript was a plugin, I said that Oracle's Java has a browser plugin, but that it's basically a cross platform API. 

• Reply 42 of 47

Quote:

Originally Posted by auxio View Post

Riiight.  That's why many browsers pulled support for WebSockets (a web app technology) a little while back due to security issues.

It took me less than a week to port a fairly complex Objective-C app I'd written for iOS to Java (in order to create a compatible, browser-based version of it) due to those programming languages being so similar.  I can't imagine how long it would take to port that same code to be a web app which works as well in the multitude of web browsers out there (if it'd even be possible).

About the browser engine cross platform stuff, Yes, the web standards bodies NEED to force these engines to support the same things, and if they want a special function added, it needs to be approved. That's one of the main problems with the Web, it's too easy for companies to implement propetiary functions.

• Reply 43 of 47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

That number was never the truth. But you'd know that if you'd been paying attention. It was sheer fabrication. We don't use "fanboy".

Abject nonsense.

Yup, spoken like a true FANBOY. Can you site just one credible source that says the number was fabricated? Since you have been "paying attention" please educate me. You know what FANBOY, I won't hold my breath on that one because you clearly pulled that statement out of your...

• Reply 44 of 47

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSquirrel View Post

I could care less how they feel... 

I never read past this opening ignorant rant of yours. Clearly you're hurting for attention and need a shoulder to cry on.

• Reply 45 of 47
    auxioauxio Posts: 2,727member

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcusj0015 View Post

About the browser engine cross platform stuff, Yes, the web standards bodies NEED to force these engines to support the same things, and if they want a special function added, it needs to be approved. That's one of the main problems with the Web, it's too easy for companies to implement propetiary functions.

If they do that, then you'll end up with web technologies moving forward at the same glacial pace as C++.  Bogged down in steering committees and politics.  This is one of the reasons why NeXT/Apple chose Objective-C over C++ -- because they could move it forward at their own pace.

But, I agree, proprietary technologies have proven to be a hinderance to the web over the years.

• Reply 46 of 47

YEAH THIS ARTICLE IS VERY TRUE ,USEFUL THANKS FOR THE SMART VIEWS BUT I HAVE READ THIS ARTICLE AND FIND SOME MORE ASPECTS CHECK THIS http://sevencolourgossips.wordpress.com/2012/08/30/malware-flawcomputer-experts-warn-users-and-suggested-solution/

• Reply 47 of 47
    twoseetwosee Posts: 58member

Java is huge, and it's not going anywhere. As another poster mentioned, there are two separate components. Applets (crappy IMO) which run either standalone or on a webpage, and Server Side java. Java is used by the majority of Fortune 500 companies at some level. BUt yeah, i agree.. applets are giving the Java language a bad name these days.