Apple injunction hearing against Samsung scheduled for December

Comments

• Reply 41 of 67

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

And by the time that something gets banned, there will probably be newer models already on the market, which didn't exist when the case was first brought to court, as Android makers release a million different models each year. They truly practice the fine art of flinging shit to a wall, and seeing what sticks. 

It's too bad that Apple can't sue in advance. Apple should be able to file a motion to ban any new Samsung phone that gets released in 2012, even ones that don't yet exist today. And every time that a new Samsung phone comes out, Apple's lawyers can quickly figure out if that phone meets all of the criteria or not. 

True, the horse is bolt. Gone. Better worry about Galaxy 3. All items on an injunction list are now discontinued this part of the world.

• Reply 42 of 67

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

I think you'd feel more at home on Engadget or C|Net.

Better move to Grockspeak even. Since RoughlyDrafted closed, all of Apple blowhards and demagogues have come here instead.

• Reply 43 of 67

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omnipotent View Post

Your scenario is the real victory forn Apple. Samsung is not leaving the market. Apple just wants to protect their distintiveness. The money will come any ways. If this does not fall on appeal AND Samsung continues to infringe, the penalties cover thos post trial sales also. The amounts go way up.

Will be for the best if the new TouchWiz arrives, now with something even Apple and Google have to give it another look.

How much this will affect Key Lime Pie you think?

• Reply 44 of 67
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member

Overturning a jury verdict where no gross errors of procedure were committed, and in which the jury (selected by Apple and Samsung) demonstrably followed the guidelines set by the judge?

GOOD LUCK.

There are a very limited number of kicks that Samsung can take at the legal can regarding these same claims, especially after a trial by jury. 

They'll either need to come up with a new set of claims, or prepare for an extremely difficult uphill battle that will very likely turn out to be a waste of time. 

Samsung went the distance with Apple and they lost. That's really all there is to it. A jury verdict is usually the end of the line. 

Their vow to "fight Apple" is just face-saving boilerplate. They can continue to *attempt* to battle Apple through the courts in other areas, but the implications of this ruling - to Samsung and others in the industry - are substantial, and won't change. 

• Reply 45 of 67

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shidell View Post

Would it make you feel better if nobody ever challenged your thoughts? 

I think he'd like an *intelligent challenge*.

Something tells me you're not up to it. 

• Reply 46 of 67
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by hjb View Post

http://www.groklaw.net/why_we_are_a_bunch_of_losers_who_have_outlived_our_fifteen_minutes_of_fame

Come back to your comment then.

Wasn't the SCO case over years ago, along with any relevance Groklaw may have once had?

• Reply 47 of 67

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

Also, there isn't a single article on the sites you mentioned (theVerge, engadget, cnet, etc) where the editors state they believe the jury was 'biased'. Unless you're going by commentators, in which case good luck with that. 

Well they have to come up with *something.* Even if it's making stuff up at random. 

• Reply 48 of 67
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by sapporobabyrtrns View Post

The empty chair next to Nokia is RIM's. He excused himself to go to the bathroom to smoke and steal answers from Microsoft's test.

Originally Posted by Fairthrope View Post

How much this will affect Key Lime Pie you think?

Oh, not at all. When Key Lime Pie comes out, its features will be exactly how it was always going to be and if anything has changed from old versions, that's because it's a natural progression of how the software was going to change in the first place.

• Reply 49 of 67
    hill60 wrote: »
    Say what?
    The bleating, whining posts of thousands of snot-nosed fanboys from which you can only surmise one thing:-
    How do so many two year olds manage to type?

you're Republican aren't you?
  • Reply 50 of 67

So the problem is with the UI on top of Android and not the actual OS underneath?

Then if HTC regig its Sense and Samsung regig its TouchWiz so it won't violate iOS patents, both side can call a truce and go home?

I guess if there would be a lawsuit between Android OS and Apple, that would be another story for another time.

P.S. know another sweets that starts with K but not Key Lime Pie?

• Reply 51 of 67

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

Democrats during Bush years did a lot worse than this. Been back to MoveOn.org lately? It is awful. Go take a look.

• Reply 52 of 67

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

Nope, Australian.

• Reply 53 of 67
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

No reason for politics here.

• Reply 54 of 67

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairthrope View Post

So the problem is with the UI on top of Android and not the actual OS underneath?

Then if HTC regig its Sense and Samsung regig its TouchWiz so it won't violate iOS patents, both side can call a truce and go home?

I guess if there would be a lawsuit between Android OS and Apple, that would be another story for another time.

P.S. know another sweets that starts with K but not Key Lime Pie?

Knishes?

With sugar on them.

• Reply 55 of 67
    Nope, Australian.

best unexpected answer I've received in a while...hats off to you.
  • Reply 56 of 67
    shidellshidell Posts: 187member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Still waiting for this challenge....

You directed me to Engadget, an indication that I'd "fit in better" there, because while I'm here I question the status quo.

The point is that I'm challenging the mindset of the visitors of this site, not you specifically, or that I have some specific topic to argue with you about.

• Reply 57 of 67

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shidell View Post

The point is that I'm challenging the mindset of the visitors of this site,

To what end? To prove what, exactly?

• Reply 58 of 67
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    shidell wrote: »
    You directed me to Engadget, an indication that I'd "fit in better" there, because while I'm here I question the status quo.

No, you were referred to Engadget because that's where most of the mindless Apple-hating trolls hang out - so you'd fit in better there.
  • Reply 59 of 67
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    "Apple wrote:
    [" url="/t/152193/apple-injunction-hearing-against-samsung-scheduled-for-december#post_2178193"]And by the time that something gets banned, there will probably be newer models already on the market, which didn't exist when the case was first brought to court, as Android makers release a million different models each year. They truly practice the fine art of flinging shit to a wall, and seeing what sticks. 

It's too bad that Apple can't sue in advance. Apple should be able to file a motion to ban any new Samsung phone that gets released in 2012, even ones that don't yet exist today. And every time that a new Samsung phone comes out, Apple's lawyers can quickly figure out if that phone meets all of the criteria or not. 

Sue in advance? This isn't Minority Report.
  • Reply 60 of 67
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    Knishes?

With sugar on them.

A knish with sugar? Mustard yes but never heard of sugar unless your version is different from mine.