HTC has no intention to settle with Apple in wake of Samsung loss

Comments

• Reply 141 of 171

Quote:

Originally Posted by xRCx View Post

the original question was popularity which I do not define as simply the largest quantity.

Unfortunately the dictionary does not agree with you. Do I really need to quote a definition again???

• Reply 142 of 171
    xrcxxrcx Posts: 117member

Quote:

Originally Posted by e_veritas View Post

Unfortunately the dictionary does not agree with you. Do I really need to quote a definition again???

If you feel it necessary, but feel free to post all the definations, including the one regarding favor and affection.

• Reply 143 of 171
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    xrcx wrote: »
    lol I am not sure you even ready what I wrote, but if you think the low end smartphone market has no impact on android adoption numbers then you are delusional, the original question was popularity which I do not define as simply the largest quantity.

I read every word, but every person that buys a cheap android phone and starts to invest in apps and such is more likely to buy a higher end Android phone than lose out on that investment by going with an iPhone. Just as many of you will be hard pressed to leave the Apple ecosystem should a 3rd player arise that's a serious competitor to the iPhone.
  • Reply 144 of 171

Quote:

Originally Posted by xRCx View Post

If you feel it necessary, but feel free to post all the definations, including the one regarding favor and affection.

Oh, I see. So a word is being used wrong if it doesn't match ALL possible definitions in context. Is that the position you are now taking?

I was going to call you dense, but apparently I should rethink this. Even though you are clearly "slow to learn or understand", obviously you don't have a "high relative density or specific gravity", so that word wouldn't make any sense, would it?

• Reply 145 of 171
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member

Quote:

Apparently you have been living in a cave the last week...

http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/152042/motorolas-seven-patent-itc-complaint-against-apple-detailed

Of course. Google using Motorola to wield patents against others. That's why they purchased them. 

Quite frankly, at this point it just seems to be a lot of pissing in the wind by Moto . .  er um . . . "Google."

Until then, the haters can continue to concoct all manner of scenarios. 

Be sure to stay tuned for Apple's Christmas quarterly results. Should be quite exciting. New iPhone and all. And all the industry shake-up it will inevitably cause. Quite the opposite of fanciful concoctions and hasty puddings from haters. 

• Reply 146 of 171
    woodlinkwoodlink Posts: 198member

Quote:

Originally Posted by beezwax View Post

Once Apple break'em all then the only one left is our WALLET.   

Think different.

Thanks for those prophetic words it being your first post and all.

Think different?

Apple supporters have been forever.  We don't need your encouragement.  

Thanks for playing.

• Reply 147 of 171
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

I honestly can't tell if you're being serious or not. Are you asking what type of recent events are displayed at the top of the screen? Text, emails, etc...

Yes, on the status bar of my Galaxy Nexus there are small triangles with exclamation marks, envelope icons and other small icons indicating notifications.

On my iPhone there is nothing but the usual icons indicating network, battery status etc and nothing indicating that there are notifications present.

The description in Google's patent application, which I quoted from WakeFinance's earlier post is quite specific on this.

The relevant section, just so there's no confusion:- "includes displaying, in a status area near a perimeter of a graphical interface, a notification of a recent alert event for a mobile device".

• Reply 148 of 171

Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

I read every word, but every person that buys a cheap android phone and starts to invest in apps and such is more likely to buy a higher end Android phone than lose out on that investment by going with an iPhone. Just as many of you will be hard pressed to leave the Apple ecosystem should a 3rd player arise that's a serious competitor to the iPhone.

Finally an intelligent response, that is a fair point but again its assuming that a majority would stick with android, who has a weaker eco system and lower customer satisfaction I am not going to go surfing for references because I don't really care, but there are alot of articles out there comparing IOS and Android retention rates and most of the ones i have seen show a big difference.

• Reply 149 of 171

Quote:

Oh, I see. So a word is being used wrong if it doesn't match ALL possible definitions in context. Is that the position you are now taking?

I was going to call you dense, but apparently I should rethink this. Even though you are clearly "slow to learn or understand", obviously you don't have a "high relative density or specific gravity", so that word wouldn't make any sense, would it?

wow resorting to name calling, too bad, I haden't actually discredited you yet as a troll but from your response you clearly are, and no longer worth an effort.

• Reply 150 of 171

Quote:

No, I simply never assumed that 'popular' meant 'best' or 'expensive'. That is your conjecture. Since when was something that was 'cheap' no longer allowed to be 'popular'?

I really don't know how much clearer I can be considering I gave you the very definition of the word and the context I was using it in....

If there's a lot of influenza about, does that make it "popular"?

• Reply 151 of 171

Quote:

Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

lol it does if you define it the way he did.

On a different note, I like the comparison of andriod and the flu =)

• Reply 152 of 171
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

Ask the mods over there why they allow the level of trolling they do. MR is a haven for anti-Apple trolls that *actually* spend their time camping an Apple-centric website. 

When enough of them whine because they have nothing left in the tank, the mods respond. 

Simple as that. The mods need to address the concerns of those hitting the report button. When it's all the trolls doing it, the result is inevitable. 

I've gotten permabanned from MR, because of responding to the trolls and calling them out for their bullshit. 90% of the comments after each articles are anti-Apple: Nasty, sarcastic, hateful, snarky comments towards the company. The people that actually like Apple and its products there are a minority. 

• Reply 153 of 171
    mcrsmcrs Posts: 172member

Nope, you've misunderstood me. Since we ALL know MOST Apple Idevice users are MORE affluent and MORE intelligent than other smartphone users, they CAN AFFORD to buy an UNLOCKED Idevices. So, why do you GIVE your money for free? Telcos are NOT non-profit charity organizations. Affluent people USUALLY are very smart with their money, and IF they give money away for charity, usually they want to get some TAX BREAK in return, even for a dime.

Quote:

Oh I get it, you say no to some sweet trim because it's too expensive to take the girl out, why do that when you can get the same thing from some $5 crack ho.

• Reply 154 of 171

Quote:

Do you consider influenza to be "widely accepted"?

I'm hardly the first individual to consider 'most popular' to be synonymous with 'most used'. Let's look at some of the others who agree with my verbage.

TechCrunch

LA Times

Nielsen

Huffington Post

CS Monitor

PC World

International Business Times

I could go on with this list all day as there are literally thousands more.... 

• Reply 155 of 171

Quote:

Do you consider influenza to be "widely accepted"?

I'm hardly the first individual to consider 'most popular' to be synonymous with 'most used'. Let's look at some of the others who agree with my verbage.

TechCrunch

LA Times

Nielsen

Huffington Post

CS Monitor

PC World

International Business Times

I could go on with this list all day as there are literally thousands more.... 

Yeah, I guess you are right, Influenza's highest period of "popularity" seemed to die off around 1918-19.

• Reply 156 of 171
    mcrs wrote: »
    Nope, you've misunderstood me. Since we ALL know MOST Apple Idevice users are MORE affluent and MORE intelligent than other smartphone users, they CAN AFFORD to buy an UNLOCKED Idevices. So, why do you GIVE your money for free? Telcos are NOT non-profit charity organizations. Affluent people USUALLY are very smart with their money, and IF they give money away for charity, usually they want to get some TAX BREAK in return, even for a dime.

Show me a breakdown of iPhone owners and their intelligence plus income level over Android owners.
  • Reply 157 of 171

Quote:

Show me a breakdown of iPhone owners and their intelligence plus income level over Android owners.

show me a breakdown to the contrary

• Reply 158 of 171

Quote:

Yeah, I guess you are right, Influenza's highest period of "popularity" seemed to die off around 1918-19.

I really hope your not an English teacher over there in Australia....

• Reply 159 of 171
    xrcx wrote: »
    show me a breakdown to the contrary

You're the one making claims of the affluence and intelligence of iDevice owners. The burden of proof is on you. How did you come to know everything you claim?
  • Reply 160 of 171

Quote:

I really hope your not an English teacher over there in Australia....

Nah, philosophy

- Bruce