HTC has no intention to settle with Apple in wake of Samsung loss

12345679»

Comments

• Reply 161 of 171
    xrcxxrcx Posts: 117member

Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

You're the one making claims of the affluence and intelligence of iDevice owners. The burden of proof is on you. How did you come to know everything you claim?

I am stating my opinion based on what I see around me, friends, family, co workers, peoples reaction to android in general, blogs I read, and yes the many trolls that come on here. I don't need to prove anything to you, and I welcome your counter claim, but don't go around asking for proof when you have none to the contrary, there is no burden on anyone.

As I said, the Android market is flooded with lower end (throw away) phones that are either dirt cheap or free with contract, the masses buy them because of that fact. On the highly unlikely chance that Apple ever makes a giveaway phone and floods the market with them, then ill debate you on which brand is more popular.

• Reply 162 of 171
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    xrcx wrote: »
    I am stating my opinion based on what I see around me, friends, family, co workers, peoples reaction to android in general, blogs I read, and yes the many trolls that come on here. I don't need to prove anything to you, and I welcome your counter claim, but don't go around asking for proof when you have none to the contrary, there is no burden on anyone.

As I said, the Android market is flooded with lower end (throw away) phones that are either dirt cheap or free with contract, the masses buy them because of that fact. On the highly unlikely chance that Apple ever makes a giveaway phone and floods the market with them, then ill debate you on which brand is more popular.

Show me where I made a counter claim? Now all of a sudden you're back peddling from "We ALL know..." to "my opinion". Btw the 3GS is that very giveaway phone.
  • Reply 163 of 171
    xrcxxrcx Posts: 117member

Quote:

Show me where I made a counter claim? Now all of a sudden you're back peddling from "We ALL know..." to "my opinion". Btw the 3GS is that very giveaway phone.

I think you have me confused with someone else, I never said "we all" in any of my posts, the 3gs was once apples top smartphone too, its an outdated product (which has proven itself during its time) and not a low end junk phone, when apple starts making "NEW" giveaway phones in various shapes and sizes then ill debate you on popularity.. is that better?

The funny thing here is all I have said was that I feel people buy android crap phones because they are cheap not because they prefer them to IOS, that is my opinion which I never stated as fact, your only rebuttle is that you disagree and I should prove my claim.

You seem offended by the fact that I believe poor people pick up low end Android phones out of necessity or ignorance and not because they prefer the platform to IOS. I think you are taking this way too personally and should go back to your argument of android retention stemming from low end smartphones, which was a far more compelling argument.

• Reply 164 of 171
    larryalarrya Posts: 606member
    e_veritas wrote: »
    I really hope your not an English teacher over there in Australia....

You're
  • Reply 165 of 171
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    xrcx wrote: »
    I think you have me confused with someone else, I never said "we all" in any of my posts, the 3gs was once apples top smartphone too, its an outdated product (which has proven itself during its time) and not a low end junk phone, when apple starts making "NEW" giveaway phones in various shapes and sizes then ill debate you on popularity.. is that better?

The funny thing here is all I have said was that I feel people buy android crap phones because they are cheap not because they prefer them to IOS, that is my opinion which I never stated as fact, your only rebuttle is that you disagree and I should prove my claim.

You seem offended by the fact that I believe poor people pick up low end Android phones out of necessity or ignorance and not because they prefer the platform to IOS. I think you are taking this way too personally and should go back to your argument of android retention stemming from low end smartphones, which was a far more compelling argument.

Yes you are correct, I mistook you for mrcs, apologies. I didn't say the 3GS was junk, just at it's current price it is meant for the lower end market. And trust me I know plenty of so called poor people and many of them have iPhones and Android retention is 70% while the iPhone retention is 80%. Not as far off as you imagine.
  • Reply 166 of 171

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

And with it comes an entirely new family of trolls who will do nothing but copy and paste the same arguments that Samsung trolls copied and pasted. 

TEKSTUD / Zither / ConradJoe / JerrySwitched won't stay down.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shidell View Post

Death to HTC! Death to Samsung! Death to Microsoft! Death to RIM!

/Fitting right in here.

Not fooling anyone.

• Reply 167 of 171
    majjomajjo Posts: 574member
    Aren't the HTC infringements more operational than aesthetic?

Apple will have a hard time design-wise against HTC. HTC has been doing the large-screen monolithic phone for a long time:

2004:
    htc_himalaya.jpg

2005:
    verizon_xv6700.jpg

2006:
    imate-jamin.jpg

2007:
    htc_touch_front-right2.jpg

2008:
    htc-dream.jpg

2009:
    CreativeTools.se_-_PackshotCreator_-_HTC_Hero_Android.jpg

2010:
    HTC-Desire-silver-Android.jpg

2011:
    sensation.jpg

2012:
    slide-1-white.png

Unlike Samsung, Apple is going to have a hard time arguing that they copied the iphone design, which is probably why all they can get against HTC are utility patents.
  • Reply 168 of 171

Quote:

Originally Posted by LarryA View Post

You're

Touché

• Reply 169 of 171

Quote:

Originally Posted by majjo View Post

Apple will have a hard time design-wise against HTC. HTC has been doing the large-screen monolithic phone for a long time:

Wasn't HTC a Foxxcon of its time; the contract manufacturer to go?

Anyone remember how it got a big break and become the first proper Android handset band for the U.S. market?

• Reply 170 of 171

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

TEKSTUD / Zither / ConradJoe / JerrySwitched won't stay down.

They are necessary to keep page views up and money rolling in. No, they must not die if AI is to stay open.

Perhaps MacRumour allow that amount of trolling because it is so starve for cash, so anything is allowed to keep the traffic?

• Reply 171 of 171

Quote:

Yes you are correct, I mistook you for mrcs, apologies. I didn't say the 3GS was junk, just at it's current price it is meant for the lower end market. And trust me I know plenty of so called poor people and many of them have iPhones and Android retention is 70% while the iPhone retention is 80%. Not as far off as you imagine.

Because used iPhone market grow up and take care of their needs no? Used 3GS can be had for the price of entry-level Android handset now.