Apple seeks preliminary injunction against Samsung devices in post-trial motion

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 59
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

Quote:

Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

This begs the question regarding retailers who have been rumored to steer customers away from the iPhone and toward Android/Samsung. There were reports of AT&T sales people doing this. I wonder what the big boys at AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, Best Buy are thinking now. Do they continue the pattern with the possibility that these products will be banned and retuned by angry customers? Or do they let the customer decide what product they want based on unbiased information? Time will tell.

Where are consumers going to find unbiased information in those stores? 

• Reply 42 of 59
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

Quote:

What are you talking about? We already have this situation. You choose iOS and an iPhone or you choose a blatant copy of it. That's your choice today. What we want is true choice, not picking the real McCoy or a cheaper knock-off. There is a choice between iOS and Windows 8. At least Microsoft tried.

Since they are still allowed to make a phone with rounded rectangles, which is a natural shape evolution, especially, if you are making a touch phone, which is another natural evolution. The latter design, primarily to addresses the disadvantage of a physical keyboard in that it is language specific. With touch screen phones, a single hardware model can be modified in software to support many languages.

So if all of that is just natural evolution of the industry then that only leaves Android as the single reason that these phones look and behave so much alike, and also that their phones are marketed as ' just as good as an iPhone'. Android is the infringer not the rectangles.

Everyone is cheering for Apple going thermonuclear, except if this was Steve's thermonuclear, then they launched it at the wrong target. This was just a shot across the bow. The infringing thing won't stop unless Android is forced to stop copying iOS and that lawsuit will be painful to watch. Two of the top US companies going to court is bound to get ugly.

That will be thermonuclear, and there are never any winners in thermonuclear war.

• Reply 43 of 59

"should not be viewed as a win for Apple, but as a loss for the American consumer."

Samscum is just butt hurt and pissed off that the jury saw them for the liars they really are, I hope they loose there appeals which are surely coming.   What a dishonest company.  The evidence was overwhelming and they got what they deserved.  In fact they got off lenient.

• Reply 44 of 59

Samsung will win an appeal because we discovered the ultimate proof for apple's use of prior art. Go Samsung, go for gold! ++ #Boycottapple!!!

• Reply 45 of 59
    xrcxxrcx Posts: 117member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Platanas View Post

Samsung will win an appeal because we discovered the ultimate proof for apple's use of prior art. Go Samsung, go for gold! ++ #Boycottapple!!!

Fiction can be fun

• Reply 46 of 59
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamewing View Post

And so you want a future where the only choice is iOS?

An impossible situation. 

• Reply 47 of 59

Quote:

What are you talking about? We already have this situation. You choose iOS and an iPhone or you choose a blatant copy of it. That's your choice today. What we want is true choice, not picking the real McCoy or a cheaper knock-off. There is a choice between iOS and Windows 8. At least Microsoft tried.

Android is just a cheap knockoff and blatant copy? I'm all for cheering Apple's win over Samsung for demonstrable similarities designed to fool consumers, but Android as a whole has been moving away from iOS. As far as I am concerned Ice Cream Sandwich has about as much in common with iOS as windows 7 has with Lion.

iOS will never wipe android out, nor does it have to. Each successive generation separates the two platforms further, and much like osx, iOS will form a niche for itself and comfortably stay there.

• Reply 48 of 59

Apple had win the case now! But we can't just say that samsung is the not good product. Alright, they have fault yet they must have something nice and should not be blame of. Each product has a different feature. It is just how useful it is for the user.

• Reply 49 of 59

Quote:

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Apple does have every intention of dominating the market. That does not mean that they expect to remove all competition. In fact, history suggests that Apple has no problem with competition. They just have a problem when the competition steals their IP rather than coming up with something new.

But feel free to provide evidence to back your claim. After all, you claim that "anyone with half a brain" can see it so the evidence must be there, right? Or maybe you mean it literally - people who come up with these anti-Apple conspiracy theories only have half a brain. Yep, that must be it.

Completely unrelated issue. The fact that you're unable to distinguish between the situations suggests that you're not interested in serious discussion, anyway.

No. Apple doesn't want competition, but they need it or they become a monopoly. History suggests? History shows that Apple had no choice but accept competition. There is a difference.

• Reply 50 of 59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

In case you didn't see my other post, take a break. The more you trip over your own legs like this, the worse your "arguments" (never had any to begin with) will become until you've lost all credibility even among your Android peers.

Come back with some fresh material after the iPhone launch.

And by fresh I don't mean, "LOOKS THE SAME APPLE IS DOOMED SAME PHONE FOR THREE YEARS OLOLOLO", of course.

You are just a freakin' idiot. I am NOT an Android or Apple lover or hater. I think both should exist (along with Windows Phone OS - and MeeGo if it could have survived) in the market. Apple simply wants to remove all competition from the market. They may want a smidgen of competition, but that would be only to avoid being labeled a monopoly. Not different than MS in the 1990s. By the way...I have never made the "Apple is doomed" BS statement..so don't put words in my mouth.

• Reply 51 of 59
    muppetrymuppetry Posts: 3,331member
    lamewing wrote: »
    jragosta wrote: »
    Apple does have every intention of dominating the market. That does not mean that they expect to remove all competition. In fact, history suggests that Apple has no problem with competition. They just have a problem when the competition steals their IP rather than coming up with something new.

But feel free to provide evidence to back your claim. After all, you claim that "anyone with half a brain" can see it so the evidence must be there, right? Or maybe you mean it literally - people who come up with these anti-Apple conspiracy theories only have half a brain. Yep, that must be it.

Completely unrelated issue. The fact that you're unable to distinguish between the situations suggests that you're not interested in serious discussion, anyway.
    No. Apple doesn't want competition, but they need it or they become a monopoly. History suggests? History shows that Apple had no choice but accept competition. There is a difference.

From what evidence do you conclude that Apple doesn't want competition?
  • Reply 52 of 59

Apple simply wants to remove all competition from the market.

Unless you have any actual proof of this, is there a reason to keep saying it?

• Reply 53 of 59

Quote:

Your screen name fits, you do post lots of "lame" things.  What history, please explain.  You keep posting slippery slope BS. 

• Reply 54 of 59

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

I think we're arguing over a moot point here. Every company would prefer there be no competition, Apple is no different in this regard. They make great products, but ultimately their reason for existence as a company is to make a profit. This is not necessarily a bad thing mind you, just a reality.

• Reply 55 of 59
    muppetrymuppetry Posts: 3,331member

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuckVader View Post

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

I think we're arguing over a moot point here. Every company would prefer there be no competition, Apple is no different in this regard. They make great products, but ultimately their reason for existence as a company is to make a profit. This is not necessarily a bad thing mind you, just a reality.

It's not entirely moot - the other poster is clearly asserting that Apple is worse than other companies in this respect, based presumably on the usual flawed argument that Apple's attempts to protect its IP are actually part of some Machiavellian scheme to destroy all competition. 

• Reply 56 of 59

Quote:

When you have to go in business... They already welcome competition

• Reply 57 of 59

Quote:

Competition is everywhere and consumers are likely get the benefit. Consumers are happy with the product then the company gets profit. This is a give and take economy.

• Reply 58 of 59

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatusmiles View Post

Competition is everywhere and consumers are likely get the benefit. Consumers are happy with the product then the company gets profit. This is a give and take economy.

I don't understand what you're trying to get across here. My point was that Apple, like any other company benefits from the removal of their competition, and as such will strive to make it happen. Blaming them for acting rationally in their own interest is retarded.

• Reply 59 of 59

Quote:

I don't understand what you're trying to get across here. My point was that Apple, like any other company benefits from the removal of their competition, and as such will strive to make it happen. Blaming them for acting rationally in their own interest is retarded.

Competition made innovation. I don't think Apple is after removing competition. They are just making advertisement and using trials and slamming other product is the best way to get the headline.