Apple adds Samsung's flagship Galaxy S III, Galaxy Note to amended 'Galaxy Nexus' complaint

Comments

• Reply 81 of 369
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac512 View Post

So am I.

It's ok Apple, you kicked their ass, fine. Now back to work, don't waste your time and money anymore in court. Improve your products and OS and make what you are known for: research, invent and develop.

Why?

Has Samsung run out of ideas already.

btw, the overturning of a decision that would have cost Apple $650 million in an East Texas lawsuit and now being awarded over $1 Billion dollars in their last case, with the possibility of triple damages still to come, is hardly a waste of time or money.

• Reply 82 of 369

Pretty soon Apple is just gonna sue phones as know it.

• Reply 83 of 369
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

If this post isn't worthy of an instant ban, don't know what the hell on the internet is. Everyone needs to click the report button on that one. 

Oh wait, someone will come in to tell me he's just 'expressing an alternate opinion' and should be 'welcomed'. 

He's challenging your opinion. (>_<)

Actually, posters like this could be quite easily weeded out during the sign-up process if AppleInsider were to include a short IQ test.

• Reply 84 of 369
    hill60 wrote: »
    Why?

Has Samsung run out of ideas already.

Ok, I actually laughed out loud at that one!
  • Reply 85 of 369

Apple's patent are way too much generic. Windows Phone, Blackberry and Symbian infringe some of them. All touch screens infringe some of them.

• Reply 86 of 369

of course is because of hw, they are demanded that all phones with rounded corners are Apple's patented. I believe the Nokia 6600 is rounded too.

• Reply 87 of 369

Oh come on, Apple. Just let it rest now, already. I'm getting a bit tired of this all.

• Reply 88 of 369
    The US patent system is really broken and ridiculous !
    I'm really happy to live in a country which won't accept such idiot patent.

Soon, there will be only one smartphone in the US .... Good for choice and liberty ! :-/

Apple didn't invent all these things !
    My iPhone 4 will stay my last Apple smartphone. I'll go back to Nexus !
  • Reply 89 of 369
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bengt77 View Post

Oh come on, Apple. Just let it rest now, already. I'm getting a bit tired of this all.

Guess what poor little, hard done by Samsung has come up with now.

Not satisfied with their domination of the handset market, taking out established players like Nokia, RIM, SonyEricsson, Motorola, HTC on their relentless climb to world domination riding on the coattails of Apple's success, they have suddenly become the new kid on the block by branching into supplying network equipment.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-04-01/samsung-aims-to-be-among-top-3-phone-network-equipment-makers-on-4g-demand.html

http://www.zdnet.com/au/telstra-trialling-samsung-4g-network-equipment-7000003532/

I wonder if they'll be accused of installing back doors like Huawei, who I guess will be further deprived of a revenue stream to pay for development of Android handsets.

Samsung wants people to have choices, you'll be able to choose any Galaxy you want.

• Reply 90 of 369

Quote:

Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Guess what poor little, hard done by Samsung has come up with now.

Not satisfied with their domination of the handset market, taking out established players like Nokia, RIM, SonyEricsson, Motorola, HTC on their relentless climb to world domination riding on the coattails of Apple's success, they have suddenly become the new kid on the block by branching into supplying network equipment.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-04-01/samsung-aims-to-be-among-top-3-phone-network-equipment-makers-on-4g-demand.html

http://www.zdnet.com/au/telstra-trialling-samsung-4g-network-equipment-7000003532/

I wonder if they'll be accused of installing back doors like Huawei, who I guess will be further deprived of a revenue stream to pay for development of Android handsets.

Samsung wants people to have choices, you'll be able to choose any Galaxy you want.

As Apple wants people to have choices, it is actually depends on the people what kind of phone they want for themselves.

• Reply 91 of 369

As Apple wants people to have choices, it is actually depends on the people what kind of phone they want for themselves.

• Reply 92 of 369

And this is the European Answer:

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsung-Galaxy-S-III-wins-EISAs-Best-Mobile-Phone-2012-2013-award_id33362

The European Imaging and Sound Association, EISA, has crowned theSamsung Galaxy S III as the European Mobile Phone of 2012-2013 in its annual awards. The association sees the special features like S-Voice, Smart Stay and Direct Call, as well as the device's powerful hardware, as a powerful combination worthy of winning this prestigious award.

The other handset which has taken part in this gala-ceremony is the HTC One S. HTC's device has won the European Social Media Phone 2012-2013 award. Among the key features that have impressed the jury are the 'micro arc oxidation' technology used to treat the aluminum casing of the phone, AMOLED screen and 8MP camera.

Nokia's PureView Pro technology introduced with the 808 PureView was also recognized as the European Mobile Photo Achievement 2012-2013. A well-deserved award, we would say.

Do you, guys and gals, agree with these awards? Would you put some other handset/technology instead of those chosen by EISA?

source: EISA via SamMobile

• Reply 93 of 369

Reading some of these replies, I fill like we have the ignorance of Fox News people reading here, cheering on Apple as if it were the GOP, and demonizing Google as if it were Obama.

• Reply 94 of 369

Quote:

Originally Posted by evilmushroom View Post

Reading some of these replies, I fill like we have the ignorance of Fox News people reading here, cheering on Apple as if it were the GOP, and demonizing Google as if it were Obama.

too political?

• Reply 95 of 369

get a life!

• Reply 96 of 369

Quote:

Originally Posted by geoadm View Post

1B may seem like a lot of money for Apple to win but the snail pace of court system means devices get banned just in time for Samsung to release another infringing device. 

Make an example of Samsung, while discouraging others. Other would-be infringers are thinking twice now. 

• Reply 97 of 369

Ha ha lol what you posted is one of the concepts that samsung submitted at trial (1994 Fidler tablet concept) as prior art along with the 2001 a space odyssey tablet neither of which ever were a reality and the one in this article was created completely in a video and never was real not even a working prototype.  The Court threw out both of these as invalid arguments.  You should really follow the case more closely.  

I used a prada as well and I can tell you it was nothing like an iPhone at all.  It was super basic and had no Smart Phone functions.  It looked nothing like the iPhone 1.  and comparing a digital photo frame to an iPad is seriously flawed.  Also on the count of the original galaxy tab it was found not to infringe on the design patent by the jury.  All of these examples were brought up by samsung in court and were shot down.  Get some new arguments other than samsungs regurgitation that apple is trying to patent rounded corners and rectangles.

Just as an edit too the prada was introduced December 12, 2006, LG's official announcement was January 18, 2007.  The iPhone was officially announced on January 9, 2007 by Steve Jobs himself.  The video you show says that apple ripped off the prada.  Wow really that argument is ludicrous.  So apple designed and showed off the iPhone working version in 1 month?  They copied the prada in one month?  No the reality is that the iphone had been in development for years and just happened to coincide with the prada coming out from LG.  Also technically the iphone was officially introduced first.  Both phones went on sale within 1 month of each other.  The court found the prada argument very weak and threw it out.   The prada had super limited functionality as well.

Apple had working prototypes of the iphone  dubbed "Purple" which was dated August 2005, and the "Howarth" design from March 2006.  Also LG backed off there  accusations of infringment and never spoke another word about it because they too realized that both phones had been in design for years and both were designed apart from each other.  The only thing they had in common was they both used a capacitive touch screen.  The prada ran flash ui for its operating system.  The iphone apples own os which later was named iOS.  Oh and by the way cisco and apple settled there name problem with iOS as well.  Out of court, Apple approached cisco several times to license the iphone trademark, which cisco bought and used for voice over ip phones.  Both companies came to an amicable agreement over licensing and the issue was dropped.

• Reply 98 of 369

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bengt77 View Post

Now imagine how tired you'd be if any of this actually affected you.

• Reply 99 of 369
    daharder wrote: »

LL

Anyway... It's going to be quite interesting WHEN Apple's little sue-rage gets to the higher courts and these nonsensical 'patents' are invalidated.

DuhHarder, these patents won't get invalidated. If these were invalid patents, google would never have purchased Motorola as leverage.
  • Reply 100 of 369

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac512 View Post

So am I.

It's ok Apple, you kicked their ass, fine. Now back to work, don't waste your time and money anymore in court. Improve your products and OS and make what you are known for: research, invent and develop.

Unless, of course, Apple cannot ship the order they planned to introduced this September and have to buy more time.

Sharp claimed it can make whatever Samsung used to supply Apple with, but now we know it cannot and don't have enough money to keep the light on. Hon Hai also tried to head for the hills after it looked through Sharp's book. Sharp won't handed over the specs and IP, and Hon Hai cannot start production for Apple without it.

It is true after all, Apple is getting so big that it has a lot less choices for suppliers now. Cook does not have time to rebuild the intricate supply and logisitic Apple has with Samsung. The longer it takes, more customers will wander off the camp, never to return.

So what to do? Stall Samsung as long as it possiblity can. Stop the bleeding, keep Apple customers in the tent and not wandering off until the screen and whatever supply issues it has are sorted out.

Dye-in-the-wool Apple fans will reject my idea, Apple is too reliable and too trusting for them. But so was Bernie Madoff...