Apple adds Samsung's flagship Galaxy S III, Galaxy Note to amended 'Galaxy Nexus' complaint

Comments

• Reply 101 of 369

"Keep hitting them hard Apple! I've always wished for this to go thermonuclear! Apple shouldn't rest for a single moment! Keep them lawyers working 24-7-365, as there are plenty of copycats and rotten thieves out there left to sue.

And meanwhile, the propagandists will be hard at work, talking some nonsense about how this is bad for the consumer, some crap about having less options. Buying a stolen ripoff should not be an option, unless you are a slimy character who does not believe in IP rights. I say screw those kinds of consumers! 

And here's a special message for all Fandroids out there, I hope that the phone or tablet that you just bought ends up getting banned. You deserve it. Either way, your phone will be obsolete pretty soon, ban or no ban.lol.gif"

@ Apple ][ You're just pathetic!

• Reply 102 of 369

This is getting really boring. The best way for the usa would be to simply ban any phone corp but apple inside U.S. market. Case solved.

• Reply 103 of 369
    herbapouherbapou Posts: 2,228member

I dont like it at all.  A lot of people love the samsung phones, a ban of samsung flagship phones is going to backfire in Apple face and may result in a world wide boycott of Apple products on top of giving Apple a very bad public image. It will also trigger anti-trust lawsuits.  Apple got there win in the US, they should try to settle with google directly and be done with this.

• Reply 104 of 369
    herbapou wrote: »
    I dont like it at all.  A lot of people love the samsung phones, a ban of samsung flagship phones is going to backfire in Apple face and may result in a world wide boycott of Apple products on top of giving Apple a very bad public image. It will also trigger anti-trust lawsuits.  Apple got there win in the US, they should try to settle with google directly and be done with this.

Interviewer: "Imagine if you find yourself in a building which caught fire and you are on the 11th floor? Will you try to save others? Will you take elevator to escape or by stairs?"

"I'll stop my imagination": said the interviewee
  • Reply 105 of 369

Quote:

Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

It looks roughly around the same 300 mS lag that affects music creation software.

Before you were entertaining. Now you are just wrong. The issue with the low level drivers had nothing to do with your perceived screen lag. The devices themselves aren't slow. It's the lack of low level access to hardware.

• Reply 105 of 369

@cutykamu

Can you translate Cantonese or Mandarin blogs, gaugaing their opinions on this Apple lawsuits over there, and post a couple of them on AI while you are there? Hong Kong, Singapore, Mainland or whatever.

• Reply 107 of 369
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member

Hypothetically speaking, If all the smartphone makers stopped making smartphones, citing Apple's litigiousness, that would leave Apple with a monopoly.  Would it then be Apple vs US government?

• Reply 108 of 369

Quote:

Originally Posted by herbapou View Post

And who goads Apple board to keep at this, and why? I am confused sometimes who does what on Apple Board and how the decision was made after Jobs.

• Reply 109 of 369

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnocbui View Post

Hypothetically speaking, If all the smartphone makers stopped making smartphones, citing Apple's litigiousness, that would leave Apple with a monopoly.  Would it then be Apple vs US government?

Yes.

Microsoft got that when Netscape died if I remember it right.

• Reply 110 of 369
    xgmanxgman Posts: 159member
    Well this just helped me to finally decide to ditch the iPhone and get the galaxy s3. Apple is a big bully and I don't want to support this sort of thing.
  • Reply 111 of 369

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairthrope View Post

Yes.

Microsoft got that when Netscape died if I remember it right.

Hmm, why are you so sure?

From Bloomberg

Quote:

It’s not even enough to argue that a company with a monopoly is using its position unfairly. It has to be proven that consumers or the marketplace as a whole are being harmed by that behavior, either through higher prices, reduced choice, or both.

• Reply 112 of 369

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bilbo63 View Post

#next_pages_container { width: 5px; hight: 5px; position: absolute; top: -100px; left: -100px; z-index: 2147483647 !important; }

Search maybe. Universal Search no.

I am an Apple guy, and I support any company's decision to protect their designs and IP. That said, I am getting awfully tired of this. Ugh.

#next_pages_container { width: 5px; hight: 5px; position: absolute; top: -100px; left: -100px; z-index: 2147483647 !important; }

Statements like this amuse me. "I'm an Apple fan, but they are wrong about this." What an unbiased person. But let's leave that alone for now.  Apple has a fiduciary responsibility to do what's in the best interested for the company. Apple doesn't and shouldn't care if you are "tired" of this. It would be like you having a financial planner following your instructions to liquidate all of your money a known ponzi scheme.

Apple has to send a clear message to these other companies that it is not acceptable to let Apple spend years and millions(perhaps billions) of dollars or R&D and, frankly, taking all the risk, merely for other companies to fast follow. I suspect Apple has other tech coming and wants to stop this today.

Personally, I don't see how, Apple guy or not, you could be tired of this. You don't have to read the articles or follow this. Apple's pace of development hasn't slowed down. In fact, if the iPad mini stories are true, it has increased. It doesn't directly affect you, so what's the big deal? 

In addition, I don't see how any one who actually creates something could be against anyone protecting their IP. I write software and as a developer, this would annoy me. As a musician if they would like it if another band started playing their music, a painter if their art was copied by other artist.  Producers care about such things as it directly affects their livelihoods. Consumers not so much.

• Reply 113 of 369

Quote:

Originally Posted by mocseg View Post

Hmm, why are you so sure?

It's just how government behaves. The wild card for Apple would be that this is an election year. Neither Romney nor Obama will want to get on Samsung's side and appear to be against the interest of an American company. So Apple vs. Samsung, along with Fiscal Cliff, may have to wait after the Inauguration.

Still, anyone remembered what triggered Department of Justice to attack, convinced them that 'Gosh, Microsoft is really going for it'?

• Reply 114 of 369
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member

You do have to be a bit careful when making claims about competing devices, you might not get the reaction you expect.

• Reply 115 of 369

it says on wiki that android 1st developed 2005 and the 1st iphone came out in 2007

so looks like apple was the theives .

quotes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPhone

The first iPhone was unveiled by Steve Jobs, late CEO of Apple, on January 9, 2007,[1] and released on June 29, 2007

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_(operating_system)

Google financially backed the initial developer of the software, Android Inc., and later purchased it in 2005.[8] The unveiling of the Android distribution in 2007 was announced with the founding of the Open Handset Alliance

ive had all the iphones and about 5 android phones ,and id rather have the freedom i have with my samsung galaxy s3 than be forced by apple how to have my phone any day .

i rest my case .

• Reply 116 of 369

Originally Posted by vitaminjayz View Post

it says on wiki that android 1st developed 2005 and the 1st iphone came out in 2007

so looks like apple was the theives .

i rest my case .

*Gavel bang*

Guilty. Of refusal to actually read anything.

Originally Posted by cnocbui View Post

You do have to be a bit careful when making claims about competing devices, you might not get the reaction you expect.

I realize this is fake, but that's certainly the best way to advertise… lie about what Apple said.

• Reply 117 of 369

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuJu View Post

At least you are being honest.

It is not about patents or some other shjte... it is about protectionism, and even more so, about teaching those Asians who dare to outcompete white Americans a lesson!

Similar, that vile xenophobe Velvin Hogan was surprisingly honest in his interviews -- twice that worthless old fukk said in an angry voice (senile anger?) "in this country" and he was clear that it never was about economic damages but about teaching Korea a lesson.  

Protectionism? Outcompete? Those words don't apply here. Protecting intellectual property isn't protectionism. Shoveling cheep knockoff products onto the market isn't competing, it's flooding the market with counterfeits. (And, even though you didn't mention it, releasing cheap knockoffs of other people's technology isn't innovation.)

However, there are a number of similarities between Apple v. Samsung and Dupont v Kolon:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DuPont_v._Kolon_Industries

So, let's throw "political correctness" on the rubbish heap and get right to the point. Economically successful Asian countries are so because they have adopted (and to be fair, in many cases refined) a number of practices that originated in the West. In fact, our entire modern world is founded on scientific and economic advances that wouldn't have been possible without the advances in thought and culture brought about by what we now call Western Civilization. (Which is not to say that they would never have existed otherwise, just that they were necessary to get to where we are today, and that it was, specifically, the West where these changes came about.) Which is not to say that their is nothing of value in Asian culture, the facts are quite to the contrary, but modern science, technology and economic systems, which define the modern world, are Western inventions, inventions of a game that everyone is invited to play.

And it's a game that works beautifully as long as everyone plays by the rules. The problem with games, however, is that, if you don't get caught and penalized, cheating will usually allow you to do better than those who stick to the rules. We have our own problem in the West with cheaters, cheating is nothing new in this game. (Google is one of the most egregious cheaters in modern times.) But, it's an undeniable fact that cheating is rampant in many Asian countries, particularly in the practice on not respecting rules that apply to intellectual property. You can rail on that these accusations are evidence of bias, prejudice, whatever you want to call it, but the facts very simply are that intellectual property theft (among other offenses, such as currency manipulation as practiced, for example by China) is commonplace in many Asian countries. In other words, Asia is cheating in the game.

South Korea, however, is a special case. South Korea wouldn't even exist today were it not for Western intervention. South Korea wouldn't even exist today if it weren't propped up by U.S. taxpayer dollars for the past 60 years. So, perhaps you can understand that South Korean intellectual property piracy, at the expense of U.S. companies, is particularly offensive to anyone in the U.S. who isn't attempting to keep up a pretense that everyone is equally good. It's a slap in the face to U.S. taxpayers, whose money built South Korea, to watch South Korean companies steal from us. It's a betrayal from a people who would be working in labor camps if we hadn't saved their asses and poured billions of dollars into their economy over the years.

So, yes, South Korea, and in particular South Korean companies like Samsung and Kolon, do need to be taught a lesson. The lesson that you don't bite the hand that feeds you. The lesson that cheating won't be allowed at our expense when you are feeding at the trough of U.S. taxpayer dollars and our military is defending your borders, and our soldiers have died for your freedom.

If South Korean companies actually had any honor, rather than just maintaining a facade of honor hiding a complete lack of morals, there wouldn't be these issues. You can be as angry as you damn please that South Korean companies are being called out for cheating, for stabbing U.S. companies in particular in the back, but only denying the truth of the situation, turning your back completely on any real honor, engaging in rank hypocrisy, will allow you to pretend to be the injured party in this affair. So, rant on, if you like, but you won't find many sympathetic ears in the U.S., just a lot of entirely justifiable anger.

• Reply 118 of 369
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    *Gavel bang*

Guilty. Of refusal to actually read anything.

I can't believe someone who can sign up and post on an internet forum can so void of thinking rationally to believe the crap he wrote so I have to conclude that he must be trolling. I don't understand why such people just aren't banned for trolling from the start.
  • Reply 119 of 369

reading abit more into the history of android looks like the company was founded in 2003 then brought by google in 2005 .

Android, Inc. was founded in Palo Alto, California, United States in October 2003 by Andy Rubin (co-founder of Danger)

Google acquired Android Inc. on August 17, 2005, making Android Inc. a wholly owned subsidiary of Google

so i would of thought patents would have been setup between those dates ,way before apple started the iphone .

to be honest i dont think samsung is all to blame its the licencing office and patent offices should have said this cant be done as apple own these and also , if apple do own the tech/os before sammy then google have alot to anwser for.

• Reply 119 of 369
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    Statements like this amuse me. "I'm an Apple fan, but they are wrong about this." What an unbiased person. But let's leave that alone for now.  Apple has a fiduciary responsibility to do what's in the best interested for the company. Apple doesn't and shouldn't care if you are "tired" of this. It would be like you having a financial planner following your instructions to liquidate all of your money a known ponzi scheme.

Apple has to send a clear message to these other companies that it is not acceptable to let Apple spend years and millions(perhaps billions) of dollars or R&D and, frankly, taking all the risk, merely for other companies to fast follow. I suspect Apple has other tech coming and wants to stop this today.

Personally, I don't see how, Apple guy or not, you could be tired of this. You don't have to read the articles or follow this. Apple's pace of development hasn't slowed down. In fact, if the iPad mini stories are true, it has increased. It doesn't directly affect you, so what's the big deal? 

In addition, I don't see how any one who actually creates something could be against anyone protecting their IP. I write software and as a developer, this would annoy me. As a musician if they would like it if another band started playing their music, a painter if their art was copied by other artist.  Producers care about such things as it directly affects their livelihoods. Consumers not so much.

But artists do copy, or we wouldn't have genres or a definable art forms.