Apple releases quick fix for next-gen MacBook Pro trackpad issues

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Apple on Tuesday released the first software update for the Retina Display MacBook Pro to fix possible trackpad input issues a little over 24 hours after the new machine was debuted on Monday.

MacBook Pro (Retina) Trackpad Update 1.0 addresses an issue where the next generation notebook's "trackpad may not respond consistently to user input," according to Apple's Support Page.

The update comes only a day after Apple's chief of marketing Phil Schiller unveiled the hotly-anticipated device onstage at WWDC 2012.

While shipments of the Retina Display-sporting 15-inch MacBook Pro have slipped to two to three weeks, some early adopters have already gotten their hands on the first units sold. The number of affected machines is unknown and the issue itself has so far gone largely unreported.

Trackpad Update

The 1.26MB update can be downloaded through Software Update or Apple's Support Page and is only applicable to users of the new Retina Display MacBook Pro.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    daharderdaharder Posts: 1,580member
    Nice.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member

You know what else they need to fix?

That mouse.

Seriously!

Ugliest.

Communication Device.

Keynote.

Ever.

Revealed.

Ugliest Mouse Ever.png

• Reply 3 of 8
    akf2000akf2000 Posts: 223member

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTR View Post

You know what else they need to fix?

That mouse.

Seriously!

Ugliest.

Communication Device.

Keynote.

Ever.

Revealed.

hahahahaha good one man!

• Reply 4 of 8

I have a MBP Retina with Mountain Lion and I CANNOT install this trackpad update...

Any suggestions on how to install it???

Many Thanks

• Reply 5 of 8
    mvial wrote: »
    I have a MBP Retina with Mountain Lion and I CANNOT install this trackpad update...

Any suggestions on how to install it???

Many Thanks

When did you buy it. If it was after June then perhaps you aren't seeing it in your updates because it is already installed
  • Reply 6 of 8

That's my point... I bought it in mid August and immediately installed Mountain Lion (via download).

Despite the purchasing date the trackpad problem is here as well. And I cannot download-and-install it: system says "I don't need this software".

Trust me, I DO need it!!! :-\

• Reply 7 of 8

Originally Posted by MVial View Post

That's my point... I bought it in mid August and immediately installed Mountain Lion (via download).

So then it was already installed on Snow Leopard.

And I cannot download-and-install it: system says "I don't need this software".

Which means it's installed.

• Reply 8 of 8
    This update does not work with Mountain Lion. Track pad continues to present malfunction... That's VERY irritating.