New video shows realistic mockup of fully-assembled iPhone 5 at IFA 2012

Comments

• Reply 81 of 159
    I am not trolling. I did not agree with that. Do you have a source for the "extra antenna" and other changes?

On post #76 you said: "Nope. And it had a different antenna design because it's CDMA+GSM.".

On post #78 you contradicted yourself with: "Aside from the fact that no changes were made to the hardware and the problem still went away, of course it happened.".

Make up your mind already! Did the hardware change or did it not? ;)

Regarding a source, yes, of course I have a source, I make it a point not to spit out embarrassing bullshit like you do!

I don't get it. You raised a concern about compatibility. I offered up two solutions for this problem. You call that moot. How?

You did not offer any solutions at all, you suggested that I either stick to an old device (which is irrelevant since that was the original point of the discussion) or that I should adapt to the changes (which I refuted by stating more than once that adaptation was impossible since there are no alternatives to the features that will potentially be lost), so yes, your point was and is still moot.

Ooh, sounds neat. So something like this, but with HDMI? The page says HDMI, but the images don't show it. And it's not out yet, despite last month having come and gone. It looks like the simplest and cleanest solution, but absolutely there are HDMI capture devices and have been for a long time.

Yes dude, there are plenty, you just happen to be completely incapable of finding anything that's not a scam without any actual HDMI input ports, right? ;)

Give up already, you're embarrassing yourself!
  • Reply 82 of 159
    mcrsmcrs Posts: 172member

Ouch..., this favorite design of yours borrows too much from phones already made by either Apple's archenemy Samsung or Apple's secret love Sony,  a twofer special and to be aptly  named as a SamSon Phone. If the new Iphone does look like this- very highly doubtful- then it will just confirm the already widely circulated chatters that Apple is just an aggregator of other companies' design and technology, a company with very little originality of its own. We'll see, it's coming in matter of weeks from now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liski View Post

I hope the new iPhone looks something like this.

• Reply 83 of 159
    rayzrayz Posts: 814member

Quote:

The Ugly:

-------------

The sticky hardware Home button just does not go away (is this a "crisis of design" right here?)

#next_pages_container { width: 5px; hight: 5px; position: absolute; top: -100px; left: -100px; z-index: 2147483647 !important; }

If they got rid of the home button then that would be a design failure in my opinion.

You accidentally brush the soft home key and you're back to the home screen. It's the biggest problem I have with my Windows Phone. The hard button is much better.

#next_pages_container { width: 5px; hight: 5px; position: absolute; top: -100px; left: -100px; z-index: 2147483647 !important; }

• Reply 84 of 159
    mcrsmcrs Posts: 172member

This part is very easily resolved, you just hit the back button, and all will be a OK. But, my biggest problem is the Search/Bing button which got brushed/touched way too easily. Is this Microsoft trick to add the hit tally to its Bing Website? I really hate that button. I think Microsoft should just banish it altogether.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rayz View Post

If they got rid of the home button then that would be a design failure in my opinion.

You accidentally brush the soft home key and you're back to the home screen. It's the biggest problem I have with my Windows Phone. The hard button is much better.

• Reply 85 of 159

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liski View Post

I hope the new iPhone looks something like this.

Curved back? You won't be able to use while it lies on a table.

• Reply 86 of 159
    zozmanzozman Posts: 393member

Wonder if apple will release some sort of 'smart cover' for the new iPhone, to stop the butter fingers from bitching about how fragile the iPhones are.

id like to see apple do something that's more integrated into the design

• Reply 87 of 159

Quote:

Originally Posted by carmelapple View Post

I find it strange this person from Israel believes he has a world exclusive...from some cover manufacturer at a show Apple isn't attending (not that they really attend anything anymore, but...). Having been to Israel, this now makes me wonder about the quality of their tech media.

!??? ????? ??? ???? ?????? ??? ??? ???

.?????

??? ?????

• Reply 88 of 159

There is no way Apple would finish the back cover outer rim near the camera this way. Who really cares? We'll see the real thing by the end of the month.

• Reply 89 of 159
    zoetmbzoetmb Posts: 2,654member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

All of these leaks are obviously coming from somewhere, and the lousy and unreliable workers who are responsible need to be punished and fired. The overall security at Foxconn plants and other plants that are producing parts for Apple is obviously far from acceptable. They're a joke!

I've said something similar to this before, but they should do full strip searches of everybody entering and leaving the plants. No cell phones w/cameras allowed and everybody should be checked when leaving work to make sure that they don't sneak any parts out with them. They should all have to walk through x-ray machines and be subject to body searches, just like at the airport. There are moles working there and they must be eliminated. If somebody smart and capable was in charge of security, nobody on the internet would have a freaking clue as to what the next iPhone would look like.

A few ignorant people worry about the wages at Foxconn plants, even though the wages there are very good, it's far more important to worry about the security at these plants which assembles goods for Apple.

If you worked in a factory, would you accept "strip searches" every day?   Would you walk through an x-ray machine every single day and face that risky exposure?     And you say the wages are pretty good - would you work for such a wage?

Furthermore, you don't know if the leaks are coming from Foxconn.   It could be coming from one of the many suppliers who supply finished parts to Foxconn.  My understanding is that no actual manufacturing takes place at Foxconn - that Foxconn is actually just an assembly plant.     "Moles" working there?   I think your'e a bit paranoid.     Even if someone from Foxconn did steal something and released it, that doesn't make them a mole.    They'd only be a mole if they were actually also working for someone else.   

And in the end, what difference does it make?   Let's say for the moment that this video is showing a real iPhone 5.    So what?    How does it hurt Apple aside from ego?   I would make the case that it helps Apple because it builds up interest about the phone.    And I don't know why you're so protective of Apple in the first place.    If someone snuck onto a movie set and released some photos from the new Hobbit movie, would you say that every employee on the set should be strip searched every day?   

• Reply 90 of 159

Originally Posted by Vaelian View Post

On post #76 you said: "Nope. And it had a different antenna design because it's CDMA+GSM.".

On post #78 you contradicted yourself with: "Aside from the fact that no changes were made to the hardware and the problem still went away, of course it happened.".

Make up your mind already! Did the hardware change or did it not?

Please try to read in context. It helps a ton. The change was made to the iPhone 4S. Because the iPhone 4S. Has CDMA+GSM in one phone. The iPhone 4. Does not have this. And therefore the antenna was not changed. On the iPhone 4. Unless you have evidence to the contrary, the antenna on an iPhone 4 you buy today. Is identical to the antenna on an iPhone 4 on launch day. And yet the problem. went. away. After a few months. 

Could it be. Perhaps. That just maybe. The problem. Wasn't. With. The hardware.

Regarding a source, yes, of course I have a source, I make it a point not to spit out embarrassing bullshit like you do!

Ah, so you're fine with making up completely unrelated crap talking about a completely different phone and pretending it's the same phone as the phone we're discussing.

You're embarrassing yourself. 

You did not offer any solutions at all, you suggested that I either stick to an old device (which is irrelevant since that was the original point of the discussion) or that I should adapt to the changes (which I refuted by stating more than once that adaptation was impossible since there are no alternatives to the features that will potentially be lost), so yes, your point was and is still moot.

Except those are the two solutions you have. There are no other solutions while continuing to use Apple's devices. Unless, of course, they DON'T drop analog in Dock Connector 2. There is nothing irrelevant about what I said.

Yes dude, there are plenty, you just happen to be completely incapable of finding anything that's not a scam without any actual HDMI input ports, right? 

Could you possibly grow up, please? Or at least read what I'm writing? Again, I specifically addressed that. Guess who, by his own admission, is also incapable of finding one, despite needing it? You'd think you'd either be looking for this sort of thing or looking for a new phone ecosystem. I don't get what your problem is: analog stuff has been receiving hate mail from the grim reaper for about a decade now. Now he has finally got around to your house on his route and is ringing your doorbell and you're not even pretending you're not home, no sirree, you're yelling at him that pretending you're not at home isn't an option AND giving up to him isn't an option. He's laughing.

Originally Posted by jason98 View Post

Curved back? You won't be able to use while it lies on a table.

Does anyone really do that? Makes me cringe… And the iPhone 3G/S were like that.

• Reply 91 of 159
    zoetmbzoetmb Posts: 2,654member

Quote:

Originally Posted by amoradala View Post

Oh, and now I'm just shooting hoops with you guys here, not a prediction or nothing, just daydreaming . . .

I saw this video for an Omega watch.

Ceramics and Liquidmetal, materials close to Apple's heart.

Can you imagine an iPhone case made using this process, with Jony Ive's design ?

aaahh . . . (amoradala drifts off into sweet Apple dream. . . ;)

The difference is that people buy a very expensive watch and keep it for decades - it's essentially jewelry.    They buy a phone and keep it for two years, if that.      So it's not necessary to have dials that last forever in a phone.     And Apple, being the mass market producer that it now is, builds the phone for the lowest cost possible.     Those high-end watch manufacturers probably don't care all that much about the manufacturing cost because what you're really paying for when you purchase such a watch is image and the sales price is probably 100x the manufacturing cost. 

If Apple had never gone to the subsidized phone model and still sold phones for $700 and up, it might have been closer to the watch model.    But they didn't.     It's not esoteric in any way, shape or form.     

• Reply 92 of 159

Could be a smoke screen, leaked / put out there to hide the 'real' new iPhone design.

Tim could pull this design out of his pocket saying "everyone say hi to the new iPhone", drop it and say "no really, THIS is the new iPhone, that one was an iPhoney" as he pulls the real one out of another pocket.

Now that would be funny. : D

• Reply 93 of 159

Originally Posted by TogetherWeStand View Post

Tim could pull this design out of his pocket saying "everyone say hi to the new iPhone", drop it…

*everyone gasps*

It starts bouncing across the stage…

*some laugh, even more don't say anything at all*

Tim: "No, that's not the real iPhone. And it's not LiquidMetal, either."

*laughter*

Fun to imagine, but it's not what's happening.

• Reply 94 of 159
    mazda 3smazda 3s Posts: 1,613member
    zoetmb wrote: »
    If you worked in a factory, would you accept "strip searches" every day?   Would you walk through an x-ray machine every single day and face that risky exposure?     And you say the wages are pretty good - would you work for such a wage?

Furthermore, you don't know if the leaks are coming from Foxconn.   It could be coming from one of the many suppliers who supply finished parts to Foxconn.  My understanding is that no actual manufacturing takes place at Foxconn - that Foxconn is actually just an assembly plant.     "Moles" working there?   I think your'e a bit paranoid.     Even if someone from Foxconn did steal something and released it, that doesn't make them a mole.    They'd only be a mole if they were actually also working for someone else.   

And in the end, what difference does it make?   Let's say for the moment that this video is showing a real iPhone 5.    So what?    How does it hurt Apple aside from ego?   I would make the case that it helps Apple because it builds up interest about the phone.    And I don't know why you're so protective of Apple in the first place.    If someone snuck onto a movie set and released some photos from the new Hobbit movie, would you say that every employee on the set should be strip searched every day?   

Agreed 1000%
  • Reply 95 of 159
    sricesrice Posts: 120member

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Srice View Post

LOL! I sure hope Samsung tries to beat-up Apple with LTE FRAND licenses.  It'll be nice to see: 1. Anti-Trust investigations against Samsung 2. Korean companies being politely asked to leave all standards bodies.

Those patents aren't FRAND, chief

"Thus far, Samsung hasn't won any injunction of that kind. It previously relied largely on standard-essential patents (SEPs), and a Korea Times report published on Friday suggests that Samsung is once again contemplating a multijurisdictional push for preliminary injunctions against a new iPhone (or iPad 4G):

"Samsung confirmed that it will immediately sue Apple if the latter releases products using advanced long-term evolution (LTE) mobile technology."

It tried this trick last year with 3G patent assertions against the iPhone 4S, with a hit rate of zero. I would strongly discourage Samsung from trying to use 4G/LTE-essential patents to shut down the iPhone 5. It won't improve Samsung's position. It will only make things worse, especially with antitrust regulators. In my view, the reasonable approach for Samsung would be to sue for FRAND royalties over its SEPs, not injunctions.

The Korea Times article cites research according to which Samsung owns the world's third-largest 4G/LTE portfolio."

http://www.fosspatents.com/2012/09/where-on-earth-could-samsung-get-iphone.html

/posted without comment, chief.

• Reply 96 of 159
    mac512 wrote: »
    ??? ?????

!???????? ???...???? ??? ?? ????
  • Reply 97 of 159
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zozman View Post

Wonder if apple will release some sort of 'smart cover' for the new iPhone, to stop the butter fingers from bitching about how fragile the iPhones are.

id like to see apple do something that's more integrated into the design

I don't know that they will do this, but I think it would be smart of Apple to make something like the "bumper" they made previously (for the older iPhone 4's and 4s'), that has a built in port adapter for the 30 pin.  That way you could buy a minimal case for your *old* iPhone that turns it into a *new* one (form-factor wise).  Protection and compatibility in one go.  They have approximately a centimetre of height to put the adapter in because the new phone is also taller.  

I'm sure someone will do this if not Apple.  

• Reply 98 of 159
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    gazoobee wrote: »
    I don't know that they will do this, but I think it would be smart of Apple to make something like the "bumper" they made previously (for the older iPhone 4's and 4s'), that has a built in port adapter for the 30 pin.  That way you could buy a minimal case for your *old* iPhone that turns it into a *new* one (form-factor wise).  Protection and compatibility in one go.  They have approximately a centimetre of height to put the adapter in because the new phone is also taller.  

I'm sure someone will do this if not Apple.  

I'm not sure that's feasible since we're talking about a case with a built in dock adapter. I do wonder how they will make an updated Bumper that allows for protection at the bottom whilst allowing for the headphone jack, mic, speaker, and both the new port design and an adapter to be used interchangeably.
  • Reply 99 of 159
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoetmb View Post

And you say the wages are pretty good - would you work for such a wage?

If I were a Chinese person with no job prospects living in China, then yeah, I'd probably be lining up outside of a Foxconn plant, with all of the other countless people who are eager to get such a job, since the pay is pretty decent and it probably beats breaking your back in some rice field. If somebody doesn't want to work for whatever reason, then they don't have to, that is their choice, bums do exist all over the world.

• Reply 100 of 159

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I'm not sure that's feasible since we're talking about a case with a built in dock adapter. I do wonder how they will make an updated Bumper that allows for protection at the bottom whilst allowing for the headphone jack, mic, speaker, and both the new port design and an adapter to be used interchangeably.

I'll bet you a Dock Connector to Dock Connector 2 adapter that any case Apple makes for the 6th iPhone won't take any such adapter into consideration whatsoever.