Apple takes issue with post-trial decision timeline, asks court to reschedule hearings

Comments

• Reply 61 of 89

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Your views are lies, period. Either willful or borne of ignorance, but lies all the same.

Yes. That's what happens when you don't bother verifying your own claims. 

• Reply 62 of 89
    edwardkim wrote: »
    My views are based my independent, objective and educated understanding of the widely known facts.

Your views are lies, period. Either willful or borne of ignorance, but lies all the same.

At the dying moment Steve Jobs had a letter from Bill Gates at his bed side whom he labeled as not an innovator. May be SJ had finally figured out that there is more to life than inventions. What do you think?
  • Reply 63 of 89

Originally Posted by edwardkim View Post

At the dying moment Steve Jobs had a letter from Bill Gates at his bed side whom he labeled as not an innovator. May be SJ had finally figured out that there is more to life then inventions. What do you think?

I think that's a perfectly valid point that has nothing to do with nor corrects in any way what you've said earlier.

• Reply 64 of 89

Quote:

At the dying moment Steve Jobs had a letter from Bill Gates at his bed side whom he labeled as not an innovator. 

Steve was incorrect. Bill Gates innovated Universal Licensing. 

Which in turn, innovated the Dark Ages of computing (Wintel.)

• Reply 65 of 89

Quote:

May be SJ had finally figured out that there is more to life then inventions. What do you think?

There was more to life than his passion? Maybe. Or, knowing what Jobs was like, maybe not. Maybe it was all about changing the world through empowering everyday people with better technological experiences. Giving yourself over fully and totally to your craft is beyond noble. 

Quote:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/books/walter-isaacsons-steve-jobs-biography-shows-apple-co-founders-genius-flaws/2011/10/23/gIQA86vaAM_story.html

Steve Jobs, staring down death, had just received a new liver. He lay in a Memphis hospital bed in 2009, floating in and out of consciousness, but he was alert enough — and acting like Steve Jobs, authoritarian design sage — that he pronounced an oxygen mask totally unacceptable. He disapproved of the design.

Jobs ordered his caretakers to bring him five options so he could choose the best one. This was not his only critique of the medical equipment. He also despised an oxygen monitor on his finger and proposed ways to revise the design for simplicity.

This attitude is the reason Apple has bitch-slapped the entire industry in consumer tech. Jobs was obsessed with design, aesthetics, and the relationship ordinary people *should* have with technology. Thus, Apple is today the Gold Standard of consumer tech. Because Jobs committed himself fully and totally to achieving it. He really did live and breathe it. 

If he maintained that attitude into his last, dying breath, I remain undisturbed. In fact, I'm encouraged. I'm encouraged to believe that that level of commitment *is* possible in consumer tech. After all, this attitude gave us the modern GUI, Macs, OS X, iPods, iPhones, iPads, and so on. All industry re-defining game-changers. Speaking as a consumer, I really can't complain. Apple spoiled us. Because Steve Jobs made that a priority. The same claim can barely be made (if at all) of other companies and products. 

• Reply 66 of 89
    xrcxxrcx Posts: 117member

Quote:

What do you think?

I think you are a troll, and not a very good one, you may also have little man's syndrome.

• Reply 67 of 89
    xrcx wrote: »
    What do you think?
    I think you are a troll, and not a very good one, you may also have little man's syndrome.

Your thoughts and choice of words perfectly match Apple's poor character.
    I would encourage you to develop generous heart to match greatness of Apple's products.
    Life is short. Therefore, bless others while you can ...
  • Reply 68 of 89

…Apple's poor character.

Come off it.

And if you feel a post breaks the rules, simply report it.

• Reply 69 of 89
    My views are based my independent, objective and educated understanding of the widely known facts.

Your comments are less than constructive and sets a bad example as a moderator, and encourages other posters to do the same.

Please, remove your not so helpful comments ...
  • Reply 70 of 89

Your comments are less than constructive…

Yours are less than truthful. Microsoft didn't "save" Apple. You could really only think that from having seen PoSV or reading something written by someone who only saw PoSV. 

Apple does not want to ban all other devices. They want to ban all devices that do not license or circumvent their IP. Any company would wish the same.

• Reply 71 of 89

edward, stop posting your ridiculous comments on AI. You are obviously a troll, and have made a fool of yourself here for days. enough already, just stop.

• Reply 72 of 89
    Your comments are less than constructive…

Yours are less than truthful. Microsoft didn't "save" Apple. You could really only think that from having seen PoSV or reading something written by someone who only saw PoSV. 

Apple does not want to ban all other devices. They want to ban all devices that do not license or circumvent their IP. Any company would wish the same.

You and I may "disagree" on the relationships between Apple and MS but, your calling me "a lier" is over top and simply not acceptable especially when you are a moderator whose primary responsibility is to facilitate discussions.

Many of your comments defends Apple's position, and that is not your primary role of a moderator. I would advise you to take natural position, and stop intimidating posters whose comments you may disagree with.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.
  • Reply 73 of 89

You and I may "disagree" on the relationships between Apple and MS but, your calling me "a lier" is over top and simply not acceptable… 

All right, and I'd agree with you, but when you spread lies when presented with the truth, there's only one other word for it. Apple saved themselves with the purchase of NeXT. The Microsoft stock payment was to clear out the "bad blood" in the industry. It ended the longstanding litigation and allowed both companies to look forward. Without the stock purchase, Apple would have done just as well, and wouldn't have had to deal with the horror that was IE.

• Reply 74 of 89
    You and I may "disagree" on the relationships between Apple and MS but, your calling me "a lier" is over top and simply not acceptable… 

All right, and I'd agree with you, but when you spread lies when presented with the truth, there's only one other word for it. Apple saved themselves with the purchase of NeXT. The Microsoft stock payment was to clear out the "bad blood" in the industry. It ended the longstanding litigation and allowed both companies to look forward. Without the stock purchase, Apple would have done just as well, and wouldn't have had to deal with the horror that was IE.

There are "many" who contributed to Apple's turnaround and subsequent success which of course include Steve Jobs, Microsoft, Bill Gates and many other individuals and companies. But, to deny and/or calling it lie for their contributions however large or small is not constructive nor helpful.

This forum is not exclusive domain of Apple Fanboys, and it should openly accomodate various opposing views as long as they are objective and constructive.

My family proudly own and use more than a dozen Apple products daily but, we "disagree" with Apple crushing its competition when everybody in the industry copies one another including Apple, Google, Microsoft, Samsung ... etc.

I am aware that you and I disagree on Apple's character, and let's "respectly" leave at that without name calling ... blessing/e.
  • Reply 75 of 89

…to deny and/or calling it lie for their contributions however large or small is not constructive nor helpful.

To pretend that a single company or figure was responsible for it is also neither constructive nor helpful.

…we "disagree" with Apple chrushing its competition when everybody in the industry copies one another including Apple, Google, Microsoft, Samsung … etc.

Do you disagree that something you own and created should be protected?

• Reply 76 of 89
    …to deny and/or calling it lie for their contributions however large or small is not constructive nor helpful.

To pretend that a single company or figure was responsible for it is also neither constructive nor helpful.
    …we "disagree" with Apple crushing its competition when everybody in the industry copies one another including Apple, Google, Microsoft, Samsung … etc.
    Do you disagree that something you own and created should be protected?

My prior comments did not claim that MS was the "only" company who saved Apple. You simply read as such.

Yes, I agree with protecting IP you created and own. But, currently, everybody in this industry copies and/or buys inventions by others, including Apple, Google, MS, Samsung ... etc. As a result, sadly, many patents were awarded improperly, everybody is suing everybody, and it is in total mess.

Thus, protection of IP could not be enforced until the present broken US Patent and legal systems are "reformed" and the existing IP are cleaned-up according to the reformed systems. It is my understanding that US Congress is looking into this matter ... cheers/e.
  • Reply 77 of 89

My prior comments did not claim that MS was the "only" company who saved Apple. You simply read as such.

That's because you simply wrote it as such.

Apple was once nearly bankrupted, and the mighty Microsoft saved Apple.

Nothing anywhere about any other companies.

Thus, protection of IP could not be enforced until the present broken US Patent and legal systems are "reformed"

Could you just stop? There's nothing wrong with the legal system. There's nothing wrong with the patent system. You've distilled every single non-argument the Anti-Apple brigade has down into one sentence and managed to still have more substance in it than everything they've said combined. You scream for "reform" but have no explanation of what that means.

So you don't want to be tried by your peers anymore? So you don't want products to have protection anymore? What does it mean? You want "reform" (ruination) in a manner that most hurts Apple and most benefits the copyists. You're like the IAU gleefully banishing Pluto from planethood while completely ignoring that your new definition also banishes four other planets. 

• Reply 78 of 89

That's because you simply wrote it as such.

Apple was once nearly bankrupted, and the mighty Microsoft saved Apple.

Nothing anywhere about any other companies.
    Thus, protection of IP could not be enforced until the present broken US Patent and legal systems are "reformed"

Could you just stop? There's nothing wrong with the legal system. There's nothing wrong with the patent system. You've distilled every single non-argument the Anti-Apple brigade has down into one sentence and managed to still have more substance in it than everything they've said combined. You scream for "reform" but have no explanation of what that means.

So you don't want to be tried by your peers anymore? So you don't want products to have protection anymore? What does it mean? You want "reform" (ruination) in a manner that most hurts Apple and most benefits the copyists. You're like the IAU gleefully banishing Pluto from planethood while completely ignoring that your new definition also banishes four other planets. 

You put words in my mouth everywhere, and I do not want to waste my time correcting you as I have better things to do.

BTW, You should stepdown as a moderator, if you want to defend Apple. You can not be an objective moderator (facilitator) while you are arguing for one and against the other(s), unless you are a perfect God.
  • Reply 79 of 89

You put words in my mouth everywhere, and I do not want to waste my time correcting you as I have better things to do. BTW, You should stepdown as a moderator, if you want to defend Apple. You can not be an objective moderator (facilitator) while you are arguing for one and against the other(s), unless you are a perfect God.

It's a pro-Apple website. Of course I can. In any case, I run spam deletion for the site and nothing more. I think I'll stay where I am. You have absolutely no actual argument and have been caught in lies. I have shown proof that you are changing your story because your original one was a falsehood. You have shown no disproof of what I have said nor proof of what you have said. All you can do in rebuttal is assault my character and my position. I think the argument is over. 

• Reply 80 of 89
    You put words in my mouth everywhere, and I do not want to waste my time correcting you as I have better things to do. BTW, You should stepdown as a moderator, if you want to defend Apple. You can not be an objective moderator (facilitator) while you are arguing for one and against the other(s), unless you are a perfect God.

It's a pro-Apple website... 

What took you so long to say that this website is for Apple fanboys only who worship Apple God mindlessly?

I belives in good character and quality of life, don't share your values, and am leaving for good ... peace/e.

PS - you should state on your "home page" in bold fonts that this website is for Apple fanboys only so that people don't post comments that you don't want to know or read ...