Samsung reportedly dropped as memory supplier for first batch of next-gen iPhones

Comments

• Reply 61 of 137

It's funny how so many have the 'kill it with fire' attitude towards Samsung, yet to me they are the only reliable ones around. Take the Retina Macbook Pro for example. For those that don't know the screen is for the most part made by LG with Samsung producing the extra to meet demand. The big problem is many many people are having major IR issues with the LG version of them - myself included. I'm on the 3rd one which finally has a Samsung screen and the screen issues are gone, same for everyone else that's reported. While screens aren't memory, be careful what you wish for.

• Reply 62 of 137
    mode wrote: »

And thousands of others 3rd the motion.
    Say goodbye to Appleinsider - when they hand the keys over to a seething Apple fanatic troll who has already been 'editing' posts. 

Hear that Appleinsider?... the sound of your ad revenue crashing to the floor...
    We have already pulled you from our media buying list.

Even Apple isn't stupid enough to put fanatics in charge of their product.... have you paid no attention at all???
    Talk about a fatal miscalculation. It's the forums that make the site, and you know that.

Will be refreshing to see who steps up to replace this propaganda blog.

<h1 class="firstHeading" id="user_firstHeading"><span>C'est la vie</span></h1>

Get lost with your pouting. Au revoir.

Ad buyers come and go. For every little 'media buyer' like you that AI loses, I'll bet they make up with others. The total volume of ads here is higher than a couple of years ago.
  • Reply 63 of 137

Quote:

Originally Posted by thataveragejoe View Post

It's funny how so many have the 'kill it with fire' attitude towards Samsung, yet to me they are the only reliable ones around.

People got too much time and too much coffee on their hands waiting in unemployment queues or sulking in coffee bars, which they said one-third of AI regulars are.

• Reply 64 of 137

Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Get lost with your pouting. Au revoir.

Ad buyers come and go. For every little 'media buyer' like you that AI loses, I'll bet they make up with others. The total volume of ads here is higher than a couple of years ago.

Quiet, towel head.

• Reply 65 of 137
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    fairthrope wrote: »
    Quiet, towel head.

WTF?! Please tell me I'm reading that out of context.
  • Reply 66 of 137

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Maybe, but anantksundaram's attitude and grating languages make it harder for me not to cross that line.

• Reply 67 of 137

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

You were not.

Fairthrope knows fully well that's a racist, derogatory term.

About consistent with the level of dialog we can expect from the fandroids that infest and pollute this forum.

• Reply 68 of 137

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

How exactly would a person with 4 posts know that?

Ever hear

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. Mark Twain"?

It is a gift to listen carefully and speak when it truly counts -- not to mention that everyone that has 5 posts or more was once in his shoes.

Edit: Corrected quote to actual wording and added author

• Reply 69 of 137
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    fairthrope wrote: »
    Maybe, but anantksundaram's attitude and grating languages make it harder for me not to cross that line.

I find it hard to imagine he said anything that would require you use such an offensive, racist slur.
  • Reply 70 of 137

Quote:

Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

So which of their competitors will Samsung sell to?

Who has the money?

Motorola, HTC, Sony, Huawei, Pantech or any of the other OEM's fighting over the crumbs Apple and Samsung leave behind.

They won't be getting cash up front anymore.

This comment clearly shows how myopic your view becomes when you add the word 'Apple' into the discussion. Flash memory is used in thousands of devices other than smartphones, such as USB drives, SSD drives, and other consumer devices. Smartphones themselves only account for 16% of total NAND memory use.

• Reply 71 of 137
    mac_dogmac_dog Posts: 1,069member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Realistic View Post

Wish we could block moderators because I am getting real tired of reading TS posts.

agreed.

• Reply 72 of 137

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I love that they're pretending it's "trolling" and that it's something I actually believe, and then they go on to want to block me. I don't get it… have these people never heard of sarcasm or satire before? For heaven's sake.

Did anyone notice I can't bring myself to call it the "iPhone 5", even in my Anti-Apple Brigade fantasy… 

Your job is to moderate the forum, not to post, post and post your opinions, sarcasm and satire. If you just want to be a regular member, then that would be a different story. 

I want to block you because I am tired of seeing all your comments...plain and simple.

• Reply 73 of 137

Originally Posted by lamewing View Post

Your job is to moderate the forum, not to post, post and post your opinions, sarcasm and satire.

That's right.

…post, post and post your opinions, sarcasm and satire.

I do this when I'm not doing that.

• Reply 74 of 137

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

This is the ONLY board I know of where the Global Moderator actively derails about half the threads with his own personal issues or arguments. He needs to fade gently into the background so the threads are on topic.

Note that T.S. was a moderator on Mac Rumors for about 3 years and it was the same there. 

• Reply 75 of 137
    e_veritas wrote: »
    This comment clearly shows how myopic your view becomes when you add the word 'Apple' into the discussion. Flash memory is used in thousands of devices other than smartphones, such as USB drives, SSD drives, and other consumer devices. Smartphones themselves only account for 16% of total NAND memory use.

Apple still accounts for almost 30% of worldwide NAND flash memory demand though.
    http://www.storagenewsletter.com/news/marketreport/apple-nand-flash-ihs-isuppli
  • Reply 76 of 137
    lamewing wrote: »
    Note that T.S. was a moderator on Mac Rumors for about 3 years and it was the same there. 

We wouldn't mind if you went back to trolling on MR. Looks like you have experience doing this on multiple forums.

What happened there? Did they kick you out?
  • Reply 77 of 137

Oh, so that's why they banned me! Now I get it, see, I was a moderator the entire time, they never told me, and so I never did my job, and I guess they got fed up with that!

They really ought to tell their moderators that they're moderators. Otherwise they'll keep acting like regular users and then… never… 

Do you get it yet, because the joke starts to lose its luster after a while.

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

We wouldn't mind if you went back to trolling on MR. Looks like you have experience doing this on multiple forums.

What happened there? Did they kick you out?

At least if he went back there he wouldn't have to make up lies about other people here. And if he went back there, he'd see that he's lying about more than just that, since the forums have only gotten more anti-Apple since I last was there. 

• Reply 78 of 137
    muppetrymuppetry Posts: 3,331member

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I love that they're pretending it's "trolling" and that it's something I actually believe, and then they go on to want to block me. I don't get it… have these people never heard of sarcasm or satire before? For heaven's sake.

Did anyone notice I can't bring myself to call it the "iPhone 5", even in my Anti-Apple Brigade fantasy… 

Your job is to moderate the forum, not to post, post and post your opinions, sarcasm and satire. If you just want to be a regular member, then that would be a different story. 

I want to block you because I am tired of seeing all your comments...plain and simple.

This theme is getting really obnoxious. TS posts mostly on topic, even if you disagree with his views, which, of course, you mostly do. Obviously it is quite intolerable for you not to be able to block everyone that you disagree with, so perhaps you should go and find a forum that caters to your preferences rather than whining incessantly on this one.

• Reply 79 of 137
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member

Quote:

Originally Posted by rasimo View Post

Apple still accounts for almost 30% of worldwide NAND flash memory demand though.

http://www.storagenewsletter.com/news/marketreport/apple-nand-flash-ihs-isuppli

And there's a lot of it in Macbook Pro Retinas and Airs

• Reply 80 of 137

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

This theme is getting really obnoxious. TS posts mostly on topic, even if you disagree with his views, which, of course, you mostly do. Obviously it is quite intolerable for you not to be able to block everyone that you disagree with, so perhaps you should go and find a forum that caters to your preferences rather than whining incessantly on this one.

Agreed. Freedom of speech -- and starting a rant thread cause someone annoys you is really annoying.

Don't always agree with TS but personally I can't think of anyone here I always agree with (even myself after reading other arguments later sometimes).

If you can't handle his posts and are now aware you can't block his posts, either ignore him (or hopefully not) the whole site. Cheers.