'iPhone 5' launch will mark end of Apple's iPhone 3GS - rumor

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 46
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    You're lucky, I have ~110GB's of lossless music, and my iPod is only 64GB's...

I have a lot more music than that stored, I just don't need it on a pocketable device. How many weeks of uninterrupted playback does iTunes stay you have? Why would you need this on your iPod? I have a good idea of what I want to listen to and would never wonder if I need all tracks from a CD I bought 15 years ago. I'll hang on to the music I stored but a lot of it I won't listen to often.
  • Reply 42 of 46
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    ireland wrote: »
    Good point, but as a customer I want simplicity, not upsell.

I really don't think keeping the 4 needlessly complicates it.
  • Reply 43 of 46
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    jeffdm wrote: »
    I really don't think keeping the 4 needlessly complicates it.

Did they drop the 3G when the 4 came out? I can't remember if they've ever had two generational models of the same case design with a new case design as the flagship. I think I'll have the 4 and 4S because they can offer it as $0 cost with a contract but I do see why some would expect it to go away.
  • Reply 44 of 46

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Did they drop the 3G when the 4 came out?

Yes, and then they kept the 3GS when the 4S came out, which led to a bunch of confusing rumors wherein people thought they'd stop selling the iPhone 4 and (and get this) that the 3GS would be updated with the iPhone 4's internals… 

• Reply 45 of 46
    antkm1antkm1 Posts: 1,441member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

...which led to a bunch of confusing rumors wherein people thought they'd stop selling the iPhone 4 and (and get this) that the 3GS would be updated with the iPhone 4's internals… 

gee, seeing as my comment #41, I kind of wish that would happen.  I'd take a retina A4 world phone iPhone 3GS over the current iPhone 4 hands-down.

• Reply 46 of 46
    solipsismx wrote: »
    I have a lot more music than that stored, I just don't need it on a pocketable device. How many weeks of uninterrupted playback does iTunes stay you have? Why would you need this on your iPod? I have a good idea of what I want to listen to and would never wonder if I need all tracks from a CD I bought 15 years ago. I'll hang on to the music I stored but a lot of it I won't listen to often.

I like to jump around my Music collection, I get bored of music easily, 11 days of playback. 15 years ago? lol, I was 5 then. and I don't keep full albums, only the songs I like off them...