First pictures of alleged next-gen iPhone battery compare part with iPhone 4S

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30

Originally Posted by herbapou View Post

I think we will see a new ipad 3 with the new LTE chip, less heat and the new connector.

What purpose does that serve, though? They're halfway through the revision. I imagine they'll keep it around until the 4th one.

Also i expect all new iPods with the new connector…

I'm not sure about the future of the iPod touch. And the iPod classic certainly won't be getting the connector… 

No TV, and I imagine no iPad mini, either. But who knows. Certainly no TV. And the Apple TV itself just got an update recently; I don't see more than one of those a year.

• Reply 22 of 30

The new iPhone looks like a 16:9 widescreen TV.   Steve Jobs must be smiling.image

IronTed

• Reply 23 of 30

Originally Posted by IronTed View Post

The new iPhone looks like a 16:9 widescreen TV.   Steve Jobs must be smiling.image

Smiling?

Originally said by Steve Jobs

You watch television to turn your brain off and you work on your computer when you want to turn your brain on.

• Reply 24 of 30

Quote:

Originally Posted by allenbf View Post

Anybody have an idea what the open compartment on the back is?  Opposite the flash and camera?

Bring on the LTE!

Yeah, it's for the Motherboard LOL.

• Reply 25 of 30
    icoco3icoco3 Posts: 1,474member

The only valid "rumor" will come Sept 12th....

• Reply 26 of 30

Quote:

Originally Posted by karimseed View Post

Okay lets see the what the Next iphone will upgrade and downgrade on battery life. 1. Improve on Screen(Izo Screen 20 % more efficent) 2. A5 processor die shrink(30% improve on battery life) 3. Improved Lte Chips which consume less battery life at the same rate of 3g unlike the chips in the ipad(3rd gen) 4.Bigger Battery life Upgrade by 5-10 % So Overall Thats a 60% increase in battery life from the Iphone 4s. Also Ios 6 Fixes most of the battery life issues from Ios 5 Now deduct that from the 4 inch screen and the somewhat hungrier lte chips and you get way more battery life than you use too on your Iphone with Ios 5

The new battery has 5.45 Watt-hours of energy storage while the old had 5.3. That's less than a 3% increase. The new one is at least 10% longer so I'm assuming it will be significantly thinner. My guess is a longer lasting battery due to reasons like those mentioned above.

• Reply 27 of 30

Originally Posted by marcusj0015 View Post

Yeah, it's for the Motherboard LOL.

Above the battery, he means.

• Reply 28 of 30

3.8V is not a nominal cell voltage for any Lithium-Ion battery chemistry that I am aware of.  Most Li-Ion batteries use LiCoO2 as a an electrode material, which has a nominal per-cell voltage of 3.7V.  I've also seen LiCo1/3Ni1/3Mn1/3O2 used on occasion, which has a nominal voltage of 3.6V per cell.

• Reply 29 of 30

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverpraxis View Post

Wasn't it determined that the total volume of the next iPhone was getting smaller despite the added length? If that's the case, increasing the battery size at all is impressive.

The point is: they are sacrificing potential extra battery life (perhaps my greatest issue with the iPhone) for... thinness. And it's not like current smartphones are too thick, either.

In fact, between the extra pixels, LTE, and this minimal increase, this year's iPhone just might perform worse than the iPhone 4S.

• Reply 30 of 30

Quote:

Originally Posted by karimseed View Post

Okay lets see the what the Next iphone will upgrade and downgrade on battery life. 1. Improve on Screen(Izo Screen 20 % more efficent) 2. A5 processor die shrink(30% improve on battery life) 3. Improved Lte Chips which consume less battery life at the same rate of 3g unlike the chips in the ipad(3rd gen) 4.Bigger Battery life Upgrade by 5-10 % So Overall Thats a 60% increase in battery life from the Iphone 4s. Also Ios 6 Fixes most of the battery life issues from Ios 5 Now deduct that from the 4 inch screen and the somewhat hungrier lte chips and you get way more battery life than you use too on your Iphone with Ios 5

That's flawless math /s

EDIT: Also, IGZO screen? What makes you think it'll use IGZO?