Colorful banners for Sep 12 Phone 5 Apple Event now going up

Comments

• Reply 41 of 62

Originally Posted by Jimbo1234 View Post

I mean software wise. I fully appreciate the hardware.

My point stands! All iPhones in the past have received hardware-specific software features. We don't know diddly about this model's! 

I see iOS 6 the same way I see Mountain Lion. Once you get over the illogical belief that Apple has to completely redesign absolutely everything they do in both UI and UX every time they update something, you start being able to see the updates they do put out for what they really are.

• Reply 42 of 62

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

I have to laugh at anyone who thinks the iPhone will come in any color other than black or white. Not going to happen. Colored bumpers or cases, sure but the device itself? No way.

Agreed.  There are too many iPhone skus as it stands...  A 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB model for AT&T and Verizon, in black or white.  I can't imagine having 12 additional skus per color!

• Reply 43 of 62
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member

I hope they learned their lesson with the iPad 3, not to sacrifice battery life to add more hardware, it would be even more serious on a phone.

In any event I'm hoping iOS 6 will finally make it's debut.

• Reply 44 of 62
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

You know what all those colors mean... iPod time!

I'd love to see a new Classic, but I'm not holding my breath.

I think you're the only one that has it right.  The colours *always* mean iPods.  

My guess:  They will discontinue the Classic this year so that the 'iPod touch" (the name no one can ever say correctly), will finally become just "iPod."  The iPod has sort of lost it's way lately and this will be a great way to jazz it up and bring it back into the fold as well as reminding folks where the iPhone itself kind of came from.  Reminding the public out there that the iPhone and iOS isn't just the latest thing but is a build on that old iPod brand they love so well.  In that light, I think we will see multiple iPod touch form factors perhaps as well as (of course) coloured models.  

I would hold out a tiny-tiny percentage of a chance that there might even be a larger iPod touch or that the iPad mini will be introduced at this event and not in October, but probably not.  

As for whether it will be "iPhone 5" or "the new iPhone" I think that depends wholly on whether there is an "iPhone nano" in the wings because until there is more than one iPhone, the generational naming probably makes more sense to the average idiot (even though it's a horrible, ugly thing they are doing with all the 4s, 5, 5s, crapolla).  If it's "the new iPhone" then we will see a second, different kind of iPhone as well, either at the event or within the year. 

• Reply 45 of 62

Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

If it's "the new iPhone" then we will see a second, different kind of iPhone as well, either at the event or within the year. 

… Why?

• Reply 46 of 62
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

… Why?

Just a guess, but the reasoning is that Apple never uses a generational number in the name unless it's the only product in the category. The idea being that if there *was* an iPhone nano, then they would have to drop the generational numbers as it would be a confusing nomenclature otherwise.  It doesn't necessarily work the other way around, (that dropping the generation number equals a new product) but it certainly could.  Thus ... "guess/prediction" etc.

I have an amazing 50/50 accuracy at predicting Apple products so I wouldn't worry about me necessarily being right. :-)

The only thing I think is a lock is that the colours indicate that it might be an iPod focussed event to some degree.

• Reply 47 of 62

Just a guess, but the reasoning is that Apple never uses a generational number in the name unless it's the only product in the category.

They've only ever done it with the iPhone and iPad, though. They didn't start by numbering the iPod and then dropped the number when the iPod mini came out. 

The idea being that if there *was* an iPhone nano, then they would have to drop the generational numbers as it would be a confusing nomenclature otherwise.

I disagree, and I disagree. The latter is just a personal opinion, but the former clashes with all the rumors we've been hearing and Apple's model for the past two years. I don't see an iPhone nano, but I do see an iPhone 3GS for sale for ~$250 unsubsidized outside the West.

The only thing I think is a lock is that the colours indicate that it might be an iPod focussed event to some degree.

There were colors at the iPad event. But I buy the whole "iPod shuffle gets 8 colors, iPod nano gets new ones, too" bit.

• Reply 48 of 62
    With the stretched out Game Center, iTunes & Music apps it would seem as though they'rd hinting at a taller screen. Prett cool.
  • Reply 49 of 62

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

But I doubt Apple would drop analog jack, it's too soon.

Analog Jack, yup, that's do me.

• Reply 50 of 62

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

Plug? Easy. I have Bluetooth headphones.

But I doubt Apple would drop analog jack, it's too soon.

Analog Jack, yes, that'll do fine.

• Reply 52 of 62

Originally Posted by mocseg View Post

GooPhone i5

Oops.

Thinking for one second that they could ever possibly win is sheer stupidity. 

Oops is what you say when you read that someone was stupid enough to steal Apple's IP right out of the factory and used it to make their own device. 

• Reply 53 of 62
    Just wanted to say, the title says Phone 5, not iPhone 5. Should be Phone 6, since it's the sixth phone, maybe called iPhone TS :p
  • Reply 54 of 62

Originally Posted by lightknight View Post

Just wanted to say, the title says Phone 5, not iPhone 5. Should be Phone 6, since it's the sixth phone, maybe called iPhone TS 

If this was six months ago, this would at least be partially humorous to some people. Now it's just embarrassing for you.

• Reply 55 of 62
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

Quote:

Remember this one? That was an iPad announcement

Appleinvite

• Reply 56 of 62
    charlituna wrote: »
    you are all totally wrong. 

those are an homage to the old TV test pattern strips. All that talk about delays was false. The Apple TV is real. THAT is what this event is about. The 5 is cause they are going to have 5 sizes. 24, 36, 48, 60 and the super duper Apple TV Pro that is 80 inches and has 4k resolution and glasses free 3D. All with with the Apple TV hardware inside (which is great cause all you can do is use the iTunes Store, Apple TV apps and airplay cause Samsung wouldn't give Apple a licensing deal on the SEPs they need for anything else).

They are also going to launch 3d downloads in the itunes stores. It's only the Disney/Pixar titles (but hey that includes the Avengers) and it's a $10 mark up but aren't we iSheep that will baaa about how great it is. We'll buy anything.

or they mean nothing and are just stupid stripes and a logo and Apple is laughing at all the blogs trying to 'interpret' the banners 

I hate to break it to you, but the Apple TV 3 isn't nearly powerful enough to support 4K.
  • Reply 57 of 62

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverpraxis View Post

Why, 5 products of course! It's obvious.

13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display

Ivy Bridge iMac

Ivy Bridge Mac Mini

6th gen iPhone

iPad Mini

Trololol. image

If came out a 13" MBP with RP .

I would commit suicide, as I just bought a normal 15" MBP last month.  :'(

• Reply 58 of 62
    reminds me of the 60's, psychedelic colors, maybe a through back to steve's younger years. and they paying tribute to his drug induced ideas.
  • Reply 59 of 62
    What if the "5" on the Apple announcement, was actually for the iPods! Meaning new 5th generations! Besides apple usualy refreshes thier ipods on september! I doubt Apple would call the new iPhone, the "iPhone 5" perfectly knowing its truly a sixth generation! But then again, I hear about all the phone companies setting a vacation block, and now FedEx expecting a high volume in deliveries, all dates coinciding with the expected release of the new iPhone! I can't wait for my new iPhone! :)
  • Reply 60 of 62

Quote:

Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Remember this one? That was an iPad announcement

Appleinvite

What about the colours of the clamshell iBooks? Maybe they can do those again, or even bring back the handle.