HP taken to task for releasing iMac clone

Comments

• Reply 61 of 178
    Very very sad. Pathetic.
  • Reply 62 of 178

Quote:

Originally Posted by applemagnet View Post

I don't ever like to say that someone has blatantly and shameless copied Apple's designs. They are strong allegations. But I really can't see how anyone can deny that these are blatant and shameless copies! 

Well, I'd like to have other pictures. These seem a bit too obvious in their targeting. Then again, if it really is a copy, Apple's going to sue HP. Sad thing for the company Steve Jobs worked his summer job in...

• Reply 63 of 178

Quote:

Originally Posted by mstone View Post

I agree. Reaching around the back to plug in my camera card reader is a pain. That is about the only thing I use USB for on the iMac. That HP also looks like it has a SD card reader in the stand which is pretty cool although I use Compact Flash a lot too.

Well, I'd like Apple to copy _that_ IP...

• Reply 64 of 178

Quote:

Originally Posted by popnfresh View Post

It doesn't look much like an iMac. The screen bezel is very different. The pedestal is very different. Even the wireless keyboard isn't much like Apple's. the HP keyboard has silver keys, Apple's keyboard has white keys that are shaped differently. I'm sorry, fanbois, but Apple didn't invent the rectangle.

They didn't invent the rectangle?  You should be an attorney for Samsung.  Their legal defense was very similar to your argument.  But they said it just a little differently so I guess you can't be copying them at all even if similar and close to identical.  You are very very different and unique.

• Reply 65 of 178
    ireland wrote: »
    It's a sad time for innovation. Oddly enough, one of the more interesting companies right now - aside from Apple, obviously - is Microsoft.
    Why are they interesting? Because they are doing their own thing, and that's how the consumer gets real choice. Even if it's a crap choice, it's a genuine alternative.

So what good is a crappy choice?
  • Reply 66 of 178

Boy oh boy... you Apple Fanbois are a joke - always thinking Apple invented everything!! The Spectre is nothing like the iMac, the stand and base are clearly about 12 inches wide unlike the iMac 6" wide stand/base and the Spectre keyboard is 2" bigger in diameter... get a life. 

/sc

• Reply 67 of 178
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightknight View Post

Quote:

I agree. Reaching around the back to plug in my camera card reader is a pain. That is about the only thing I use USB for on the iMac. That HP also looks like it has a SD card reader in the stand which is pretty cool although I use Compact Flash a lot too.

Well, I'd like Apple to copy _that_ IP...

It probably shouldn't be in the base now that I think about it. Too close to the desk to hold the memory card except by the edges. The MBP is perhaps slightly thicker at the point where the card slot is, but it is also closer to the user and you don't have to reach under the screen such as in the HP design.. I think a card reader on the side of the computer would be nice. I don't mind having USB on the back of the iMac. It would just be nice to have one near the front for quick access like my Mac Pro.

• Reply 68 of 178
    takeotakeo Posts: 445member

[deleted]

• Reply 69 of 178

I'll tell you what.  Work your butt off for a month, then I will come collect your paycheck and tell everyone that I did most of the work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mesomorphicman View Post

Boy oh boy... you Apple Fanbois are a joke - always thinking Apple invented everything!! The Spectre is nothing like the iMac, the stand and base are clearly about 12 inches wide unlike the iMac 6" wide stand/base and the Spectre keyboard is 2" bigger in diameter... get a life. 

/sc

• Reply 70 of 178

It's clearly inspired by Apple but I wouldn't say it's painfully similar. It doesn't have the "chin" and the foot is squared off not rounded. It's also a LOT thinner. And the ports are all in the foot instead of in the machine itself... which is actually kinda cool. And I'm a 20+ year Apple fan.

• Reply 71 of 178
    mstone wrote: »
    don't mind having USB on the back of the iMac. It would just be nice to have one near the front for quick access like my Mac Pro.

This is why I have the Apple USB keyboard and not the Bluetooth one, as it has two handy USB ports, one at each end. (Plus I quite like a numerical keypad)
  • Reply 72 of 178

Quote:

Originally Posted by majortom1981 View Post

Apple is allowed to copy braun but nobody is allowed to copy apple? That does not make sense.

Apple sells razors?

• Reply 73 of 178
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

Would you rather have an original painting by Picasso, or would you rather have a cheap Xerox copy of that same painting? Android users need not answer that question.

Would you rather be with a naturally beautiful girl, or would you rather be with a fake broad that sort of looks like the natural beauty, but the fake broad comes with fake tits, massive plastic surgery to cover up various defects and too much makeup?

Don't answer that if you can honestly stand there with a straight face and seriously claim this HP iMac clone is not a pathetic and cheap rip off of the iMac design. And no, something doesn't have to be 100% identical in order to be a complete rip off. And don't give me any bullcrap about squares and triangles, those kind of people deserve to be smacked upside the head. Apple's designs are so great looking and trend setting, that even Apple haters wish that their junky machines could like Apple machines. That's why Apple is the most copied and influential tech company out there.

• Reply 74 of 178
    blah blah blah blah blah..HP....

but Vizio truly showed inspiration without copying...

The Vizio AIO looks NOTHING like the iMac but it is obviously inspired by the iMac...

[IMG ALT=""]http://forums.appleinsider.com/content/type/61/id/11956/width/350/height/700[/IMG]
    [IMG ALT=""]http://forums.appleinsider.com/content/type/61/id/11957/width/350/height/700[/IMG]

Vizio looks unique.

Making a good looking computer does not a copycat make.
  • Reply 75 of 178

Originally Posted by kotatsu View Post

No surprise from the venom filled headline that this is another piece of fanboy nonsense from DED.

So Apple now owns the copyright on not only rounded rectangles, but angular silver things too? This really is getting pathetic DED.

Thanks for providing extra exhibits for my evidence field. That's all I have to say on this matter for now.

Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

but Vizio truly showed inspiration without copying...

*snicker*

The Vizio AIO looks NOTHING like the iMac but it is obviously inspired by the iMac...

*snort*

Vizio looks unique.

*sputter*, *guffaw*

• Reply 76 of 178
    also the HP isn't as much of a copycat as you think

[IMG ALT=""]http://forums.appleinsider.com/content/type/61/id/11958/width/350/height/700[/IMG]

The accessories definitely are, however.
  • Reply 77 of 178
    Thanks for providing extra exhibits for my evidence field. That's all I have to say on this matter for now.

*snicker*

*snort*

*sputter*, *guffaw*

so the Vizio doesn't look unique, you childish moderator?
  • Reply 78 of 178
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

Quote:

Originally Posted by newcode View Post

Quote:

don't mind having USB on the back of the iMac. It would just be nice to have one near the front for quick access like my Mac Pro.

This is why I have the Apple USB keyboard and not the Bluetooth one, as it has two handy USB ports, one at each end. (Plus I quite like a numerical keypad)

I have that too but those USBs are not very powerful. I believe I had trouble with them on the Compact Flash reader so I always use the ones on the back. I have a wired Logitech mouse too. I absolutely hate the Apple mouse. I'm ashamed to say I actually destroyed it so I would never be tempted to use it again.

• Reply 79 of 178
    With designs so similar to Apple, it's no wonder Apple's is suing everyone under the sun! Oh, I'm sure other PC makers will claim they have other inspirational sources...
  • Reply 80 of 178
    8002580025 Posts: 175member

HP 'invents' the Fapple (aka Fake Apple) in much the same way street vedors sell Rolex replicas.