Apple confirms 1.1% of iCloud users affected by mail outage

Posted:
in iCloud edited January 2014
Apple on Tuesday announced through its iCloud System Status Page that a small portion of users may be unable to access mail through the service.

iCloud System Status
Source: Apple

The company confirmed through continually updated reports that as of 3:03 p.m. PDT, iCloud's mail service was experiencing issues, saying that "users may be unable to access iCloud mail" and that "normal service will be restored ASAP." All other services are said to be online.

The report comes after readers alerted AppleInsider of problems occurring in the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region, though at the time Apple claimed the issues were affecting less than 1 percent of iCloud's installed user base.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 35
    Affected here in New Zealand.
  • Reply 2 of 35
    Issues with my email started very early this morning in Northern Idaho. Frustrating!! I thought it might have something to do with changing my password today! Everything else through iCloud works!
  • Reply 3 of 35
    Issues here in Canada since about 12 hours before Apple seems to have realized there was a problem (since 3am PDT on Sept. 11). This is really, really bad -- hope for the sake of Apple's reputation that they're not lying about the extent of the problem, but sucks to be one of the unlucky ones regardless.

[things not to do when posting the above today: forgot my password and asked to have it sent to me at my mac.com address -- had to grab another Mac to figure out my appleinsider password, because it's sure not getting here via iCloud any time soon... sigh]
  • Reply 4 of 35
    No .me e-mail service for me since 4am today and I'm in NYC. With so many regions reporting issues I highly doubt this problem is limited to just 1% of users.
  • Reply 5 of 35
    My last incoming email was 6:46 pm last night - live in Dallas, TX area. I get emails almost non-stop, so am guessing my service stopped sometime last night. VERY frustrated at the length of this outage...and on the eve of their big announcement about a new iPhone. I have been a loyal Apple customer for many years, but am losing confidence!
  • Reply 6 of 35

Yeah really 1.1% ?  Been out in Palm Springs all day. Pretty sad for Apple. Come on guys.

• Reply 7 of 35
    My last incoming email was 6:46 pm last night - live in Dallas, TX area. I get emails almost non-stop, so am guessing my service stopped sometime last night. VERY frustrated at the length of this outage...and on the eve of their big announcement about a new iPhone. I have been a loyal Apple customer for many years, but am losing confidence!
  • Reply 8 of 35
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member

This is widespread. Out here also.

• Reply 9 of 35

Out here in Melbourne Australia. Ther seems to be a large number of 1%ers out there

• Reply 10 of 35
    dmzdmz Posts: 5,775member

Out in Alaska, too.

• Reply 11 of 35
    4 a.m. on Sept 11th was the last email I got here in NY too. Still out. I'm switching to Gmail. Completely unacceptable.
  • Reply 12 of 35

UK here. Haven't had email all day yesterday and still out this morning. This really sucks! come on Apple!

• Reply 13 of 35
    4:20am Atlanta and no me.com email. And the stock price is at all time high! Go figure.
  • Reply 14 of 35

SC Here.

My me.com mail has been out since early yesterday 9/11/12 morning. Outage still out over 24 hours now!!

I called apple support late yesterday afternoon and all they told me to was check the icloud system status page.

Here is the link http://www.apple.com/support/icloud/systemstatus/

My me.com mail is my primary business and has been for years....I am sure this has already cost me several clients!

This is a major issue!!

• Reply 15 of 35

Mail out for me in Southwest michigan, but not for my wife and mother-in-law who are here also... Last mail sent or received was on monday evening.

• Reply 16 of 35
    Still out in NY at 6AM. Can send mail, can't receive it. Has been like this since about 8:50 yesterday morning.
  • Reply 17 of 35
    My email has been out since 7:00a CDT yesterday 09/11 here in Texas. It was not working sporadically prior to that time. Apple doesn't seem to providing ANY explanation and they just keep pushing back the time that they report on the outage without any indication of what is wrong or the progress in repairing the problem. I think this should be the top story today instead of their new iPhone. I couldn't even verify my subscription on this site because I'm not receiving any incoming mail.
  • Reply 18 of 35

After almost 2 days without access to our mail accounts, we really consider to change to a more reliable provider.

Sendt from Denmark at 15:38 CET on 12th of September 2012

• Reply 19 of 35
    Still "down" in Denver...applied for jobs with my @me.com address. Something I won't do ever again. Back to gmail.
  • Reply 20 of 35
    Hope the media picks this up...so much for market share.