Apple's website reveals iPhone 5 name, plus new iPod touch, nano & iTunes

Comments

• Reply 21 of 144

What the??? TYLER PERRY GET OUT OF OUR SEARCH RESULTS.

Mom! Tyler Perry won't leave!

• Reply 22 of 144
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,712member
    I wonder if car enthusiast blogs are the same ...

"It's a Mustang 5"
    "No, it's the new Mustang!"
    "No, it's just 'Mustang!'"

• Reply 23 of 144

Originally Posted by ytseman3 View Post

Why do people have to snoop and try and find out everything they can about the unreleased Apple products?

You seem to be unfamiliar with the point of this website.

• Reply 24 of 144

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabbit_Coach View Post

So the 6th iPhone is iPhone 5!

It seems Apple have adopted the same version numbering scheme as Microsoft. aka: just stick a name on it and ship it regardless of actual version, unless there is a significant difference that even the average Joe can spot at 20 paces.

EG:

Windows 2000 = Windows NT 5

Windows eXPerience = Windows NT 5.1

Windows Vista = Windows NT 6

Windows 7 = Windows NT 6.1

Windows 8 = Windows NT 6.2

• Reply 25 of 144
    richlrichl Posts: 2,213member

Tallest Skill's head is going to explode!

• Reply 26 of 144

Quote:

Originally Posted by iSheldon View Post

Oops!

Steve would fire. Heads would roll.

Apple is doomed!™

Sell. Sell. Sell.

• Reply 27 of 144

What time it is going to be released? Do you know when the introduction will be held?

• Reply 28 of 144
    muppetrymuppetry Posts: 3,331member

Commiserations TS. For the record, I agreed with you.

• Reply 29 of 144

Quote:

Originally Posted by ascii View Post

I expected the iPod updates, they are always updated at this time of year, but the new iTunes is a pleasant surprise. I hope they improve the browse and search features.

What I really wish that they would do is put the alphabet near the scroll bar area like they have in iOS

• Reply 30 of 144

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

And yet 4S came after 4 and 5 is coming after 4S. You can spin it any way you want but it's irrational to say that a '5' comes after an 'S' or '4S' and that w should never use '2".

Your next argument would likely be to say that the internal model of the CPU is 5,1 but then that would make the pecking order iPhone, iPhone S, iPhone 2, iPhone 3, iPhone 3V (for Verizon since that was 3,3), iPhone 4, and iPhone 5. Clearly that isn't how they were named.

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxhunter101 View Post

iPhone (original)=iPhone 1

iPhone 3G=iphone 2

iPhone 3GS=iPhone 3

iPhone 4=iPhone 4

iPhone 4S=iPhone 5

NEW iPhone=iPhone 6

Quote:

Originally Posted by benanderson89 View Post

It seems Apple have adopted the same version numbering scheme as Microsoft. aka: just stick a name on it and ship it regardless of actual version, unless there is a significant difference that even the average Joe can spot at 20 paces.

EG:

Windows 2000 = Windows NT 5

Windows eXPerience = Windows NT 5.1

Windows Vista = Windows NT 6

Windows 7 = Windows NT 6.1

Windows 8 = Windows NT 6.2

shut up.

• Reply 31 of 144
    OMG... Apple made a mistake. Let's have TS correct the website's HTML and edit the 5 out.
  • Reply 32 of 144

Quote:

Originally Posted by mstfgrdn View Post

What time it is going to be released? Do you know when the introduction will be held?

I don't know when the 10am keynote starts either.

• Reply 33 of 144
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyb0731 View Post

What I really wish that they would do is put the alphabet near the scroll bar area like they have in iOS

That's a good idea. The whole iTunes Store feels too much like a website than an app to me.

• Reply 34 of 144
    It really sucks that ATT eliminated the early upgrades for iPhone users. Every time I upgraded to the next generation of iPhone I was eligible for a full upgrade from ATT with the full subsidized pricing.

Now, it seems I am going to have to pay $250 the fully subsidized price. Therefore, it will be $250 $399 (potential 64 GB price). I've wanted a larger screen for quite some time so I am not going to wait until May 2013, which is when the full upgrade is available to those who purchased the 4s on or very close to its launch date last year.

Anymore news as to when Apple is releasing their TV sets? I think this is going to be their next big revolutionary product. I am guessing it is going to have iOS with the App Store, etc. This will enable people to access all of their apps, e-mails, etc etc right no their TV. They are going to completely take over the living room. The iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch will most likely all be compatible and able to control the TV set.

Also, I bet they manufacture some sort of controller for video games. I was thinking they might make the controller an All in One, but it would make more sense to have a video game controller as a separate accessory. It will make gaming so much easier and will enable more complicated games to be produced. I am really looking forward to the Apple TV!
  • Reply 35 of 144

Quote:

Originally Posted by ytseman3 View Post

Why do people have to snoop and try and find out everything they can about the unreleased Apple products? I myself like the surprise, I like to watch the keynotes and witness the "magic". Why not just wait and see what the next iPhone is? Now, if it isn't what everyone and their brother says it will include (4 inch screen, NFC, etc.etc..) everyone will be dissapointed and the stock will drop. Let the people who know tell us the facts!

You may like the surprise, but a lot of the people who post here like to say "I knew it/told you so/predicted that months ago/..."

• Reply 36 of 144

I think Apple has been making inconsequential mistakes in naming the iPhone since it's 2nd generation. I had friends think the iPhone 3G was the 3rd gen iPhone. And since then, the naming has just been bonkers, with maybe the exception of the iPhone 4. They really should just call it "iPhone" and be done with it like they did with iPad.

But honestly, as others have said, as long as iPhone is in the name, it'll sell with whatever suffix is appended to it.

• Reply 37 of 144

Apple follows the naming scheme (obviously), not the physical number of iPhones released. 

I thought this would have at least been obvious by the time the iPhone 4 was released. 

• Reply 38 of 144

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverpraxis View Post

But honestly, as others have said, as long as iPhone is in the name, it'll sell with whatever suffix is appended to it.

This.

• Reply 39 of 144

Why are people still arguing over the name? Apple obviously have their own reasons for calling it whatever they want and it's their right to do so. Those who continue to insist it's wrong, get over it. You guys are the ones who are wrong. When you own a company and make your own products, you can name it sequentially with its generation number if you want to. Apple is obviously not following your naming scheme.

• Reply 40 of 144

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRaider2011 View Post

shut up.

HEY, DID YOU KNOW THE 11,3 IMAC SHOULD TECHNICALLY BE IMAC 17?

HEY, DID YOU KNOW MAC OS 10.8.1 SHOULD BE MAC OS 19.1?

HEY, DID YOU KNOW THE RMBP SHOULD BE THE 25TH ITERATION OF THE MACBOOK FAMILY?

Please note: Numbers were pulled from thine arse.