Warning: ordering from MacMall

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014

I ordered a Macbook Retina that was "on sale" from the ad that was on Apple Insider a few weeks ago.  As many have experienced with this machine and get one of the LG displays instead of Samsung displays mine now has screen burn in issues.  (It was fine to begin with).  The problem is is that if I were to have purchased directly from Apple I would have had a replacement and an empty box to ship it back in from Apple already on its way.  But because I ordered through MacMall I have to go through their return policy.  I am still waiting to speak with an "account executive" at MacMall what they will do for me (hopefully just refund my money) but this is one thing I did not realize would be an issue when ordering from a 3rd party.  If MacMall fails to take care of me properly Apple said they would still repair the computer but then I will have to send it in and wait for it to be repaired.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1

To their credit MacMall was willing to refund my money since it was within 30 days of ordering (thankfully!).  If it is more then 30 days I would have to get it repaired through Apple.  So MacMall is still a viable place to order from but I would worry that some MacBook Pro Retinas have not exhibited the screen burn-in issue until after 30 days.