Media camps outside Apple's Fifth Ave store as world awaits iPhone 5

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 37
    gqbgqb Posts: 1,934member
    Apple could make it easier on everyone by installing a chimney on top of 5th avenue that emits a puff of white smoke.
  • Reply 22 of 37
    Why doesn't Apple have their events on IOS devices like they did a few times with steve jobs?

One time.

And it's possible the turn out wasn't enough to justify the hassle
  • Reply 23 of 37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodent View Post

All this hype to profit Apple. You people are fools. You bought a iPhone 4s a year ago and now you're going to dump that and buy a new Chinese phone.

Does apple care about their customers, I think not, they are just numbers on a P

You're a retard. Why do you care on how other people spend their money? Just blame yourself if you can't afford one. Also they are not dumping their phones if they ever bought a new one, either they sell it or give to their family/relatives/etc.

• Reply 24 of 37
    Blatant trolling, pure lies, and we have to allow it to be here.

I hope other users see where I'm coming from in wanting to ban these people sight unseen.

Ban him and he'll just keep signing back up..

Ignoring works best. You don't have to read the garbage and you don't get accused of being a censor happy douche
  • Reply 25 of 37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Isn't the Galaxy S III? Or so they say.

If censorship is censorship, we should be able to just throw around insults willy-nilly? Maybe I should stop banning the spam accounts, too. image

And the lies they spew don't inspire anything meaningful. 

No Galaxy SIII is not manufactured in the US.

• Reply 26 of 37

Great comment!

• Reply 27 of 37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodent View Post

All this hype to profit Apple. You people are fools. You bought a iPhone 4s a year ago and now you're going to dump that and buy a new Chinese phone.

Does apple care about their customers, I think not, they are just numbers on a P

Apple is seeking a profit?!  Thank you for opening my eyes, young Rodent!

• Reply 28 of 37
    I hope Apple unveils more than a minor update to iTunes. From purchasing to playing to music management, that app is a mess.
  • Reply 29 of 37

Where is the AI live blog of this at?

• Reply 30 of 37

Quote:

Originally Posted by GQB View Post

Apple could make it easier on everyone by installing a chimney on top of 5th avenue that emits a puff of white smoke.

Great comment!!

• Reply 31 of 37

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

Ban him and he'll just keep signing back up..

Ignoring works best. You don't have to read the garbage and you don't get accused of being a censor happy douche

Every village has one.  I think trolls are entertaining....though in my perfect world I suppose comments would be limited to people who were either insightful or merely benignly conversational.

• Reply 32 of 37
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    rodent wrote: »

Who says we all buy a new phone every year? Maybe just your flourishing imagination? It might help for you to get your prescription adjusted.
  • Reply 33 of 37
    john.bjohn.b Posts: 2,742member

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

Some people won't do that as they like their current Street View and ad-free YouTube...

And some would like ad-free maps.  Tough call...

• Reply 34 of 37

Quote:

Originally Ranted by Rodent View Post

All this hype to profit Apple. You people are fools. You bought a iPhone 4s a year ago...

Ad hominem.  Nice...

I bought a 3GS on the day it was released, and have been chomping at the bit for an LTE iPhone, thankyouverymuch.

Quote:

Originally Ranted by Rodent View Post

... and now you're going to dump that and buy a new Chinese phone.

Maybe you can recommend the smartphone you bought that wasn't built in Asia?

• Reply 35 of 37

Originally Posted by John.B View Post

Maybe you can recommend the smartphone you bought that wasn't built in Asia?

Ah, he didn't say smartphone! He'll get you there.

• Reply 36 of 37

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotScott View Post

I don't agree with the post AND don't want the troll banned. Censorship is censorship. Besides, the heated arguments they start inspire research and greater detail in later posts.

Censorship is a governmental construct that is widely misunderstood and misapplied to the private sector.

In the good ol' US of A, you have the right to a free press, free from governmental interference, but only if you own the press.  What you don't have is the guarantee to free speech on someone else's "press" (or forum, in this case).

• Reply 37 of 37

Quote:

Originally Posted by John.B View Post

Maybe they could do their live feeds from inside a data center?  The only thing interesting happening today will be iOS 6 and ML 10.8.2 downloads.

Days, not weeks.  I'm expecting the iPhone 5 to be available on Friday.

Well, I was wrong about that.  And the new iTunes really is weeks, just in time for the iPad mini.

The good news is that the news media should be able to get video of people buying, umm, the new earpods.  :LOL: