Video shows BMW X5 crash into California Apple Store

Comments

• Reply 21 of 76

Why would they go back to collect the license plate if it were a stolen car?

• Reply 22 of 76

quadra 610 wrote: »
    They don't bother crashing into Microsoft Stores. 

They have already plenty of PC's crashing in their stores.
  • Reply 23 of 76

Apple pilots innovative "drive-thru" feature in one of its stores.

As you can see, like Siri, it's still in Beta.
  • Reply 24 of 76
    jd_in_sbjd_in_sb Posts: 1,600member

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoTown View Post

The story doesn't say the car was stolen - just everything else.

• Reply 25 of 76

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoTown View Post

That's what I was thinking. And if it was stolen why bother fixing a flat? LOL

"Police allege that Howard popped two of the tires on the BMW. After the burglary took place, he reportedly changed one tire near the store, while the other flat was allegedly addressed with a stolen can of Fix-A-Flat from a nearby 7-11.

Howard, however, reportedly failed to repair the flat tires on his vehicle, and the BMW was abandoned about a mile from the Temecula Apple Store.
    "

Now the can of fix-a-flat was stolen. LOL

• Reply 26 of 76
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member

iPads on the table... or iPads we just hit with an SUV?  I'll take the smashed ones please.

• Reply 27 of 76

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

That's Android's turn by turn directions for you! Straight into an Apple Store.

Talk about advertising screwing with search results!

Originally Posted by Rabbit_Coach View Post

????

• Reply 28 of 76
    I'm from Temecula and the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw this was
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal."
  • Reply 29 of 76
    Two great tastes that go great together.
  • Reply 30 of 76

They've been Samsunged!

• Reply 31 of 76
    Stupid name (Equonne...??), stupid criminal, another stupid burden on taxpayers.
  • Reply 32 of 76

Must be an old BMW - the new ones all have run-flat tires and no spare.

• Reply 33 of 76
    It was his own car. hahahahaha

"That's what's so great about crack! You feel like you can do annnnnythinggggg!"
  • Reply 34 of 76
    Just another Apple hater. He must really hate the iPhone 5.
  • Reply 35 of 76

Quote:

Originally Posted by mstone View Post

I'm sure the BMW was stolen so what do they care about a luxury car vs. a utility vehicle. But yeah the Suburban would never get stuck like that BMW.

As inexpensive as disk storage is these days I'm always surprised how poor the video quality is in these surveillance cameras. They should be capturing full 1080 HD. It would make it a lot easier to id the bad guys.

They wouldn't have gone back to retrieve the license plate if the car were stolen.  So they were just plain stupid to trash their own car for a few display phones and pads.

I do wonder what that store front was made of, that it could keep bouncing the car back into the store repeatedly, after letting said car in in the first place.

• Reply 36 of 76

"Whatever happened to inconspicuous?" - Roy Scheider in "Blue Thunder."

• Reply 37 of 76

Originally Posted by bonobob View Post

I do wonder what that store front was made of, that it could keep bouncing the car back into the store repeatedly, after letting said car in in the first place.

Why, it was made of one way glass, of course.

• Reply 38 of 76
    jd_in_sbjd_in_sb Posts: 1,600member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabbit_Coach View Post

Code:

Quote of the day!

• Reply 39 of 76

Idiots. Lowering the bar for everyone.

• Reply 40 of 76

Actually, a funny story from just last night ... 

I was at the Fashion Valley Mall in San Diego last night with my girlfriend doing some shopping, and she said, "Oh, why don't we stop by the Apple Store, and I can have them look at my phone."  We get there (in the early evening) and after about 10 minutes of waiting she looks around with an annoyed look on her face, and says to me "why are there so many people here!?!"  I then told her about the fact Apple had announced new products that morning, but she even commented, "but it's always busy here ... I don't think I've ever seen this place without a ton of people in it."  

After we were done she wanted to stop by Nordstrom to look at scarves ... which took us right through where the Microsoft Store is located.  I thought she knew about it, but as we were walking past she actually said, "Is that another Apple Store ...?" and I replied, "no ... it's a Microsoft Store."  She made this sour looking face and said in a tone of disbelief, "Microsoft has a store!?!"  I nodded.  She then remarked, "but there aren't any people in it ...!"  I looked inside and there were three employees standing around looking like they had absolutely nothing to do, and not a single customer in the store.  I responded, "yep ... that's because it's the Microsoft Store."