Online Apple Store, AT&T site both down as iPhone 5 pre-orders loom

Comments

• Reply 61 of 113

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJRumpy View Post

It's MUCH easier to just order from the Apple Store app. No waiting, no refreshing, and it's fast. Learned that the hard way back wit the iPhone 4.

Ordered my iPhone 5 with a few button clicks.

THAT'S what I did last year. I completely forgot about that. I couldn't get in because both sites kept crashing, so I tried the mobile app and was done in minutes.

• Reply 62 of 113

I got my order in on AT&T at about 11:50 luckily, because now the site is down now. 

• Reply 63 of 113

0:20 PDT and apple is still down.  Verizon accepted a *new* line order for my wife (xfer from AT&T) but AT&T is still stuck on upgrade verification.  Same AT&T error.

• Reply 64 of 113

Launch time was Friday 5pm in Sydney. I had an alarm set to remind myself, switched to the Apple Store App on my current iPhone and was finished in about 30 seconds. Way to drop $999 in a hurry, and definitely beat queueing up next week.

• Reply 65 of 113

Yup, both Apple web and Sprint sites are down but using the Apple Store app on my iPad worked just fine :)

• Reply 66 of 113

ATT's site has been stalling and timing out so I went to apple and got my order through.

• Reply 67 of 113

Ordered via Apple site few mins ago, little slow but pretty painless. I think unless you are getting an opening you will see We will be back, that's how they are load balancing. Try the app!

• Reply 68 of 113
    aiaaia Posts: 181member

Quote:

Originally Posted by blkstr360 View Post

Same here... att and apple web site showing down. I was able to use the app with no problem though.

Haha, where were you guys 1/2 an hour ago? Anyways, I'll remember the app for next time (though I didn't have any problems ordering online this time, aside from having to wait an extra 4 minutes for the Apple Store to come online).

• Reply 69 of 113

Quote:

Originally Posted by AIA View Post

One thing I noticed - on the Accessories page, it says the following:

Additional Lightning to 30-pin Adapter

Your iPhone includes a Lightning to 30-pin Adapter for connecting 30-pin accessories to devices featuring the Lightning connector. Purchase this additional adapter to have a second adapter for your home or office.

Is a 30-pin adapter really included, or is this an error? FWIW the "In the box" section does not list it as being included.

I think it's just worded oddly, as I haven't heard anything about an adapter being included with the phones themselves. Would be nice, as that would save me 30 bucks, but oh well. My fault for buying a car with a hardwired OEM connector.

• Reply 70 of 113
    swssws Posts: 44member

FIREFOX PRIVATE BROWSING WORKS FOR APPLE.COM

LOG ONTO TO APPLE.COM IN "PRIVATE BROWSING"

• Reply 71 of 113

that actually worked!  I couldn't find the no contract option though

• Reply 72 of 113
    rob55rob55 Posts: 1,291member

Well I'll be, the Apple store app really did work. But then I just check the store on my MBP and that finally loaded up too. No biggie, got my confirmation email already.

• Reply 73 of 113

Went thru the Apple Store, my first (16 white att) is "reserved".  The second, 32 blk att, went thru.  Need to wait on the reservation email...

• Reply 74 of 113

Quote:

Originally Posted by thataveragejoe View Post

Ordered via Apple site few mins ago, little slow but pretty painless. I think unless you are getting an opening you will see We will be back, that's how they are load balancing. Try the app!

That's strange, my ISP is in Hong Kong and I've had no problems accessing the Apple Store since it came back online (albeit 4 minutes later than scheduled).

• Reply 75 of 113
    Still down and it is 02:27 CST. I wonder what the heck is going on.
  • Reply 76 of 113

Quote:

Originally Posted by senator2001 View Post

that actually worked!  I couldn't find the no contract option though

The no-contract option is not available yet in the US.

• Reply 77 of 113

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdsonice View Post

Still down and it is 02:27 CST. I wonder what the heck is going on.

Try clearing your browser cache/cookies or switching to private browsing mode.

• Reply 78 of 113

Just finished . Firefox both Apple and AT&T down. Downloaded app store on the iPhone, right in no problem. Use the App Store for iphone.

• Reply 79 of 113
    recrec Posts: 217member

Done here!  Placed the order through Apple's site, no issues or slow page loading.  Got my confirmation email, smooth sailing so far.  =)

• Reply 80 of 113

Another question - is the pre-ordering really a queue? As in, orders will be processed in the order that we pre-ordered?

Just trying to determine my chances of receiving my "present" on 9/21.