Apple iPhone 5 available for pre-order, some buyers experience issues

Comments

• Reply 21 of 72
    Did my order on my iMac my iPad still said the site was down. AT&T jumped the gun by like a minute. But all done and now in bed . Goodnight
  • Reply 22 of 72

Turn on private browsing if your store is not loading, this will make sure you are loading a fresh page.

• Reply 23 of 72

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duo View Post

I've been refreshing for the past 27 minutes till I read your post and am now in the process of pre-ordering from my iPad!

Ditto!  iPad to the rescue!!

• Reply 24 of 72
    Try turning on private mode in Safari and then refresh the apple store if you are still seeing the "we'll be back" sign.
  • Reply 25 of 72

i used the apple store app on my iphone it worked

• Reply 26 of 72
    duoduo Posts: 26member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seankill View Post

You are welcome lol

Is there anyway to have your preorder shipped to another address, other than the address connected with your billing?

I don't know if it's still possible, but when I ordered my 3GS I had it sent to my place of work. Got it before 10AM too! 

• Reply 27 of 72
    You have to use Safari. Firefox & Chrome does not work right with Apple.com. But I got my 64gb black ordered in three minutes.
  • Reply 28 of 72

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linkstheshiz View Post

Turn on private browsing if your store is not loading, this will make sure you are loading a fresh page.

Huh.  That actually works.  Cool.

• Reply 29 of 72

I was in the second it went live and my black 32GB iPhone 5 has been ordered. No problems, whatsoever. 

• Reply 30 of 72
    nhtnht Posts: 4,522member

store is up but just finished order on iphone.

• Reply 31 of 72

Can I have a phone sent to my son at another address than my own?

• Reply 32 of 72
    order is in. had apple store app, apple website and at&t website open in safari on my iPad. the at&t site had this countdown running towards 12:00am PST to start their preorder process for the iPhone5 on their site. at&t's web site actually went live [B]BEFORE[/B] midnite! my order/upgrade went fast + smooth, and i was done a few minutes after midnight —my confirmation eMail arriving shortly after order completion has a 12:05am time stamp! (all the while the apple website/apple store app still had the 'we're right back' note showing)
    na, that was easy...
  • Reply 33 of 72

Tried to order from my direct account but it didn't go through.

Unluckily I did get a message saying that my legacy unlimited data plan was now canceled.

I'm not sure what use there was in upgrading a phone that can only be used for full video 23 seconds per day on the $50 per month data plan.

• Reply 33 of 72
    Here's the deal ... If you have a new iPad then you will not be able to get through to the apple store ... If you have an iPad 2 .... Your golden. I ordered mine through iPad 2 with no issues ... I tried through iPad 3 with no luck. It may have something to do with the older version ... Not sure what or why. But thats what I found when I has them both up at the same time. I even went in several more times on my iPad 3 and nodda ... I then got back on my iPad 2 and I get in every time.
  • Reply 35 of 72

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seankill View Post

You are welcome lol

Is there anyway to have your preorder shipped to another address, other than the address connected with your billing?

I have always had my stuff shipped to work rather than home as FedEx is a little... unreliable at my home address. This time the Apple Store app on my phone wouldn't let me change the address, so I switched to the computer. That wouldn't let me change the address either. I couldn't find any way to have it shipped to work.

Guess I just have to hope the delivery gods are smiling on my home next Friday.

• Reply 36 of 72
    AT&T site took a big shit.

ISP died

Connected iPad3 to iPhone tether, and used the Apple site.

Worked great. Pre-order done. Now comes the week long waiting game.
  • Reply 37 of 72

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duo View Post

I don't know if it's still possible, but when I ordered my 3GS I had it sent to my place of work. Got it before 10AM too! 

how did you do that? the apple store doesnt appear to let me?

did you use your carrier?

• Reply 38 of 72

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkswb View Post

First!!! (to preorder) image

I dunno. Order acknowledged 1 minute after go-live (note, that's one minute past five in the afternoon in Sydney).

• Reply 39 of 72
    [RIGHT]Tip: Use the Apple Store app on your iPhone, instead of Apple's website. 8~)>[/RIGHT]
  • Reply 40 of 72

Quote:

Originally Posted by iButterfingers View Post

Here's the deal ... If you have a new iPad then you will not be able to get through to the apple store ... If you have an iPad 2 .... Your golden. I ordered mine through iPad 2 with no issues ... I tried through iPad 3 with no luck. It may have something to do with the older version ... Not sure what or why. But thats what I found when I has them both up at the same time. I even went in several more times on my iPad 3 and nodda ... I then got back on my iPad 2 and I get in every time.

thats crazy and wrong i got through on the new ipad... u needed to go through the iOS app