Online Apple Store, AT&T site both down as iPhone 5 pre-orders loom

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 113
    swssws Posts: 44member
    WOW. IPHONE 5 HAS BEEN PUSHED BACK TO TWO WEEK SHIPPING TIMES!

WE SURE HIT THEM HARD AS HELL. I HAVE NEVER SEEN THAT HAPPEN SO QUICKLY. MINE WILL BE HERE THE 21st THANK JEBUS!!!
  • Reply 102 of 113
    recrec Posts: 217member

I do mac/pc/ios game development so I purchase these things with my company profits.

• Reply 103 of 113
    recrec Posts: 217member

Quote:

Originally Posted by SWS View Post

WOW. IPHONE 5 HAS BEEN PUSHED BACK TO TWO WEEK SHIPPING TIMES!

WE SURE HIT THEM HARD AS HELL. I HAVE NEVER SEEN THAT HAPPEN SO QUICKLY. MINE WILL BE HERE THE 21st THANK JEBUS!!!

that was fast.

• Reply 104 of 113

Quote:

Originally Posted by AIA View Post

I was thinking that some luxury cars might have a dedicated iPhone dock - but I wouldn't know as I don't drive one. If it's just a wired connector then it's not too bad.

Sorry to hear about your wife's side view mirror. Sounds like the doing of some drunk college students... oh the memories!

Yeah it's my wife's Audi. The cable has this proprietary connector on one end, and a dock connector on the other. Conversely, my F-150 just has a USB port that I can plug my iPhone or a USB drive loaded with songs onto, so I'm good with just an extra cable which I ordered along with the new phone. One in the truck, one in the house.

And I think that's pretty much what happened. It was just a casual act of "F you," probably by some kids as it happened around graduation time, but thankfully wasn't too expensive to fix. I went down to a wrecker yard that had a pancaked A6 that was just like my wife's, except red, paid them 150 for the mirror, bought 20 bucks worth of color-matched paint + clearcoat from Pep Boys, and that was that.

• Reply 105 of 113

Wow... it was hours before shipping was pushed back with the 4S launch. Either supply is being tightly constrained, or they just sold one buttload of phones in a hurry.

• Reply 106 of 113
    aiaaia Posts: 181member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cash907 View Post

If I recall correctly, all orders placed before noon EST Friday of last year all earned first day delivery, and even some shortly after that. Everything else was a day to a week behind. Considering you ordered yours within the first half hour of availability, I'm pretty confident you'll be seeing a small brown box on your doorstep in a week.

Both the US and Canada stores are now showing delivery as 2 weeks! Given the fast international rollout, I doubt this time it's because of supply issues. It looks like Apple is off to another record-breaking release.

• Reply 107 of 113

Quote:

Wow... it was hours before shipping was pushed back with the 4S launch. Either supply is being tightly constrained, or they just sold one buttload of phones in a hurry.

I have a feeling it's the latter!

• Reply 108 of 113

Quote:

I have a feeling it's the latter!

Probably. Good on them. This ought to result in a nice bump in their stock price tomorrow.

• Reply 109 of 113

Quote:

Yeah it's my wife's Audi. The cable has this proprietary connector on one end, and a dock connector on the other. Conversely, my F-150 just has a USB port that I can plug my iPhone or a USB drive loaded with songs onto, so I'm good with just an extra cable which I ordered along with the new phone. One in the truck, one in the house.

And I think that's pretty much what happened. It was just a casual act of "F you," probably by some kids as it happened around graduation time, but thankfully wasn't too expensive to fix. I went down to a wrecker yard that had a pancaked A6 that was just like my wife's, except red, paid them 150 for the mirror, bought 20 bucks worth of color-matched paint + clearcoat from Pep Boys, and that was that.

Audi will most likely come out with a new cable that has the Lightning connector, though it will probably cost you an arm and 2 legs.

And in case someone misreads my last reply, just to set the record straight I have never vandalized anyone's property. The "worst" we ever did was set a small Christmas tree on fire outside of my friend's dormitory - we were actually a bit stunned by how quickly it went up in flames. We didn't have much time to admire our work as a sober neighbour quickly came out and put out the fire.

• Reply 110 of 113

Quote:

Originally Posted by SWS View Post

Yep. I hear ya. I dropped 684 after tax.

And even though I really have no use for it, since I use the new iPad for most of my net browsing and my iMac for more involved stuff, I am slowly convincing myself the retina MacBook pro should be my next buy.

I am very tempted by the rMBP! I don't really need mobility, but I really want that display.

• Reply 111 of 113

Quote:

Probably. Good on them. This ought to result in a nice bump in their stock price tomorrow.

True, and this is probably why I don't feel guilty at all about spending this much money on their gadgets.

• Reply 112 of 113

Anybody have insight as to why on AT&T order confirmation one of the feature lines says, 

-Data Unlimited for iPhone on 4G LTE without Visual Voicemail

$30.00
  • Reply 113 of 113

Quote:

Interesting, my order says "Delivers 9/21-9/25" though I ordered though the Apple Canada store (and the iPhones will be delivered to a Canadian address). Anyways, as long as it gets delivered that week I'll be ok.

Your note about the order not being cancellable intrigued me so I checked my order and it says the same ("Not eligible to edit or cancel"). However, when I click on the "Why?" it explains that we will be able to edit/cancel the order once they begin processing it.

Good point about waiting too long and missing out. If I do end up changing my mind I could resell these easily (and not lose money).

My order status is now "Preparing for Shipment" - yay! The delivery date is still the same, however.