Is the new iPhone screen scratch resistant?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I haven so cought up in the, I want ... I want .... I want, that I didn't even care to check out all the specs. I was hoping I wouldn't have to buy a screen protector and was sure that Apple would be using Garrilla Glass 2. Nowhere on their website does it state anything other than "Finger Print Resistant"
Also, what ever happened to liguipel or HZO?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3

You can run your keys across the first iPhone's screen, pushing hard, and nothing will happen.

I imagine in the five year interim it has gotten even better.

• Reply 2 of 3
    You can run your keys across the first iPhone's screen, pushing hard, and nothing will happen.

Normally I would agree, but here the thing, they have moved to a new all Iona glass touch design. Not sure what that means for the scratch resistance of this new phone, but you would think they would put that as a bullet point towards the specs.
  • Reply 3 of 3

Quote:

Originally Posted by iButterfingers View Post

Normally I would agree, but here the thing, they have moved to a new all Iona glass touch design. Not sure what that means for the scratch resistance of this new phone, but you would think they would put that as a bullet point towards the specs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by iButterfingers View Post

I've been super curious about this too, especially since it will effect my decision-making on the type of case I buy.  This would have me thinking that either they figure high quality scratch resistance is so standard that it's not a bullet point to note anymore or that the new glass has gone backwards and is no longer at the level of scratch resistance previously seen.  Of course that's still a non-answer.  Blah.