Apple:

Aluminum and Glass
    Will probably get updates for the next three to four years
    Airplay
    iCloud
  • Reply 22 of 277

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Perhaps they can't show iOS in their ads.

I notice also that they do not credit the terms iOS, iPhone, or Siri to Apple in the fine print. Is that legal?

That may be true. I think they could have shown the lock screen or put a Flower or any picture on the screen. You know they could have used the white iPhone to compare with.

• Reply 23 of 277

Quote:

Originally Posted by macminiwii View Post

They are only showing a small section of the iPhone and with the screen off. I guess they don't want people to compare the Retina Display vs their HD screen. Its funny how the GS III has more visible phone showing and the iPhone is cropped more.  

When i first saw this post, i said "damn that iPhone looks so bad ass stealthy"  

• Reply 24 of 277
    macminiwii wrote: »
    They are only showing a small section of the iPhone and with the screen off. I guess they don't want people to compare the Retina Display vs their HD screen. Its funny how the GS III has more visible phone showing and the iPhone is cropped more.  

Not surprising that it's cropped. The iPhone screen on showing Springboard would only remind people of the compelling user experience Apple has pioneered, in addition to the beautiful high color saturation retina display. Samsung's ad had managed to reduce the iPhone 5 into a shopping list of components. So if you're in the market for a big list components, Samsung has you covered. If you're in the market for The iPhone Experience, Samsung can't deliver. It's probably why the screen on the iPhone is off. Also, where would their marketing people get a working iPhone 5 that is fully assembled? It's either a pre-announcement prop, a photoshop of something official, or (outside chance) the real thing.
  • Reply 25 of 277

Originally Posted by macminiwii View Post

That may be true. I think they could have shown the lock screen or put a Flower or any picture on the screen. You know they could have used the white iPhone to compare with.

Ah, but by making their phone white and the competitor's black, theirs pops out of the advertisement more and catches attention.

… That's the only intelligent thing marketing-wise they seem to have done here.

• Reply 26 of 277
    I notice also that they do not credit the terms iOS, iPhone, or Siri to Apple in the fine print. Is that legal?

Somehow, I doubt that would stop them.
  • Reply 27 of 277
    I love how they take the one feature that more or less determines a majority of what you experience with the phone (that is, the OS) as bury it as far down the list as possible.

You could maybe sell me on that phone if not for the presence of Android. Been there, done that. Never again.
  • Reply 28 of 277

Quote:

Samsung: "I will make it legal."

• Reply 29 of 277
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    ktappe wrote: »
    Samsung just keeps on being obnoxious. (I'm not saying the iPhone 5 is the end-all be-all phone, but this ad is definitely deceptive.)
    What I cannot tell is how many buyers this will fool.

That's the standard Android nonsense. They are incapable of discussing actual benefits or quality, so they simply resort to a list of specs. For example, by all reports, the Apple screen is significantly better than the Samsung one - but they use marketing hype to make it sound like the Samsung screen is better. Similarly, they act like their 2 GB of RAM is better than Apple's 1 GB - yet in the past, Apple's phones have regularly outperformed phones even with better specs.

They still don't get it. It's not about a list of features. It's about quality, the ecosystem, and what you can do with the phone.
    Perhaps they can't show iOS in their ads.

Actually, you can - under at least some circumstances. You can photograph any item that is available to the public. The problem is that this phone is not available to the public yet, so they could only show a simulated picture. Even that is OK under some circumstances. They clearly didn't want to do it - because the intent of the ad is to try to belittle Apple's phone. Apparently, they decided that the only way their phone was better was if the Apple phone was turned off.

No, it's not. Registered trademarks must be recognized. But when did Samsung ever shy from a little trademark infringement?

It's a demonstration of their incredible arrogance and belief that they're above the law. You'd have thought that a billion dollar penalty would have made them pay at least a little attention to US law.
  • Reply 30 of 277

Originally Posted by inkswamp View Post

Apple is Naboo, Samsung is the Trade Federation (because of manufacturing), and the Emperor puppeteering the feeble, subservient Federation is Google.

• Reply 31 of 277
    xrcxxrcx Posts: 117member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shidell View Post

Don't you have some adapters to be ordering? image

Don't you have a corner to be rocking back and forth in?

• Reply 32 of 277

yea but its not $30 a charger and when u already have an an iphone charger or iphone accesories your basically screwed

• Reply 33 of 277

yea but its not $30 a charger and when u already have an an iphone charger or iphone accesories your basically screwed

• Reply 34 of 277

Originally Posted by Randroid View Post

*gets e-mail*

*our spam catching bot has caught some spam*

*clicks link to post*

*looks at username*

*laughs*

I'll bite. In what way would we be screwed?

• Reply 35 of 277
    inkswamp wrote: »

Stop. That is the worst episode ever.
  • Reply 36 of 277

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

Except none of Samsung's "extras" actually matter. 

Where the rubber meets the road:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57398726-37/iphone-again-scores-top-spot-at-customer-satisfaction/

Most recent:

http://mashable.com/2011/09/09/apple-customer-satisfaction-survey/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/briancaulfield/2011/03/18/apples-iphone-tops-jd-power-customer-satisfaction-survey-again/

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/09/08/apple-again-tops-j-d-power-rankings-of-smartphone-consumer-satisfaction/

http://www.tuaw.com/2009/10/09/j-d-power-smartphone-study-ranks-iphone-1-in-customer-satisfac/

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2008/11/iphone-wins-top-business-smartphone-satisfaction-marks/

ScreenShot2012-05-28at75101PM.jpg

This one's interesting:

http://www.loopinsight.com/2012/01/09/iphone-satisfaction-at-75-closest-competitor-at-47/

Apple has consistenly topped rankings of this kind since the first or second year into the iPhone's release. 

EDIT: Correction, *first* year.

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/orchant/iphone-satisfaction-numbers-are-unreal/523

http://seekingalpha.com/article/44709-early-iphone-adopters-extremely-satisfied

No wonder Apple commands over 30% of the US market, with at most 2-3 phones, *all under the same roof.* NO OEMs, NO UNIVERSAL-LICENSING. 

I won't even mention satisfaction rates for iPads, iPods and Macs. It's all the same story across the board. For years now. 

Please, Fandroids can't be bothered with things like reality and facts, don't you know Apple is Doomed and the iphone 5 is a refresh and Samsung lost to a corrupt US justice system over rectangles? /s

• Reply 37 of 277

Quote:

Apple is Naboo, Samsung is the Trade Federation (because of manufacturing), and the Emperor puppeteering the feeble, subservient Federation is Google.

Except in this instance Naboo seems to be soundly crushing the Federation without the aid of the Jedi at all.

• Reply 38 of 277
    randroid wrote: »

I said that when Apple changed their standard power connector from the tension plug to the first MagSafe connector in 2006. Somehow, I think I can survive Lightning too.
  • Reply 39 of 277

i also like how u say they didnt cover key updates in software oops they thought it was standard like it is in on EVERY ANDROID since blackberrys were cool 

facebook integration- seriously its called sync been there done that years ago 

share photo streams- aka bluetooth....

maps - seriously seriously though when u get street view come speak to me

passbook - takes info from google wallet xD

phone - wait u couldnt reply with messages before we did that back when blackberrys were cool

safari - no where close to being as great as chrome 

mail - now making important contact list .... seriously

panorama -htc one x look it up

• Reply 40 of 277

for everyone that owns a powercase or has a dock basically now useless without a converter if it even works or fits