Samsung takes aim at iPhone 5 in new print ad

Comments

• Reply 41 of 277
    Don't you have some perspective to be shoveling?

LL

Click for full size. Because I know that the trolls won't let it stand when I say there are 18 adapters there while the link says "17".

What about the fact that the original iPods had firewire only charging?
  • Reply 42 of 277
    *gets e-mail*
    *our spam catching bot has caught some spam*
    *clicks link to post*
    *looks at username*
    *laughs*

I'll bite. In what way would we be screwed?

Screwed because they already got legacy 30-pin cables and now they have to buy new cables. Apparently, people around the world stand in long lines at Apple Stores because they save money on not having to buy new Dock Connector cables, not to because the iPhone is awesome.
  • Reply 43 of 277
    Geez! Samsung will never stop trying.
    Copycat and liar.
  • Reply 44 of 277

Originally Posted by Randroid View Post

Originally Posted by Randroid View Post

other post

Hey, Randy? Give up now. No one cares about your lies. And we already have 30+ trolls here ready to spew them.

• Reply 45 of 277
    I like how they ignore the times for 3G, 4G LTE, and LTE data usage. I also love how the iPhone 5 is neither turned on to show the better UI and is about 25% off the screen to look oddly small.
  • Reply 46 of 277
    anyways to cut into this rather graphic circle jerk and digital fellatio session,

The GS3 is one of the ugliest phones IMO and Touchwhiz is HIDEOUS...that clock font is atrocious and they made their phones look like the retarded aborted child of iOS's parents...God I hate Samsung in that regard.

iPhone 5 is the logical choice IMO. I don't want Samsung to be synonymous with Android.
  • Reply 47 of 277
    I don't want Samsung to be synonymous with Android.

Based on sales and profit it is looking that way.
  • Reply 48 of 277
    randroid wrote: »
    for everyone that owns a powercase or has a dock basically now useless without a converter if it even works or fits

Yeah, and Apple also made the screen bigger so people with power cases or just plain old iPhone 4 cases are similarly "screwed."

Funny how you don't say, gee the iPhone 4S had the same design as the iPhone 4 so I can keep my cases and peripherals! All the fandroids whined about how stale the iPhone 4S design was. Guess Apple is damned if they change anything, damned if they don't.
  • Reply 49 of 277

iPhone: Ships with the latest version of iOS and is supported for at least 2 years with free updates

Sammy: um..(points behind you) look, a shiny object!

• Reply 50 of 277

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakime View Post

Of course they dond't , they use a crappy PenTile screen.

As weird as it sounds, I compared the screen of the Galaxy S III to that of  my 4S in a browser window (same web page) and I could actually read the type on my 4S easier. The Galaxy's screen, though larger, seemed more "yellow" to me and the fonts, though readable, didn't have the same crispness of those on my 4S.

• Reply 51 of 277
    Desperation. Samsung is trying to sell as many units as possible before it's banned in December.
  • Reply 52 of 277

Originally Posted by bdkennedy View Post

Desperation. Samsung is trying to sell as many units as possible before it's banned in December.

They'll be on to the S IV by then.

Interestingly enough, by then they might be bleeding like a phonetic version of that…

• Reply 53 of 277

I'm missing the malwares on the list. It can be an important feature.

• Reply 54 of 277
    undefined
  • Reply 55 of 277
    xrcxxrcx Posts: 117member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randroid View Post

for everyone that owns a powercase or has a dock basically now useless without a converter if it even works or fits

And im sure you are very concerned about this

• Reply 56 of 277

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Yeah, and Apple also made the screen bigger so people with power cases or just plain old iPhone 4 cases are similarly "screwed."

Funny how you don't say, gee the iPhone 4S had the same design as the iPhone 4 so I can keep my cases and peripherals! All the fandroids whined about how stale the iPhone 4S design was. Guess Apple is damned if they change anything, damned if they don't.

As the Android fan dumps his 4.3" "iPhone killer" for the next 4.8" "iPhone killer" and then has to buy a new case for it while he awaits the next "iPhone killer." Talk about playing catch-up.

• Reply 57 of 277
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    randroid wrote: »
    i also like how u say they didnt cover key updates in software oops they thought it was standard like it is in on EVERY ANDROID since blackberrys were cool 

That, of course, is completely divorced from reality. Apple offers iOS updates for their phones for at least 2 years, often 3 years. For Android, OTOH, it is common that even a brand new phone doesn't have any Android upgrades available. Heck, my daughter bought an Android 2.2 phone after ICS was already out and there is no chance that it will ever be upgradeable.

Like so many of the Android 'bragging rights' issues, that's one of the ones that sounds good in theory, but in practice, it stinks.
  • Reply 58 of 277

"in what appears to be a highly subjective comparison" 

hmm, it will be interesting to see how "subjective" phone customers will find features like replaceable batteries and memory cards on the new

Samsung. 

Or, a high resolution display, OR perhaps a phone that doesn't go dead as quickly.  Got stuck in an emergency in the mountains, or somewhere with no power?  Which phone would you want to have?  The iphone with 9 days standby, or the Samsung with 30?  You see, the chances of your phone being fully charged after playing angry birds while gabbing for hours is about nill.  And that's subjective?  I'd be willing to bet that if samsung's near 30 day standby time were an iphone 5 feature, apple fans would gloat about it.   I mean does anyone think they'd not like this on an iphone?  

I think the standard plug is much better approach.  It's a shame that die hard apple fans like tallest skil can't understand that regardless of what adapters were used in the past, the ad is talking about Samsung's newest offering which is standard.  I'd also be willing to bet most of their past ones are also standard.  Yes, there is one plug for the apple, BUT that's so apple can over charge and control the market on plugs.  Just as they do with their batteries which are not changeable without apple's help.  Apple's approach to everything is to try and take over, then make a proprietary plug or format so they can lock everything down in greed, then pretend it's "innovative".  Remember MP3's?  Superior in every way, as a sound engineer I know they are and more convenient if I could not have access to pure data.  Apple changed that format for ONE reason.  To control people and dip into money that artist could maybe have made.  No other company dared to be so controlling, proving it wasn't needed.

That's why apple's initial fanbase were mostly young and naive.  Because mommy and daddy's credit cards weren't far away and their attitude, "who cares".    So again, where is the standard USB power cord that the entire world is pretty much using?  Leave it to apple to take something that's practically ubiquitous and redo it.  I'd rather take a USB cord off another device be forced into apple's. 

Wait a minute.  Isn't the 5S made by the same company that just claimed that Samsung stole their "innovative" new round corners? Seems to me that Apple messed with the wrong company.  I mean, to sue someone over that?  Oh wait, I get it.  If they sue then much of it's credulous fanbase will believe round corners are what make apple so "innovative".  It's sad that they are so proud over something so lame.  Maybe apple should go into the automotive industry and then patent the steering wheel along with round wheels because the others didn't think of doing that.  Toyota, Ford, Gm and others will then need to manufacture this new thing called "the triangle wheel", and mount squares for tires for fear of a lawsuit.  Or they could use octagons.  And this is same one who's slow, over priced computers easily got infected by mac defender, mac flashback and many more, AFTER pretending they were impervious.  Their one supposed advantage and even that failed them.  Yep, I think I'm seeing a pattern here...

• Reply 59 of 277
    moonskate wrote: »
    "in what appears to be a highly subjective comparison" 

hmm, it will be interesting to see how "subjective" phone customers will find features like replaceable batteries and memory cards on the new

[...] one supposed advantage and even that failed them.  Yep, I think I'm seeing a pattern here...

Funny stuff. If only you'd meant this as humor, you'd be a comedic genius.

Oh well, here's hoping I'm not stuck in the mountains any time soon! :D
  • Reply 60 of 277

thanks it was meant to be slightly humorous, except the sad part is much of it's real.  I can't do much about that :-)   Oh, and that was part of the bait as I can't imagine an iphone fan not enjoying longer battery life irrespective of what it's used for.    That said, I figured that a die hard apple fan would look for what appeared to be a weak point and comment on that, leaving behind the other glaring disadvantages in the iphone ...  That in itself is what I find humorous.  Thanks :-)