First iPhone 5 reportedly unboxed, packaging similar to iPhone 4S

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 35
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    bluefish86 wrote: »
    Not only is Apple copying the packaging material, they're copying the idea of copying their competitors!

I wonder just how redundant we can make this?
  • Reply 22 of 35
    gazoobee wrote: »
    This is lame even in the context of lame articles the repeat things from other sites.  "Reportedly unboxed?"  "Packaging similar"????

Who'd a thunk it eh?  :rolleyes:

No, no, no! You're missing the point! This is important. It's the pre visualized conception of what the unpackaging will actually be like. Without that, how can we know what to expect?

I mean, get real!
  • Reply 23 of 35
    It's either an example of recursive humor, a conceptual Gordian Knot or a loving tribute to the Worm of Ourbouros... Have you seen the movie, "Synecdoche, New York"?

Not only have I never seen it. I've never heard of it! Is that a good thing, or a bad thing?
  • Reply 24 of 35
    allenbf wrote: »
    Do you suggest a rectangle with rounded corners?

It should be a rounded rectangle with squared off corners.
  • Reply 25 of 35

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill42 View Post

Apple really needs to reinvent the box. They are clearly not leaders anymore, since they are still using the same old rectangular cardboard boxes. THey have lost their edge.

No, it appears they kept all the edges.

Opening an Apple package is always a fun experience, although it's about two seconds and a few snapshots, and then there is something much better waiting, the product!  Move along people, move along.

• Reply 26 of 35
    Why are both of those phones so dirty? I was thinking about going back to black but after seeing that picture I need to see both in person.
  • Reply 27 of 35
    So what, who cares, it's just a packaging.
  • Reply 28 of 35
    wovelwovel Posts: 956member
    rodent wrote: »

I really appreciate the effort Apple puts into the packaging. I think the pictures and videos that we will be blasted with for the next week or two are just creepy and weird.
  • Reply 29 of 35
    wovelwovel Posts: 956member
    tobiwan wrote: »
    Why are both of those phones so dirty? I was thinking about going back to black but after seeing that picture I need to see both in person.

I think (think) it is a combination of things.

1. The the plastic is still on the 5
    2. The "handler" was eating pizza while un-boxing
    3. No napkins exist in the place these pictures were taken
  • Reply 30 of 35

Originally Posted by Rodent View Post

Yeah, you've only seen Apple in the last 2-3 years, haven't you? Never experienced a classic unboxing, eh?

• Reply 31 of 35

Oh my God, can you all shut up about Samsung already? This is Apple Insider... APPLE, not Samsung. Yes, we get it, ha ha, now move on because the joke is old and done.

You're worse than a bunch of Atheists, that don't believe in religion, but still manage to do nothing but flippin' talk about it nonstop.

• Reply 32 of 35
    gazoobee wrote: »
    This is lame even in the context of lame articles the repeat things from other sites.  "Reportedly unboxed?"  "Packaging similar"????

Who'd a thunk it eh?  :rolleyes:

I'm still gnashing my teeth at the use of the term "colorway". Pretentious even for AI.
  • Reply 33 of 35
    Darn it #1: AI not showing how thick the package is, only a photo from the top.

Darn it #2: if Apple wants to emphasize on the thinness of the TNI (The New iPhone) they could've packed the phone next to the peripherals, as opposed putting it on top of each other. That would make the box really flat.
  • Reply 34 of 35
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    cash907 wrote: »
    Oh my God, can you all shut up about Samsung already? This is Apple Insider... APPLE, not Samsung. Yes, we get it, ha ha, now move on because the joke is old and done.
    You're worse than a bunch of Atheists, that don't believe in religion, but still manage to do nothing but flippin' talk about it nonstop.

Funny analogy and spot on. Lol
  • Reply 35 of 35

Gawd no kidding, this ain't about another phone or OS, I agree, shut the hell up.