Choosing a monitor

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014

Any input on a nice sized (22-27") monitor under $200 for my 13' MacBook Air? My two choices I'm looking at right now which are hard to choose between are this Asus VS239H-P and this AOC I2353PH. I'm coming from a 21.5" 2011 iMac, so I liked the idea of an IPS display. Anyone have any experience or input? I'd be willing to consider other monitors as well.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member

What about Samsung or Dell monitors.Both are good .

• Reply 2 of 12

From the two that you listed, I would go for the Asus. I decided to go with Samsung E1920X instead since I know that what Samsung do best is screens.

• Reply 3 of 12

What about the brand called Viewsonic they make a good monitor.

• Reply 4 of 12
    evokenevoken Posts: 56member

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

What about the brand called Viewsonic they make a good monitor.

I have a 24 inch Viewsonic and it is fantastic. It is 1080p, has HDMI, DVI and VGA output and sound. It is also a bargain, I got it when it was at 190 bucks, here it is at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/ViewSonic-VX2439WM-24-Inch-Monitor-features/dp/B003FO68ZE/ref=sr_1_23?ie=UTF8&qid=1344985706&sr=8-23&keywords=24+inch+viewsonic

Highly recommended.

• Reply 5 of 12

Good choice I have Samsung also no problems so far.

• Reply 6 of 12
    I was looking for something bigger than the Samsung, but better than the Viewsonic. 22-24 inch with IPS for under $200. I think I may go with the Asus.
  • Reply 7 of 12

Samsung has better monitors also. Try Dell it is decent also.

• Reply 8 of 12

My office also using viewsonic for 3 years, everything is ok and all of us happy about it.

• Reply 9 of 12

What about Samsung they make good monitors and have good quality control with their products.

• Reply 10 of 12

You should go for Samsung. I had a bad experience with AOC Monitor image

• Reply 11 of 12

AOC is a mediocre brand period. Quality control not very good either.

• Reply 12 of 12
    winterwinter Posts: 1,238member
    I know this might seem like an oxymoron if I'm looking for the best, though what is the least expensive "best" NEC monitor. Their brand intrigues me.