First Apple iPhone 5 orders now shipping from China

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 88
    Apple has become very strict with their release dates. Even the case makers are following the same rules. It's extremely hard to get an iPhone 5 case from any of the major companies. I called a few today and most aren't shipping or making them available on their sites until 9/21. Some will let you pre order but they won't ship until 9/21. I would've loved to have a case for my phone ahead of time so I wouldn't have to worry about accidental damage. AT&T claims they will have a selection of cases in their stores on release day. However, I pre ordered my iPhone to avoid the lines at the stores.
  • Reply 82 of 88
    If you want a case early amazon has iPhone 5 cases
  • Reply 83 of 88
    If you want a case early amazon has iPhone 5 cases
  • Reply 84 of 88

I used to work for Fedex. UPS absolutely has a hold until 9/21 delivery. They can and will hold anything at the hub until they are supposed to deliver it. They will not put it out for sorting until that delivery day.

• Reply 85 of 88
    I'm confused ... I too used my cell # as my reference # and this is what I got. But the funny thing is, the origin was the US. How is that possible? Are there some that are made right here in the USA, or we're they part of a first batch that were already here prior to the announcement last week?

Location Date Local Time Activity
    Louisville, KY, United States 09/18/2012 10:00 A.M. Arrival Scan
    Nashville, TN, United States 09/17/2012 3:06 P.M. Departure Scan
    Nashville, TN, United States 09/16/2012 2:43 P.M. Origin Scan
    United States 09/17/2012 1:15 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS
  • Reply 86 of 88
    Finally got my "your delivery has shipped" email from Apple. And now when I check the shipping status it has changed from end of day Friday to 10:30 AM Friday! UPS never delivers to my neighborhood that early. They must really be planning a ramped-up effort for these early shipments.
  • Reply 87 of 88

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kermit262 View Post

Finally got my "your delivery has shipped" email from Apple. And now when I check the shipping status it has changed from end of day Friday to 10:30 AM Friday! UPS never delivers to my neighborhood that early. They must really be planning a ramped-up effort for these early shipments.

Same here.  However, my second phone says by 3:00 PM (or end of the day for residential deliveries).  One of my phones came from China, the other from TN.  ???

• Reply 88 of 88

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason98 View Post

Someone explain me please, why things like iPhone can't be assembled on automated factories, here in the US. It's like in the "Campaign" movie, Apple could save a lot on shipment costs. :-)

They would only save on shipment costs to the USA, and Apple is now a world consumer supplier. 

There are MANY OTHER countries Apple is actually saving more on shipment costs for, due to being centrally located in China, such as europe, australia, africa......

That does not mean the savings in shipment cost is being reflected in the pricing of those regions, as has been obviously stated by those that pay much more for Apple products there than we do here in the USA, however it does mean they get their stuff sooner than we get ours.