Apple launches iOS 6 for iPhone, iPad & iPod touch

Comments

• Reply 61 of 148

Quote:

Originally Posted by lalaruza View Post

it was available at 945 am for me, but i couldn't upgrade as I didn't have enough space on my phone, now trying to clear it up so I can upgrade... uggg

hope this/can help:

How to Recover Storage Claimed by “Other” on the iPhone

http://blog.andrewwei.mu/?p=288

• Reply 62 of 148

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

There is none I believe.

Maybe Apple thinks that people walk around with an iPhone in their pocket instead of an iPad? Or maybe it's like SIRI, and passbook will eventually be released for the iPad, but just not yet.

OK. I'm using Siri  for the first time. liking it. Have to get used to her now. 

• Reply 63 of 148

Dang I need to clear up 2.4 GB on my iPhone 4 and clear 2.7 GB on my third-gen iPad. Both of which are completely full

• Reply 64 of 148

Finished installing on my iPhone 4 over CIBC's free wifi. lol.  It's rebooting now :)  Took about an hour.

• Reply 65 of 148
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    Lovin' the new maps on the RetinaPad.

Safari loads pages tons faster.

Lolled@Bing being listed automatically in bookmarks. Don't tell me Apple isn't sticking it to Google for everything that's happened in the past few years.

Apple, thank you for making Christmas multiple times per year!
  • Reply 66 of 148
    Has anyone used the new maps by any chance? I am on iphone 4 and if the new maps is not so good, I may have to stay on ios 5!
  • Reply 67 of 148

• Reply 68 of 148

Many thanks!

• Reply 69 of 148

Apple server is a bit slow..... to say the least. :)  Had problem signing on to iCloud for a while and iTunes has problem too. 

• Reply 70 of 148
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    lalaruza wrote: »
    LL

Now I have to decide if I want to go through the bother. I had to jailbreak my 4S to work properly with Straight Talk (MMS). Upgrading to 6.0 means backing up, restoring the OS, upgrading, restoring my data, jailbreaking, and futzing around with Straight Talk settings. Not sure it's worth the bother.
  • Reply 71 of 148
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,015member

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

I doubt I'm going to upgrade just yet. My 5 is on order and my iPhone 4 prob doesn't have the space anyway.

iPod touch worked well.  not enough space on iPhone.  Probably will just wait.   

• Reply 72 of 148
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTR View Post

Lovin' the new maps on the RetinaPad.

Are you just using the regular Maps app?

I'm on that app, but I don't see any flyover option, I just see a 3D button. I want to see 3D buildings of my city and be able to do a flyover.

• Reply 73 of 148
    What about Youtube on iPad?

Google released a official Youtube app for iPhone last week but none for iPad yet. If I upgrade my iPad to iOS6 will I loose access to Youtube?

Thanks.
  • Reply 74 of 148

Apple announces it today, and I can get it right now (I checked, but I'm out of space on my phone, my fault)

On my Galaxy Nexus, the story goes: Bought the G-Nex earlier this year because it is a Google phone, supposed to be the first to get updates. Jelly Bean is announced in July and I'm excited. Check for updates every week, but nothing, excitement dwindles. Finally this week it's available. 2.5 months later... WTF. I turn to my boss and tell him I finally got JB and ask if he got it on his Galaxy S2. No luck. Not only that, there's not auto-update in the settings where it's supposed to be..WTF. Will he ever get it? My G-Nex update is "late" because I have a Canadian G-Nex with special firmware so the JB Update comes form Samsung instead of Google. Great, so much for being touted as a Google phone. As much as I'm finally impressed by JB, the wait to get it was such a downer. I want to be objective in forming an opinion on which OS is better right now, but this wait for JB was ridiculous when I was under the impression I bought a Google phone. That said my experience with Android so far is complete bulldung... And for anyone that says I could have rooted and installed stock yakju, forget it. Do you expect every user to root their phone to install a different build in order to get the phone to work as it was supposed to? /rant

• Reply 75 of 148
    The wailing and gnashing of teeth by the ubergeek set is hilarious as ever.

The new dock connector is the End Of Civilized Society, and MicroUSB is ***THE*** perfect and ideal solution for now and FOREVER! Why the Holy European Union demands MicroUSB! What? They said adapters were OK? Er.. who cares?! Thou shalt not deviate from the divine MicroUSB! Follow the shoe- no, wait, follow the gourd!

Oh, but, Apple stuff is still for the sheep. Yeah.

The new map app is a Unparalleled Evil that threatens our Precious Bodily Fluids, of course.

And enough with "MOAR SCREEN" complaints. I have a couple coworkers with big Android phones. Those things are like freaking pizza boxes.
  • Reply 76 of 148
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Are you just using the regular Maps app?

I'm on that app, but I don't see any flyover option, I just see a 3D button. I want to see 3D buildings of my city and be able to do a flyover.

EDIT - I got it to work!

Having my whole city with the 3D buildings looks much better than Google Maps.

• Reply 77 of 148
    icoco3icoco3 Posts: 1,474member

Quote:

Originally Posted by snax007 View Post

What about Youtube on iPad?

Google released a official Youtube app for iPhone last week but none for iPad yet. If I upgrade my iPad to iOS6 will I loose access to Youtube?

Thanks.

Youtube already released their standalone app in the app store.

• Reply 78 of 148
    icoco3 wrote: »
    Youtube already released their standalone app in the app store.

Not for iPad.. as I said.
  • Reply 79 of 148
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    Apple 2 wrote: »
    EDIT - I got it to work!

Having my whole city with the 3D buildings looks much better than Google Maps.

Sorry. Just read your post.

Suffering from iOS Distraction Syndrome.

Yeah, I'm using the standard M(app) - see what I did there?

What did you do to get Flyover working?
  • Reply 80 of 148

Runs perfectly on my 3GS. The new maps feature runs smoothly, and Safari seems like it's either the same or just slightly faster. Navigon GPS is still extremely slow, but it doesn't seem to be any worse than before.