Apple announces iPhone 5 preorders top 2 million in first 24 hours

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 71

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeanSolecki View Post

I guess an observance of reality is asking too much.

So do I. I mean this analyst's statement was far from reality. I wouldn't even use the word vitriolic, rather insane.

The whole story about disappointed public after these keynotes is so childish. You can wish some desired feature on your phone, but as far as you can't make one, shouldn't be whining, shouldn't pretend to have enough knowledge of that profession(s), about the decisions, considering the trade-offs, between price, supply, functionality, efficiency, reliability, future-plans etc. It's different from arguing about the color of any icon in iOS.

It's like criticizing scientists why they haven't found any more successful cure of cancer yet. Try to do it better or... - never mind.

• Reply 62 of 71
    sennensennen Posts: 1,472member
  • Reply 63 of 71

Wait a minute; weren't all the Android shilling pundits at the Verge and elsewhere crying that the iPhone 5 was boring?  

• Reply 64 of 71

Originally Posted by sennen View Post

Apparently the selling out of pre-orders was a stunt:

http://www.theage.com.au/digital-life/mobiles/istunt-apple-iphone-5-sellout-questioned-20120917-261gk.html

I'm genuinely not surprised it's Australia whining about this.

• Reply 65 of 71
    iqatedoiqatedo Posts: 1,822member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

No it isn't, it's a newspaper seeking headlines.  If your sentiment is more general in nature then you do not understand the country very well.

• Reply 66 of 71
    sennensennen Posts: 1,472member

Quote:

Originally Posted by sennen View Post

Apparently the selling out of pre-orders was a stunt:

http://www.theage.com.au/digital-life/mobiles/istunt-apple-iphone-5-sellout-questioned-20120917-261gk.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Hmmm... whilst there's no shortage of anti-Apple material printed in the Fairfax media (who produce The Age and The Sydney Morning Herald, our 2 biggest broadsheets), it doesn't seem much different to what I see in the online tech press worldwide.

• Reply 67 of 71
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,382member
    Pointing out the ridiculous position taken by some of you has no bearing on my opinion of the Apple user in the main. I would guess that MOST Apple enthusiasts don't feel like they're "under attack" from the media, or anyone else, and could look at someone's argument, vitriolic or not, and consider whether or not it was valid, rather than whether or not it hurt their oddly vulnerable sense of self worth.
    I guess having the slightest dignity is an affront to those dispossessed of it by fanaticism. My most sincere apologies.

Anti-Apple articles get more hits than pro Apple ones, there's nothing 'ridiculous', delusional, or insane about aknowledging that reality and why there's a trend of these types of articles. The thing is, these tech analysts, journalists, and bloggers are increasingly disconnected from reality and what average people want, and happens every time theres a new Apple product launch. you dont need to get your panties all twisted because people here point out this repeating pattern. Read this, for example:

http://curiousrat.com/home/2012/9/17/boring.html

See a pattern? These articles aren't neutral, they're highly opinionated and pretty vitriolic. Ad always wrong.
  • Reply 68 of 71

Quote:

Jony  Five:

For iPhone 5 we started with a design that we really loved, but to build it we had to look way into the future.

So, we basically built the iPhone 9, and then worked backwards.

And lemme tell you, once we figure out this numbering system in seven to eight years when the iPhone 9 comes out, it's going to blow your mind.

Amazing. Extraordinary. Revolutionary.

Extramazinarylutioning.

Adjective.

Congratulations to everybody !!

• Reply 69 of 71
    So how are the "majority" of preorders going to be arriving on 9/21? I preordered mine at 8:30am EST...5 1/2 hours after it was made available and it still shows it being delivered October 5th. Did over 1 million people really place their orders that much earlier? I sure as hell wasn't setting my alarm clock for 3 am LOL.
  • Reply 70 of 71

On a completely separate note, the last few days the following ad has been displayed to me when I visit AI.  I kind of hope it never goes away :)

• Reply 71 of 71
    Baaa.