Apple to launch iOS 6 on Wednesday, Sept. 19

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

It's completely possible. It won't be happening.

why is that?

• Reply 22 of 27

Originally Posted by applephil View Post

why is that?

Because they don't want to.

We've seen it work on the iPhone 4, both before Apple bought the company and after via jailbreak. The iPhone 4 will never get Siri.

• Reply 23 of 27
    Hey, guys, did I miss something? Where's YouTube App? O.O
  • Reply 24 of 27

Originally Posted by Andrey View Post

Hey, guys, did I miss something? Where's YouTube App? O.O

I love that in all the hullabaloo about Maps and how much it "sucks", no one gives a crap that YouTube is also gone. image

• Reply 25 of 27
    [U][/U]Tallest, I have factory GPS on both of our cars, plus maps on iPad kind of pointless while on a phone could useful when visiting places. But why YouTube is gone? I actually prefer app over any browser. It was damn good app. I just checked App Store and there's nothing good. Awwww. Hello hello. This message is written by Siri and I approve it!
  • Reply 26 of 27

Originally Posted by Andrey View Post

But why YouTube is gone?

Same reason Google Maps are no longer preloaded. I agree; Apple's YouTube implementation was darn good, but there's a Google-made app out now (iPhone only). 

You can also go to YouTube.com. Going forward, all I can see in that future is ads, which makes me less likely to ever use YouTube again at all once I get an iOS 6+ device. 

Until then, I'll enjoy my ad-free iOS 5 YouTube app, I guess. And ad-free YouTube on the desktop.

• Reply 27 of 27

iOS is defintely a good addition to the Apple devices which brings lot new along, a good one to try. http://bit.ly/Sy6VZD