Apple 'working hard' to rectify Maps issues, appreciates 'customer feedback'

Comments

• Reply 121 of 259
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

Quote:

Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Yes I tested everything related to the places I frequent in OC and everything was dead on the money location-wise.The ariel photography is a bit lower resolution than before and about a year or two older but it is ok.

The old Google maps app showed vacant land around where my house is, the street view showed a fence, vacant land and was taken from an adjacent street.

The new maps show some of the new houses that have been built but my house is still a vacant block.

Obviously Apple's photo's are newer in this part of the world.

I live in Irvine. My back yard was re-landscaped 2009. The Apple imagery shows the sod removed and only dirt. The Google view shows the full completed landscaping. The street view was very current as well.

• Reply 122 of 259
    hill60 wrote: »
    vaelian wrote: »
    6 years ago I had a Nokia N95 with Nokia Maps, and it could find my street!

After a 15 minute wait to tune in to the satellites.

Ah, the past looks good through rose tinted glasses.

I never said it was perfect; you asked how I lived without maps and I gave you an answer.

By the way, I've just downgraded my iPad3,3 (LTE/GSM) back to iOS 5.1.1. It was perfectly doable for me, Xcode doesn't seem to care.
  • Reply 123 of 259

This made me speechless

source from twitter:

• Reply 124 of 259
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaroonMushroom View Post

For someone like me who was considering an iphone for a future phone, it's a big enough deal for me not to get it.

I don't believe you. As a matter of fact, I think that you're full of crap.

Such bullshit.

It's nothing like the iPhone.

And Apple didn't invent slide to unlock OR auto correct.

GALAXY NEXUS FOR LIFE (with jelly bean!!)

• Reply 125 of 259
    Apple has lost its soul. It had no leader. It has spokespeople now for everything? Typical corporation.

Been Apple customer and fan since 1980.

iOS 6 is a mess. Partially refined and mistakenly refined.
    Maps is a joke. Not even beta but alpha.
    App Store: why break what was fine? Harder to find apps.

And hiring the guy from Dixons is an antithesis to Apple retail.

This is the way big corporations become without a strong leader.

Apple is losing its footing

Hopefully we will have some good competition soon and that will be Microsoft.
  • Reply 126 of 259
    gwmacgwmac Posts: 1,807member

Just read on 9to5mac that Google has already submitted maps to the app store.

To repeat:

Google has submitted their Maps to the Apple app store.

Your guess is as good as mine as to how long it will take for approval. I hope it doesn't take as long as Google voice did. Also curious if features are added like voice turn by turn or any features taken out. 

• Reply 127 of 259

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Such bullshit.

It's nothing like the iPhone.

And Apple didn't invent slide to unlock OR auto correct.

GALAXY NEXUS FOR LIFE (with jelly bean!!)

I don't even know what you're talking about anymore. 

• Reply 128 of 259

Originally Posted by pfisher View Post

Apple has lost its soul. It had no leader. It has spokespeople now for everything? Typical corporation.

Been Apple customer and fan since 1989.

YEAH, APPLE SURE NEVER HAD ANYONE BUT STEVE JOBS TALK TO THE PRESS OR MAKE STATEMENTS WHEN HE WAS ALIVE. HE WOULD HAVE NEVER STOOD FOR THIS.

What is wrong with people?

• Reply 129 of 259
    drfreeman wrote: »
    This made me speechless

LL

source from twitter:

http://t.co/KAQ7qcKz

LOL Love it!
  • Reply 130 of 259
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

Quote:

I don't even know what you're talking about anymore. 

It's not my fault that your memory is apparently poor. That's your words from one of your own posts.

http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/151011/apple-wins-injunction-against-samsung-galaxy-nexus-smartphone/360

• Reply 131 of 259
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,192member

Quote:

It's not my fault that your memory is apparently poor. That's your words from one of your own posts.

http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/151011/apple-wins-injunction-against-samsung-galaxy-nexus-smartphone/360

Ha-ha! Good one. Anonymity can't disguise stupidity.

• Reply 132 of 259

Quote:

And I'm sure you don't remember all 2,695 of your comments. 

As for my comment, that still stands. The injunction against the Galaxy Nexus was overturned last I checked.

• Reply 133 of 259

And I'm sure you don't remember all 2,695 of your comments. 

As for my comment, that still stands. The injunction against the Galaxy Nexus was overturned last I checked.

Well, you've entirely missed his point. Whether it's intentional or otherwise will be left to others to figure out.

Your original statement, however, is total crap, based in nothing.

• Reply 134 of 259
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    quadra 610 wrote: »
    Bottom line:

Apple released an app that doesn't work the way it's supposed to, but have marketed it to give the impression of the contrary, and on top of that, have taken away all means for the consumer to go back to what they had before.

I'm not sure in what galaxy the Apple I know would have found this acceptable.

And yes, I'll say it: Steve would never have let this thing see the light of day in its current state. This screw-up definitely calls for some terminations at Apple. 
    Bye bye Scott Forstall. Maps are a disaster, Siri is still a joke. And Passbook is what exactly? Will most people even know how to use it?
  • Reply 135 of 259

If I can help Apple improve Maps by driving around, I'll sit behind the wheel day and night!... Seriously, though, this is getting blown out of proportion. 'Antennagate' anyone? 'iPad' sounds too much like a female hygiene product? 'Moto Q will do music, will do email, will do web, who needs a phone that does not have a keyboard?!'

Anytime Apple is just not absolutely, magnificently perfect, it's a reason to execute them. Grow up, complainers.

• Reply 136 of 259

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Bye bye Scott Forstall. Maps are a disaster, Siri is still a joke. And Passbook is what exactly? Will most people even know how to use it?

I don't see the problem with Passbook. It's better than having a separate app for each loyalty card / gift card etc

It would be more useful w/ NFC payments but that could happen with the 5S, who knows?

• Reply 137 of 259

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

You should really use the sarcasm tag.

• Reply 138 of 259
    Everyone knows there will be improvements from Apple but you don't replace a 10 years product with one which is only usable about 10%. You only replace it when you are CLOSER to your competitor.

Users are not just US of A only. It's the whole world.

Yes we can rant all we want but Apple won't bring back Google Maps for sure. Once they decide on it, they won't U-Turn back.

I am glad I have iPad and 3Gs to rely on for now.......for mapping services.

Bus transit is NON existent at the moment which is totally useless to me. Not everyone owns a car on this planet although Apple Maps is leaning towards to car drivers for now.
  • Reply 139 of 259
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    You should really use the sarcasm tag.
    I do when I'm actually being sarcastic. -;)
  • Reply 140 of 259

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macncheez View Post

Anytime Apple is just not absolutely, magnificently perfect, it's a reason to execute them. Grow up, complainers.

It's not about that though. 

It's about Apple being selfish and putting the company before their users over a cat fight / competition with Google. Which they usually do NOT do. 

There are others ways they could have gone about this. Such as releasing Apple's maps as an opt-in service so they can crowd source the data while at the same time have something stable, reliable, and full featured for the rest of the public to use.

Win-win.