Standing on the shoulders of (dead) giants

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
What do Timmy Cook and David Grohl have in common? Answer: they would be nobodys if it were not for Jobs and Cobain respectively.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4

What do trolls and piles of feces have in common?

Nothing. At least you can use the latter for fertilizer.

This is now a joke thread. image

• Reply 2 of 4
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,324moderator
    ray bart wrote:
    What do Timmy Cook and David Grohl have in common? Answer: they would be nobodys if it were not for Jobs and Cobain respectively.

Steve Jobs would be in the same situation if he didn't have a computer to sell back in the 70s and he didn't build that.

Tim Cook doesn't sit in interviews and talk about how great he is at running the company and how Apple wouldn't be half as valuable without him and he could quite easily. The first test of a truly great man is his humility.

While Tim Cook isn't the same kind of person as Steve, he doesn't have to be. His job at Apple is to run the operations and he seems to be doing a hell of a good job.
  • Reply 3 of 4

you are so macho - the global moderator. You must pump yourself up with such a title.

• Reply 4 of 4

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Steve Jobs would be in the same situation if he didn't have a computer to sell back in the 70s and he didn't build that.

Tim Cook doesn't sit in interviews and talk about how great he is at running the company and how Apple wouldn't be half as valuable without him and he could quite easily. The first test of a truly great man is his humility.

While Tim Cook isn't the same kind of person as Steve, he doesn't have to be. His job at Apple is to run the operations and he seems to be doing a hell of a good job.

I respect your response, unlike others who can't respond with something intelligent.

I agree T Cook is not the same as Steve - I believe T Cook is a great businessman but that something more is needed in Steve Jobs' absence and that the tier of senior vice presidents below are not that talented.