Apple 'working hard' to rectify Maps issues, appreciates 'customer feedback'

1789101113»

Comments

• Reply 241 of 259
    vaelian wrote: »
    OK, dude, but don't forget that language evolves! There's also no need to go out of your way to tell me your gender and rough age unless you're looking for something else...
    If I implied, I did not state, and I did not enroll in the program to test anything other than my own code on current and upcoming platforms, be able to run stuff I write that would never get accepted in the App Store on my own devices, and report bugs that prevent my own code from working on those platforms. I did not agree at any point to go out of my way to test Apple software. I Do Not Work For Apple!
    I have code to contribute, that's what developers do.
    What I want is Google Maps back, and we both know that's not gonna happen.
    I don't dispute that (nor do I know what Siri has to do with this argument at all) as I love Siri as well (though you're actually referring to Dictation, not Siri) and use it daily to setup reminders and calendar events.
    If Apple forced anyone to report anything, we'd all be submitting obvious stuff to meet the quota, thus defeating the final goal.

Not here to argue. I'm also not looking for "something else".

I do however love the Urban Dictionary link you provided. Next time I have an issue with a word I might just use the Ebonics dictionary...
  • Reply 242 of 259
    vadania wrote: »
    TROLL!
    I'm calling it!
    TROLL!!!

you pissant, Im not a trowl, I am a #ucking part owner of the company as a subtantial shareholder.
  • Reply 243 of 259
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    I had some trepidation, but I upgraded the iPad. I'm really impressed with how smooth it is. Getting away from raster maps really helps.
  • Reply 244 of 259

Well good on you. Your experience should have been the experience of 99.99% of all upgraders, but we know that is not the case. Forstall is responsible for the FIASCO.

• Reply 245 of 259
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    ray bart wrote: »
    Well good on you. Your experience should have been the experience of 99.99% of all upgraders, but we know that is not the case. Forstall is responsible for the FIASCO.

Don't throw out numbers you can't back up.
  • Reply 246 of 259

Who says that it isn't? Show me 99.9% of comments about Apple's new Maps saying that it's less smooth than the old Maps app. You certainly won't because it's in this area where the new Maps absolutely shines.
  • Reply 247 of 259

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

Don't throw out numbers you can't back up.

Gee you guys are anal. 99.99% was used t make the point that all consumers of new products should not have to expect to encounter the problems that exist with Forstall's foray into mapping. Even if the problem is a lot less, it doesn't matter, Apple has egg on its collective face, Samsun g and Google employees are pissing themselves laughing and the internet is full of anti-apple tirades. Am I one of tose anti-Apple people? No, I'm a part owner of the company who doesn't want the brand tarnished by sub-standard launches of products. I want Forstall to be held accountable.

• Reply 248 of 259

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Who says that it isn't? Show me 99.9% of comments about Apple's new Maps saying that it's less smooth than the old Maps app. You certainly won't because it's in this area where the new Maps absolutely shines.

Gee you guys are anal. 99.99% was used t make the point that all consumers of new products should not have to expect to encounter the problems that exist with Forstall's foray into mapping. Even if the problem is a lot less, it doesn't matter, Apple has egg on its collective face, Samsun g and Google employees are pissing themselves laughing and the internet is full of anti-apple tirades. Am I one of tose anti-Apple people? No, I'm a part owner of the company who doesn't want the brand tarnished by sub-standard launches of products. I want Forstall to be held accountable.

• Reply 249 of 259
    Gee you guys are anal. 99.99% was used t make the point that all consumers of new products should not have to expect to encounter the problems that exist with Forstall's foray into mapping. Even if the problem is a lot less, it doesn't matter, Apple has egg on its collective face, Samsun g and Google employees are pissing themselves laughing and the internet is full of anti-apple tirades. Am I one of tose anti-Apple people? No, I'm a part owner of the company who doesn't want the brand tarnished by sub-standard launches of products. I want Forstall to be held accountable.

The past several months have been a bit chaotic at Apple. There's amazing talent but we can see how Steve Jobs was able to corral it into a sharp stick.
  • Reply 250 of 259
    sr2012 wrote: »
    The past several months have been a bit chaotic at Apple. There's amazing talent but we can see how Steve Jobs was able to corral it into a sharp stick.

good point
  • Reply 251 of 259

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Bart View Post

I read your post as congratulating someone for having a good experience, and 99.99% of upgraders should of had the same experience.

• Reply 252 of 259
    I have tried flyover and there's something about it that really has been nagging at me. I wonder what the parameters they've used to determine where it stops are. I live in Chicago, and noticed the stopped just south of Hyde Park at 63rd St, leaving out over half of the city's South Side, not to mention th south suburbs, while they rendered the whole of the North Side, well into the northern suburb of Evanston. They've rendered a lot of the West Side, and none of East Side. What's up with that?
  • Reply 253 of 259

They should've made the maps app an option in the iOS store and go with Google Maps. However, Google was always free to release it's maps app to iOS store like the youtube app. So... Google may have wanted to make this a moment for them to highlight their Android platform by not releasing a maps app.

• Reply 254 of 259

Originally Posted by AdonisSMU View Post

They should've made the maps app an option in the iOS store and go with Google Maps.

I think the opposite idea—what is happening now—will be far better for the long run.

Originally Posted by WisdomSeed View Post

They've rendered a lot of the West Side, and none of East Side. What's up with that?

It's dangerous over there*. Too scary. image

*I know nothing about the gang/ruffian situation in Chicago.

• Reply 255 of 259
    If they knew the new mapping system was not up to par, they should have labeled the app as "beta" like they did with Siri, and allowed users to keep using the old maps app through an app-store download. It's inexcusable for a smart-phone to have such a faulty mapping facility, especially the iPhone, which should be 'cream of the crop' in all ways.
  • Reply 256 of 259
    graxspoo wrote: »
    If they knew the new mapping system was not up to par, they should have labeled the app as "beta" like they did with Siri, and allowed users to keep using the old maps app through an app-store download. It's inexcusable for a smart-phone to have such a faulty mapping facility, especially the iPhone, which should be 'cream of the crop' in all ways.

It's really weird. Playing with the iOS6 Betas I did think Maps wasn't that great but I thought that either this was because I was in Australia, or that Apple hadn't yet "switched on" the main servers with ostensibly better data (for the USA and the rest of the world).

Well, you gotta trust your instincts. I knew something was fishy with iOS6 Maps, and turns out...

Vindication is a dish best served with lemon raspberry jelly.
  • Reply 257 of 259
    Forstall looked pretty haggard (relative to his previous appearances) at the iPhone5 keynote. Poor guy, really. He is the next Apple CEO, to me anyway, but I'm not sure if he's riding the waves okay right now. Awesome but really tough times for him too, I think.
  • Reply 258 of 259
    Are you interested in Changing nationality or making any quality fake
    documents for work and traveling? then you have come to the right
    place. We are the best producer of quality fake documents.We have
    years
    of experience producing fake documents,We use high tech equipment to
    produce counterfeit passports. All secret features of a passports are
    carefully duplicated. We offer only original high-quality fake
    passports, driver's licenses, ID cards, stamps, Visa, school Diplomes
    and other products for a number of countries like:
    USA, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Finland, France, Germany,
    Israel, Mexico, Netherlands, South Africa, Spain, United Kingdom, etc.
    To get the additional information and place the order just visit our website:

http://minn-documentation-london.oc-npw.com/

To get the additional information and place the order You can address
    all your questions and demands by the email addresses.)

Contact e-mail: [email protected]

General support: [email protected]

http://minn-documentation-london.oc-npw.com/

Tel.+447024033482

SKYPE ID:minndocs001
    ----------
    Keywords:
    buy fake USA(United States) passports,
    buy fake Australian passports,
    buy fake Belgium passports,
    buy fake Brazilian(Brazil) passports,
    buy fake Canadian(Canada) passports,