Why am I trapped!?!?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014

I'm really frustrated right now. I have an Ipod Touch 3g, and it's been having date and time glitches. It'd keep resetting to different times throughout the day. I tried fixing this, here's a list of what I tried to do.

-Re-sync my ipod (5 times)

-Change date and time manually in settings (would simply reset back to the wrong time after I turned it off then on again)

-Confirmed that I was in the correct time zones (which I was)

-Tried to update my Ipod via Itunes (get message that I need a newer version of itunes)

-Try getting new version of Itunes (says my Mac's software is too old when I have 10.4.11, have to update my entire mac for my Ipod)

-Realize someone in my family has a newer Mac laptop (after research, I find out that if I update my Ipod on another computer, it will automatically sync and reset all data. Therefore, I can't)

-NOTHING LEFT

I'm trapped, there's nothing else I can do to fix this, is there? Apple's leading me into a dark hole just to fix this simple problem. Please help, I don't know what to do anymore. 

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7

I don't see back up and restore there. Try that.

• Reply 2 of 7

Quote:

Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

I don't see back up and restore there. Try that.

Restoring would delete all my application data, I've spent countless hours on there. How do you back up?

• Reply 3 of 7

Originally Posted by nightman7 View Post

Restoring would delete all my application data, I've spent countless hours on there. How do you back up?

iTunes does it for you when you restore to new software, and every time you plug in anyway, if you have it set like that.

Sync first, clean restore second.

• Reply 4 of 7

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

iTunes does it for you when you restore to new software, and every time you plug in anyway, if you have it set like that.

Sync first, clean restore second.

What I did was I synced my iPod, then I scrolled down to "Back up". After that I restored, then selected my backed up iPod instead of a completely new iPod from the selection page. My applications started downloading after that. I sure hope the data on those applications will remain as well though.

• Reply 5 of 7

Sorry for double posting, but it worked. Got the latest version of iPod as well. All my apps, and app data is still there. Thanks everyone.

• Reply 6 of 7
    verarverar Posts: 1member

Thanks for the assists guys! I fixed my iPod, it works perfectly! I'm glad to find such an awesome source of information

mov player http://movplayer.net/

• Reply 7 of 7
    sr2012sr2012 Posts: 896member
    nightman7 wrote: »
    Sorry for double posting, but it worked. Got the latest version of iPod as well. All my apps, and app data is still there. Thanks everyone.

Excellent. Backup and Restore on iOS Devices is pretty decent nowadays.