iPhone 5 outperforms Samsung's Galaxy S III in display test

Comments

• Reply 61 of 111

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sasparilla View Post

Maybe next year the Galaxy S will get an updated screen....

...and they may even let it run the latest version of Android. Be still my heart!  /s

• Reply 62 of 111

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

Now they do, now that we have several mini tablets with phone capability being sold as phones. Which is my point. Flog the bigger screen all you want, they keep getting bigger, but at what point is it where you'll say is a bit much?

Dell Streak 5 couldn't get traction to save Michael Dell's live a couple years ago at a 5" screen size, but now fandroids are saying that you must have 5" or it's nothing. Also, note that Streak was promoted as a tablet/phone hybrid. So I think it is valid to suggest people should be honest and say they're looking for a tablet phone, because they're getting to be comical in size.

From the Apple vs Samscum trial we learned that the S3 wasn't selling at all like Samscum was saying it was... 

Samscum copies and lies... fandroids just copies Samscum lies.

• Reply 63 of 111
    First of all, I really dont care who wins, Apple, Samsumg, Nokia..etc
    Whats the deal if the S3 screen is only B or ok? But:
    1) What about the removable battery? why whould I pay to apple just for changing batteries?
    2) Does Iphone5 has a MicroSD or SD expansion? NO!
    3) Why not compearing the Iphone 5, S3 and lummnia 900 RAM and Processor specs? just focusing in the screen is not fare! however even in the screen field S3 and Lumnia 900 are more than good..but if you fanboys wants to count pixels go ahead. Is really Iphone 5 so different than Iphone 4S? where is the radical change in IOS6?
    4) Forcing everybody not to use Google maps? why sue just Samsumg? Why file a rectangle as an invention..to sue everybody? did they invented every patent they used?!! is this a monopolistic competition
    actitude? I would say YES!!!
    5) Do they have more employees in Asia or US? YES!..ok everybody make things is ASIA.. but then dont call yourself an American company if you are not 100%, so Fanboys have in mind you are not helping more or less jobless americans buying an Apple, Nokia or Samsumg product.

Fanboys keep feeding the monster, soon that monster will eliminate any options in America, so your only option will be that old fashioned icons, programs and appearance. In my personal opinion I see S3 and Lumnia as more inovative, and iphone is just showing the same icons and appearance for 3 years or more.

finaly Android fanboys, Iphone fanboys dont waste your time fighting, just be open for more options is good for everybody. My english is not perfect but am sure everybody understand.

Regards and respects!
  • Reply 64 of 111
    Isn't it strange how tests are always "biased" when it's your side that loses out?
  • Reply 65 of 111
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Here's another "display" test of a different type, same result iPhone wins again.

http://mashable.com/2012/09/24/iphone-5-galaxy-s-iii-face-off/

Another $300 screen replacement.
  • Reply 66 of 111
    sennensennen Posts: 1,472member

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooltalk View Post

Whoop Dee Doo

So any non-Apple device releases a product with some superior spec and "Apple has stopped innovating", "Apple is behind" etc, but when Apple is shown to be ahead in some area it's "Whoop Dee Doo". I mean, it's only a screen, the thing that you look at all the time and interact with. Whoop Dee Doo.

I'll file that one away for future reference.

• Reply 67 of 111
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,192member

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincex View Post

First of all, I really dont care who wins, Apple, Samsumg, Nokia..etc

Whats the deal if the S3 screen is only B or ok? But:

1) What about the removable battery? why whould I pay to apple just for changing batteries?

2) Does Iphone5 has a MicroSD or SD expansion? NO!

3) Why not compearing the Iphone 5, S3 and lummnia 900 RAM and Processor specs? just focusing in the screen is not fare! however even in the screen field S3 and Lumnia 900 are more than good..but if you fanboys wants to count pixels go ahead. Is really Iphone 5 so different than Iphone 4S? where is the radical change in IOS6?

Forget specifications, as they are meaningless in the face of performance.

All other smartphones sold in the U.S.A. lose badly to the iPhone 5 in performance.

No Android device operates as fluidly or efficiently as the iPhone.

And Apple doesn't have a monopoly on batteries, silly!

• Reply 68 of 111

Quote:

Originally Posted by hentaiboy View Post

Why do Apple Fanboys feel so threatened by the GS3?

Just askin'...

You've got it the wrong way around. Fandroids have been posting on APPLEinsider for months, pre-and-post-iP5 about how much better the S3 is.

• Reply 69 of 111
    kpomkpom Posts: 660member
    One more thing for Samsung to copy in the Galaxy S4!
  • Reply 70 of 111

Quote:

Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Here's another "display" test of a different type, same result iPhone wins again.

http://mashable.com/2012/09/24/iphone-5-galaxy-s-iii-face-off/

Another $300 screen replacement.

Actually, this looks to be exactly the same kind of test....a bunch of kids slapping together some crap. Especially love how on the "drop test", the GS3 smacks into the concrete screen first, while the iPhone5 is dropped on it's edges. Obviously a controlled experiment... /s

• Reply 71 of 111

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

Untrue... The 'one on the right' is made of Polycarbonate which is an advanced thermoplastic polymer composite material, and said substrate anything but 'cheap' in either its durability or resitance to damage from impacts and extreme temperatures.

Nice regurgitation of marketing spin. Looks cheap, feels cheap, is cheap.

• Reply 72 of 111

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

When you're talking about a field with near 5" and larger "phones", they really are mini tablets. What is the point in pretending they are phones?

Im not talking about 5" screens (although many users do love these devices to avoid carring multiple devices).  I am talking about the sweet spot of 4.5 to 4.8 in screens.    They are significantly easier to read than the iphones small 3.5 or 4" screen.  Iphone to me is useless primarily due to the aweful screen size.    If you just make phone calls and play angry birds; its fine.  If you want to be productive; the screen is too small.

• Reply 73 of 111
    davestall wrote: »
    jeffdm wrote: »
    When you're talking about a field with near 5" and larger "phones", they really are mini tablets. What is the point in pretending they are phones?
    Im not talking about 5" screens (although many users do love these devices to avoid carring multiple devices).  I am talking about the sweet spot of 4.5 to 4.8 in screens.    They are significantly easier to read than the iphones small 3.5 or 4" screen.  Iphone to me is useless primarily due to the aweful screen size.    If you just make phone calls and play angry birds; its fine.  If you want to be productive; the screen is too small.

So you are a fan of holding the clown shoes of the phone world up against your head, and kid yourself that you can be productive using it on your lap.....just get a real, larger tablet if that is to be the purpose.
  • Reply 74 of 111
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    davestall wrote: »
    One-size does not fit all.

I think Apple made a huge mistake pandering to the Android crowd who think somehow bigger is better. It's a PHONE!!! Before the iPhone, smartphones were limited to the Palm OS & Windows stuff, the screens were generally tiny and unusable, and over crowded with on screen navigation. The iPhone got it just about perfectly. A phone that slips into your pants pocket, but still let's you check things on the go. It's not meant for spreadsheets, or drafting legal documents, although you can. And I'm not sure exactly how "productive" anybody can be on a 4.5-4.8 inch screen anyway, but that is a totally subjective matter of option. I doubt I could do anything truly productive on anything less than 7" and that's way too big for a phone.

Now don't get me wrong. I think choice is a great thing. If my girlfriend wants to carry around a phone the size of her head, great. But I want one phone, that slips easily into my jeans pocket -- and I'm not talking about those loose fit, high rise affairs Bill Gates sports on the weekends which could probably comfortably hold a Slate -- but still allows me to reasonably access the Internet, etc. if I need to, and won't break itself or me if i sit down too fast. I want a smart phone that I can put into the pocket of my board shorts and wont get in the way if i play beach volleyball, or go for a run. Frankly I would be happy if the iPhone were slightly smaller than the original screen size. Maybe one day Apple will give it to me. But from what I've seen, Samsung won't. Apple will presumably be offering the iPhone 4S form factor for two more years, at which time I hope they realize that smaller is better when it comes to phones, and will keep the 4S size around as a choice to the 5s form factor, or god forbid something larger. Not gonna hold my breath knowing Apple, but the 5 is certainly a better option than the ridiculously oversized Android phones for me. For those who need/want them, more power to you.
  • Reply 75 of 111
    entropys wrote: »
    So you are a fan of holding the clown shoes of the phone world up against your head, and kid yourself that you can be productive using it on your lap.....just get a real, larger tablet if that is to be the purpose.

Exaggerate Much?

My Samsung Galaxy S III is negigibly larger (overall) than my iPhone 5, primarily due to the fact that the GS III's design better utilizes the given (frontal) area than the iPhone 5, and when it comes to thickness, the dimensions are even closer.

All this nonsense about the GS III being so much larger than the iPhone 5 is just borne of ignorance (bias), with little basis in fact.

http://imageshack.us/a/img20/5621/p1000621v.jpg

• Reply 76 of 111

Quote:

Exaggerate Much?

My Samsung Galaxy S III is negigibly larger (overall) than my iPhone 5, primarily due to the fact that the GS III's design better utilizes the given (frontal) area than the iPhone 5, and when it comes to thickness, the dimensions are even closer.

All this nonsense about the GS III being so much larger than the iPhone 5 is just borne of ignorance (bias), with little basis in fact.

Actually, your photo proves the G3 is significantly larger. Enough so to be uncomfortable for front jeans pockets, which is where my iPhone is most of the time I'm not using it.

"Better design", oh dear.

• Reply 77 of 111
    sennen wrote: »
    Actually, your photo proves the G3 is significantly larger. Enough so to be uncomfortable for front jeans pockets, which is where my iPhone is most of the time I'm not using it.

"Better design", oh dear.

Do You Have No Integrity At All?

Nowhere in my entire post do I use the phrase 'better design'... and if you lack the ability to recognize/acknowledge that the iPhone design makes less efficient use of the frontal surface area (largely due to the round [HOME] button), then there's really little hope for any kind for rational discussion with you.

Be Well... or not.
  • Reply 78 of 111

Quote:

Do You Have No Integrity At All?

Nowhere in my entire post do I use the phrase 'better design'... and if you lack the ability to recognize/acknowledge that the iPhone design makes less efficient use of the frontal surface area (largely due to the round [HOME] button), then there's really little hope for any kind for rational discussion with you.

Be Well... or not.

Haha, indeed that was my mistake! Perhaps I'm dyslexic and I don't even realise it as in my head the words were the other way around. On that, you have my apologies. I hold to everything else.

• Reply 79 of 111

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

From the Apple vs Samscum trial we learned that the S3 wasn't selling at all like Samscum was saying it was... 

Samscum copies and lies... fandroids just copies Samscum lies.

And now you're lying.

• Reply 80 of 111
    Spoiler:
    mode 5 wrote: »
    But but but but but but butt!

You're a guy. We get it. Thank you for your thoughts!