Apple iOS 6 Wi-Fi problems persist for some iDevice owners

Comments

• Reply 21 of 45
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member

Quote:

Originally Posted by neosum View Post

91 pages at 15 post per page and assuming it's all unique posts, that would be 1365 affected out of the 1 million upgrades to iOS6. It affects .1% of the users who upgraded, so yea it's definitely an issue with iOS6.

I upgraded one 4 and two 4s, and didn't see the problem. I guess I'm part of the 99.9%.

As am I.

• Reply 22 of 45

Quote:

91 pages at 15 post per page and assuming it's all unique posts, that would be 1365 affected out of the 1 million upgrades to iOS6. It affects .1% of the users who upgraded, so yea it's definitely an issue with iOS6.

I upgraded one 4 and two 4s, and didn't see the problem. I guess I'm part of the 99.9%.

Yes, because everyone who uses iOS HAS to go to the Apple Support forums... Considering that the number of people who go to the Apple Support site is selectively small, I'd consider 0.1% of iOS 6 upgrades having Wi-Fi issues a serious problem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Techboy View Post

Must we make every little problem news these days? 91-page thread and the solution is to reset your hardware? Another failed complaint! Wanna know how often I need to restart Windows 7 each day? Should this be news too?

The article I read stated that a variety of solutions have been proposed, some that seem to be more effective than other. There wasn't just one solution.

And if you're restarting Windows 7 multiple times a day, I'd suggest you keep away from all those random adult sites and quit opening every link in every email you receive. An OS can only go so far in protecting users from their own foolish behavior.

• Reply 23 of 45
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    caliminius wrote: »
    Yes, because everyone who uses iOS HAS to go to the Apple Support forums... Considering that the number of people who go to the Apple Support site is selectively small, I'd consider 0.1% of iOS 6 upgrades having Wi-Fi issues a serious problem.

Maybe, maybe not. Why don't you start by providing real evidence of what percentage of iOS users have a WiFi problem that didn't occur previously?
  • Reply 24 of 45
    deadduck wrote: »
    There is another very serious underlying issue with WiFi in iOS6... read here: https://discussions.apple.com/message/19654874#19654874

I read that post. Non issue. Sounds more like a problem with the user's ISP cache, which the user admits in the first post.
  • Reply 25 of 45
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    pendergast wrote: »
    I read that post. Non issue. Sounds more like a problem with the user's ISP cache, which the user admits in the first post.

Confirmed. Newest post from that user says:
    "As of today, my ISP's cache server seem to have resolved the issues I had reported to them and with that www.apple.com is now working fine on my primary internet connection. This solved the WiFi captive url/portal login window issue."

Of course, he then goes on to say that Apple needs to fix it, so it doesn't sound like he really understands any of the issues, anyway.
  • Reply 26 of 45
    icoco3icoco3 Posts: 1,474member

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadDuck View Post

There is another very serious underlying issue with WiFi in iOS6... read here: https://discussions.apple.com/message/19654874#19654874

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc Borgers View Post

I experienced problems with a synheizer MM400 not able to connect via Bluetooth to my iPod Touch

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Smith View Post

I also had WiFi issues upon upgrading. After looking up in the Apple forums how to resolve WiFi issues, I reset the network settings, and all is now well. So far, no new problems with iOS 6

Thank you all for joining the forums here in order to point out some kind of problem.  It is better you take the comments to www.apple.com as they may be more interested in your comments.

Thanks again.

• Reply 27 of 45

Twice today I've had the problem of enqueued mail disappearing completely because the SEND is happening as the antenna switches from Wi-Fi to 3G. It's logged as a response but never makes it out.

C'mon, Apple. You're better than this. Or, at least, you used to be with Jobs at the helm.

• Reply 28 of 45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler Burton View Post

Twice today I've had the problem of enqueued mail disappearing completely because the SEND is happening as the antenna switches from Wi-Fi to 3G. It's logged as a response but never makes it out.

C'mon, Apple. You're better than this. Or, at least, you used to be with Jobs at the helm.

Thank you for joining the forums here in order to point out some kind of problem.  It is better you take the comments to www.apple.com as they may be more interested in your comments.

Thanks again.

• Reply 29 of 45

Originally Posted by Tyler Burton View Post

Or, at least, you used to be with Jobs at the helm.

Nothing ever had any problems, hardware or software, when Steve Jobs was alive.

• Reply 30 of 45

Quote:

Originally Posted by GentryBiz View Post

Home Sharing Problems Also Noted after iOS 6 (sicks) Upgrade.

hahaha

• Reply 31 of 45

Quote:

Originally Posted by GentryBiz View Post

Home Sharing Problems Also Noted after iOS 6 (sicks) Upgrade.

The following Apple Support Community forum addresses this problem.

https://discussions.apple.com/message/19645743#19645743

AI thank you for making this story a headline.

GB

Thank you for joining the forums here in order to point out some kind of problem.  It is better you take the comments to www.apple.com as they may be more interested in your comments.

Thanks again.

• Reply 32 of 45

I have just downloaded the 6 and first my phone didn't have any messages, genius bar told me to back up using i cloud or i tunes, which I did, and now my phone is completely dead!!!!! It worked fine before this new software and I can't get an appointment at genius bar for a week!!!!!!! Anyone else had the same problems, and has anyone resolved it??????? Help me please, my life is in that phone.

• Reply 33 of 45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crying123 View Post

I have just downloaded the 6 and first my phone didn't have any messages, genius bar told me to back up using i cloud or i tunes, which I did, and now my phone is completely dead!!!!! It worked fine before this new software and I can't get an appointment at genius bar for a week!!!!!!! Anyone else had the same problems, and has anyone resolved it??????? Help me please, my life is in that phone.

ditto as previous post.

• Reply 34 of 45

Originally Posted by icoco3 View Post

ditto as previous post.

Well, we DO give tech support here, just in the Genius Bar subforum. If they'd point themselves thatta-way and give us a little more information, I'm sure we'd help if we know the answer.

I dunno, Apple Support Forums just… Don't know how to feel about them.

• Reply 35 of 45
    Wi-Fi issues began right after the upgrade. No internet at home, office, Starbucks, anywhere. Been waiting since last monday for "tech support." Can't download latest apps (Pages, Numbers etc) without a computer. According to customer service because my Apple Care expired in July a new IPhone 4 would cost me $200.00. I didn't cause this but might have to pay for it. One tech honestly told me to wait at least one month before updating to any new software update. I guess the more they sell the less they need those of us who have been there since the original phone
  • Reply 36 of 45
    That is a FALSE argument for many reasons, including the most obvious argument that people don't have access to the community without Wi-Fi. Not to mention, many people just call Apple instead of wasting their time venting on boards.

Trying to minimize a serious problem is douche-y behavior. You realize this, right?

Quote:

• Reply 37 of 45

Originally Posted by Waverunnr View Post

Trying to minimize a serious problem is douche-y behavior. You realize this, right?

As is trying to blow a problem wholly out of proportion.

• Reply 38 of 45
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,198member

Sporadic wifi (with airport extreme v. 5) has been a royal PITA on my iPhone 5. Wasted a lot of time on it. Setting a static IP seems the best solution thus far, but still a fail. This is on 5 GHz.

Switched to 2.4GHz and it's stable so far, but throughput and latency aren't what they should/could be on 5 GHz.

• Reply 39 of 45
    Weird. After upgrading to the latest software, all my devices have Wifi connection problems. I have an iPad 2, iPod Touch 4Gen and Apple TV 2gen. ALL OF THEM have connection issues. They work like this: when I get home, all of them connect to the Wifi network. But after 1 minute of use, they stop connecting. It's not like loosing the network signal, it's like not downloading anything. In the network settings they show as connected to my router.

Yesterday it was Apple TV turn. After upgrading I could not watch movies anymore. After 1 minute of movie, the spinner started to spin forever and then the message saying the service is no longer available.

Someone probably had messed up with the Wifi code and this one was spread all over the Apple OSs.

Apple, please release an update. All my devices are ISLANDS!
  • Reply 40 of 45

The problems with IOS 6 and WiFi are real. Many iDevices that never see a captive portal may not see the issue.

My iPad 2 (IOS 6) works great at home and not so good on any captive portal I have tried. Going to a hotel for weekend or McDonalds or work and I see bad issues with WiFi connectivty (I have to renew my lease everytime the iPad shuts down and always have a slow connection)

Does the router just need a firmware upgrade/downgrade or just resetting? I do not know, I can hardly ask McD's to let me tinker with their WiFi network.

How do I know it is IOS 6? Well my iPad worked fine before I upgraded. My son's iPad 1 (non upgradeable) works without an issue, my wife's iPhone 4s (she refuses to upgrade) works fine.

Draw your own conclusions, I have mine. The refusal by Apple to even acknowledge there is an issue is starting to irk me especially as there is no easy way back to ios 5. With the exception of my soon to be out of contract Blackberry we are an Apple family and I'm starting to have second thoughts about my next phone.

Also.... IOS 6 battery life seems suspect, not so sure it is a coincidence that my battery life has dropped significantly since "upgrading"