iCloud glitch offers users 25GB of storage space until 2050

Comments

• Reply 21 of 67
    mcrsmcrs Posts: 172member

Well, after proudly paying the so-called Apple Tax for overpriced gadgets, Macs, etc... for many many years, that's the least some of these I-gadget users would wish for. See, those hundred billion of cash pile at Apple,  It actually had belonged to its users at one point or another before Apple's invisible hand quietly swiped  that money away out of its users' pockets.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

It's this pathetic self-entitlement bullshit...

• Reply 22 of 67
    I currently have 4 devices and a 5th coming sometime this month that backups to my iCloud. I found that my iPhone backup was taking up at lot of space with pictures. I deleted the pictures because they are stored on my mac and have ended up with about 1GB of storage space used. So I now believe that 5GB is enough space for most users.
    When iPhone 5 were preordered, they suggested that a lightening to 30pin connector allowing the phone to be connected to a 30pin dock for example. This turned out to be untrue. They didn't honour it and maybe they won't honour this one as well.

They said that an lightening connector will be in the box but they didn't honour it.

1) That little pencil icon is an edit button.

2) Music, Photo Stream photos, apps, and books do not count against that 5 GB limit. Only Camera Roll (photos not included in Photo Stream), mail, documents, account info, settings, and app data count against the 5 GB cap.

3) They did include a Lightning connector with your iPhone 5. You know they did because otherwise you wouldn't be able to charge it. What you are implying is that Apple promised to give you a free Lightning-to-iPod-Dock adapter with your iPhone. That is different from connector and not something that is part of the iPhone 5 as you can see from their site.
  • Reply 23 of 67
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    When iPhone 5 were preordered, they suggested that a lightening to 30pin connector allowing the phone to be connected to a 30pin dock for example. This turned out to be untrue. They didn't honour it and maybe they won't honour this one as well.
    They who? Never happened. Apple never promised anybody there would be an adapter in he box. Many thought (hoped) there would be, but it didn't happen.
  • Reply 24 of 67
    I have not forgotten the change from .Mac to Mobile me, then Apple killed iWeb that screw many of us big time. iCloud, never trust it. Good luck to those got 25 Gb storage till 2050. Apple lost it's magic without Jobs.
  • Reply 25 of 67
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Valley View Post

iCloud, never trust it. 

Why not?  It's the best syncing service of its kind. Nothing else like it. It works like a charm. 

• Reply 26 of 67

MobileMe ex-user converted to iCloud. I too show 25GB until 2050. No complaints from me.

• Reply 27 of 67
    guyrguyr Posts: 50member
    I read the iCloud message as 'you are signed up to the 20gb plan until 2050 at a cost of $40 a year' the key part is the cost ticked next to the 20gb plan. It already has the cc info and address. I'm sure it will be clarified in the next week. It's still the 30th sept in California at the moment...
  • Reply 28 of 67
    tylerk36tylerk36 Posts: 1,037member

Apple changes the expiration date then they get sued.  Then Apple settles and the person who did the programming is sent to sell refurbished iPods in china.

• Reply 29 of 67
    25GB is already less than I can load on a damn USB memory stick, and it will probably not even store more than three-seconds of full reality holo recordings before the year 2050 arrives.
  • Reply 30 of 67

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuyR View Post

I read the iCloud message as 'you are signed up to the 20gb plan until 2050 at a cost of $40 a year' the key part is the cost ticked next to the 20gb plan. It already has the cc info and address. I'm sure it will be clarified in the next week. It's still the 30th sept in California at the moment...

Exactly, I don't see why people think it's free. It says explicitly (even in the graphic in this article), that it's $40/year. Furthermore, you can't downgrade (and thus will be paying $40/year) until 2050.

• Reply 31 of 67
    akf2000akf2000 Posts: 223member
    bit morbid, Apple, making us all consider our death.
  • Reply 32 of 67
    -ag--ag- Posts: 123member

Well im not fussed.

My MobileMe sub ran out 2 days before they changed it, so they bumped my account by default, and now its showing the 25GB 2050 date as well.

cant look a gift horse in the mouth. :)

• Reply 33 of 67
    irnchrizirnchriz Posts: 1,617member
    mugwump wrote: »
    And that's what it should be. I purchased MobileMe, I paid for the yearly renewal a month before iCloud was announced. Apple gave me additional storage space to make up for it, and it should stay that way.

Sorry, you bought 12 months of service in April or May 2011 which ran until June 2012.
    If you switched to iCloud you got 25GB up until September 2012. You got more than you paid for already.
  • Reply 34 of 67
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    mcrs wrote: »
    Well, after proudly paying the so-called Apple Tax for overpriced gadgets, Macs, etc... for many many years, that's the least some of these I-gadget users would wish for. See, those hundred billion of cash pile at Apple,  It actually had belonged to its users at one point or another before Apple's invisible hand quietly swiped  that money away out of its users' pockets.

What an insanely stupid comment.

You're not actually silly enough to believe what you just said, are you?
  • Reply 35 of 67
    eksodoseksodos Posts: 186member

This glitch never would have happened if.....

• Reply 36 of 67
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

I've got the 2050 expiry too!

• Reply 37 of 67
    lightknightlightknight Posts: 2,312member
    My feeling is, if you clicked on the "mistaken offer", you should get it. After all, you don't get to negotiate the terms of contracts with Apple, do you? So if they make a mistake like this, it should be their problem...

Of course, I understand Apple Stock owners might feel differently, but in all fairness it's my opinion, and I don't quite care cause I'm not affected by this bug.

I'm quite affected by not-just-as-cool bugs, though...
  • Reply 38 of 67
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by mcrs View Post

Well, after proudly paying the so-called Apple Tax for overpriced gadgets…

The tax that doesn't exist and never has, you mean. By their very definition, they aren't overpriced.

Originally Posted by akf2000 View Post

bit morbid, Apple, making us all consider our death.

Speak for yourself. I expect to be on my second telomere treatment by then. 

Originally Posted by GTR View Post

What an insanely stupid comment.

You're not actually silly enough to believe what you just said, are you?

No, he is.

• Reply 39 of 67
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    My feeling is, if you clicked on the "mistaken offer", you should get it. After all, you don't get to negotiate the terms of contracts with Apple, do you? So if they make a mistake like this, it should be their problem...
    Of course, I understand Apple Stock owners might feel differently, but in all fairness it's my opinion, and I don't quite care cause I'm not affected by this bug.
    I'm quite affected by not-just-as-cool bugs, though...

I'm quite surprised by your apparent negative stance against Apple in this instance.

I mean, you're normally so...unbiased and...open-minded.

;-)
  • Reply 40 of 67
    Seeing this, I went and checked my account. Yep - same as the pic in this article, and the date is 2050, however, it says that the plan is 20GB for $40 a year (greyed out, like the disclaimer about downgrading), rather than free, and will be DOWNGRADED to free when the current plan ends in 2050. I hadn't looked at it before, so I don't know if it appeared the same (cost greyed out), but if not, does this mean we're going to start seeing charges? I know some would like to think it's free, but is it really? Did I sign up to give Apple $40 a year for the next 38 years? I think not. I wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, but if it's a glitch and becomes a charge, I'll be changing it to the free 5GB plan. I've had .Mac and MM for a number of years now and as of today I've still got less than 3GB of stuff out there, so why give Apple (or anyone) $40 annually? Meh.