iCloud glitch offers users 25GB of storage space until 2050

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 67
    alexmitalexmit Posts: 112member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abro View Post

2050 is true. Confirmed by Apple support.

by Abro http://blog.livedoor.jp/applebrothers/archives/52293865.html

Nice try... SPAM!

• Reply 62 of 67
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    gatorguy wrote: »
    Cloud storage saved me just two weeks ago when I had a hard-drive unexpectedly fail.  I had several dozen working files saved to the Cloud that would have been almost impossible to reconstruct. I'm a believer.

As I suggested, I am, too. However, I think MobileMe was better than iCloud, at least from my perspective. Most of the data files on my computer are not supported by iCloud, so it is useless. With MobileMe, I could back up any file I wanted to the cloud.
  • Reply 63 of 67

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarson View Post

I called Apple support and it is indeed on purpose, they are doing it as an "I'm Sorry" gesture for the failed iOS 6 Maps app. Bravo Apple! Best Customer support ever!

If they wanted to say "I'm sorry" for the iMaps fiasco, why wouldn't they just upload a standalone version of the old Google maps app to the app store and make it available as a free download?

• Reply 64 of 67
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by xanthohappy View Post

If they wanted to say "I'm sorry" for the iMaps fiasco, why wouldn't they just upload a standalone version of the old Google maps app to the app store and make it available as a free download?

Because they have nothing to do with Google Maps and no rights to the software to distribute it in that fashion.

They're sorry people are having problems, not that they kicked Google out the door.

• Reply 65 of 67
    gyorpbgyorpb Posts: 93member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Valley View Post

I have not forgotten the change from .Mac to Mobile me, then Apple killed iWeb that screw many of us big time. iCloud, never trust it. Good luck to those got 25 Gb storage till 2050. Apple lost it's magic without Jobs.

• Reply 66 of 67

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Valley View Post

I have not forgotten the change from .Mac to Mobile me, then Apple killed iWeb that screw many of us big time. iCloud, never trust it. Good luck to those got 25 Gb storage till 2050. Apple lost it's magic without Jobs.

That's a little harsh isn't it?  While I miss some of the features of MobileMe, things change and paradigms shift, what can you do?  I believe a little luster has worn off of Apple since Job's death, but they are still turning out great products.  It would be good though to have confirmation one way or the other if they decide to re-set the expiration dates.

• Reply 67 of 67

Quote:

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

While I also have 25 GB of free space, this entire topic ignores the real question.

That storage space for iCloud doesn't do me any good. Most of my files are Office, Filemaker, financial files, Turbotax, etc, etc, etc. iCloud only stores files created or stored with Apple's apps, so I can't use it as a backup.

They had it right with MobileMe and iDisk. I could store all my files in a disk on my desktop which was automatically synced with the cloud for backup storage. I'd really love to see them go back to something like that again - then I could use the 25 GB.

I am with you on that one.  While iDisk was slow syncing at times, I enjoyed its flexibility, and found its integration within the operating system convenient and useful.  Perhaps they are readying for such a switch?  Probably wishful thinking on my part, but who knows?