Apple's fiscal Q4 2012 earnings conference call slated for Oct. 25

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Apple on Monday announced it will be revealing results for the fourth fiscal quarter of 2012 on Oct. 25, to be followed by the an earnings conference call expected to detail the initial sales performance of the company's newest handset, the iPhone 5.

Q4 2012 Conference Call

In an update to its Investor Relations webpage, Apple noted the results statement and ensuing conference call is scheduled for Thursday, Oct. 25 at 2:00 p.m. Pacific/5:00 p.m. Eastern, and can be streamed live here.

For the third fiscal quarter of 2012, Apple's earnings were buoyed by record iPad sales, which grew reached 4 million units for the quarter ending in June. During the call, Apple CFO Peter Oppenheimer revealed that weekly iPhone sales were being negatively impacted by new product rumors, though the exact financial impact was "difficult to sort out."

Despite the rumor mill's hit to sales, iPhone sales grew 28 percent from the year ago period to end June at 26 million units. It is unclear how well the iPhone 5 performed, but Apple announced that 5 million units were sold during the handset's first weekend of sales after pre-orders for the popular device sold out within one hour of availability.

Final iPhone 5 sales for the fourth quarter may have been negatively affected by reported component supply constraints, including shortages of the new in-cell touchpanel displays.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member

How will the sea of haters respond to this one?

• Reply 2 of 7
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

How will the sea of haters respond to this one?

"Apple is doomed."

Not ones for originality, them. 

• Reply 3 of 7

I always love these conference calls if for no other reason than to see how the various pundits and Apple Nay-sayers put the spin on it. Last quarter we saw massive profits (which we shall see again) but which was roundly seen as more signs of "Apple Doom" because it didn't meet the unreasonable expectations set by Wall Street.

I fully expect that "Sky Is Falling" falsehood to continue this quarter.

• Reply 4 of 7
    herbapouherbapou Posts: 2,228member
    Weird date, not within there usual pattern. Maybe because of the rumor october event.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    herbapouherbapou Posts: 2,228member
    I always love these conference calls if for no other reason than to see how the various pundits and Apple Nay-sayers put the spin on it. Last quarter we saw massive profits (which we shall see again) but which was roundly seen as more signs of "Apple Doom" because it didn't meet the unreasonable expectations set by Wall Street.

I fully expect that "Sky Is Falling" falsehood to continue this quarter.

Last quarter Apple barely meet there own guidance, which is abnormal and was seen as a negative change of the usual trend to beat there guidance by at least 30%. Its the first that happen in years.

PREVIOUS EARNINGS:
    2010 Q1 (Ending 12/31/10) Guidance = $4.80; Actual = $6.43;(Beat = 40.0%)
    2011 Q2 (Ending 3/31/11) Guidance = $4.90; Actual = $6.40; (Beat = 30.6%)
    2011 Q3 (Ending 6/31/11) Guidance = $5.07; Actual = $7.79; (Beat = 53.6%)
    2011 Q4 (Ending 9/24/11) Guidance = $5.50; Actual = $7.05 (Beat = 28.2%)
    2012 Q1 (Ending 12/31/11) Guidance = $9.30; Actual = $13.87 (Beat = 49.1%)
    2012 Q2 (Ending 3/31/12) Guidance = $8.50; Actual = $12.30 (Beat = 44.7%)
    2012 Q3 (Ending 6/30/12) Guidance = $8.68; Actual = $9.32 (Beat = 7.37%)

Q4:
    APPLE’s EPS Company Guidance is $7.65
    Consensus EPS estimates currently at $8.61
    Note: Apple can now buy back shares for next Quarter (Q1)

If APPLE “beats” their Guidance by only 20% (Equating to an actual EPS of $9.18), then TTM EPS = $44.67…
    15 PE = $670.05/sh.;
    16 PE = $714.72/sh.;
    17 PE = $759.39/sh.;
    18 PE = $804.06/sh.;
    19 PE = $848.73/sh.;
    20 PE = $893.40/sh.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member

Quote:

Originally Posted by herbapou View Post

Last quarter Apple barely meet there own guidance, which is abnormal and was seen as a negative change of the usual trend to beat there guidance by at least 30%. Its the first that happen in years.

I thought that was because Apple now reports earnings differently, in other words their guidance should be more accurate going forward.

• Reply 7 of 7
    I always love these conference calls if for no other reason than to see how the various pundits and Apple Nay-sayers put the spin on it.